London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
My neighbour 43 years old and perfectly healthy until he got Covid died . FFS what next? No hockey, staying home all the time with my wife and neighbours dying !!! I will be on depression meds soon !!!!

Wow, 43 is way too young. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and your family as well good sir.

Reactions: Buttsy

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
White game worn Knights jerseys from Nov. 26th CHL auction have been shipped out. Mine arrived today. No LOA as was stated, but the jersey comes with a sewn on patch which reads 'authentic game worn jersey' stamp signed by equipment manager, Chris Maton.
Auction for the green jerseys ends tonight. FYI: when the clock counts down to zero, the bidding doesn't always end...it is not uncommon to add an additional 5 min. (sometimes this is done two or three times, e.g. McMichael jersey). Caveat emptor...

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Pretty much what we already knew about this kid. He wins over anyone that watches him play and dismisses all this “to small BS” immediately. I mean he is 5’11” not like he is 5’5” or something. I think for me one of his true strengths lays in his ability to rebound after giving up a goal. Regardless of whether the goal given up was a good goal or one he would like to have back he immediately returns to the place mentally he was in before the goal. I so hope he makes it as the WJC starter as I think Canada is perceived to be weak in goal this season. Brett can shut all the nay sayers up quickly if you actually take the time to watch the kid play!

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Eomox0gWEAgvLSz

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
John Vanbiesbrouck, I guess luckily for him he had his “faux pas” before today’s more standard “get out you disgusting human being” or “move to the KHL” judgements that are handed out? Still somewhat surprised USA Hockey put him into this position, as he definitely has a bit of baggage that follows him.
Good news for Hunter Skinner and the Knights as he will have played at a very high level before the OHL hits the ice (hopefully)! Should give him a bit of a head start on most of the other players.

Reactions: sbpointer

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hilarious thread. Can’t even copy and paste the roster. Guess Keane, McGurn and Onuska are gone.

Not sure why McGurn wouldn't be in that 4RW spot, same with Onuska in the backup G. This lineup also has 6 04s dressed, not sure how that works out.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Bummer to see Brochu cut although not a huge surprise he is really most appreciated in London he kind flew under the radar last season despite the post season recognition and rookie win record with games to spare that will never be played.
It really speaks to the depth of the program though those are 7 pretty awesome junior players including probably a future top guy for the national team.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Hilarious thread. Can’t even copy and paste the roster. Guess Keane, McGurn and Onuska are gone.

i didn’t have Onuska because I was going from the 2019-2020 rosters from OHL.com and he wasn’t on it so I missed him. All I ever saw about Keane in this thread was how awful he is so I didn’t have him in the top 6 next year.

By saying our twitter convo was “hilarious” that means you think Keane, McGurn and Onuska would be able to replace Regula, Merkley, Foudy, Gruden, Willms, Myskiw and Phillips lol.....?

If you don’t think that then you agree with me? Or you’re just looking for support on hfboards because I said for the first time in recent memory your favourite team might not be good? Lol either way I’m confused

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
i didn’t have Onuska because I was going from the 2019-2020 rosters from OHL.com and he wasn’t on it so I missed him. All I ever saw about Keane in this thread was how awful he is so I didn’t have him in the top 6 next year.

By saying our twitter convo was “hilarious” that means you think Keane, McGurn and Onuska would be able to replace Regula, Merkley, Foudy, Gruden, Willms, Myskiw and Phillips lol.....?

If you don’t think that then you agree with me? Or you’re just looking for support on hfboards because I said for the first time in recent memory your favourite team might not be good? Lol either way I’m confused
Let’s be realistic, they will find a way to be good. Even if they are bad, a bad season for them is the 4 seed in the conference which will still get them in the playoffs.

Any team with Connor McMichael up front and Brett Brochu in between the pipes can win any game. Then you gotta factor in Luke Evangelista, Hunter Skinner and the potential for a breakout season from Antonio Stranges. And in typical Knights fashion, we should expect a big season from Stuart Rolofs after a 3-point rookie campaign.

Regarding the original post though, I am still low on Keane. I would like to see McGurn on the team, but he is an 18 year old coming into this season with 3 points to his name. so does anyone really bat an eye if he wasn’t in the lineup for someone younger? probably not.

Reactions: sudburydinnerjacket

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Let’s be realistic, they will find a way to be good. Even if they are bad, a bad season for them is the 4 seed in the conference which will still get them in the playoffs.

Any team with Connor McMichael up front and Brett Brochu in between the pipes can win any game. Then you gotta factor in Luke Evangelista, Hunter Skinner and the potential for a breakout season from Antonio Stranges. And in typical Knights fashion, we should expect a big season from Stuart Rolofs after a 3-point rookie campaign.

Regarding the original post though, I am still low on Keane. I would like to see McGurn on the team, but he is an 18 year old coming into this season with 3 points to his name. so does anyone really bat an eye if he wasn’t in the lineup for someone younger? probably not.
I just don’t see them as a top 4 team in the West, especially because SAG, WSR, SOO and maybe SAR will be buying and would make no sense for London to buy. McMichael is a stud and Brochu is a stud but that’s still far from contention IMO. They have almost no depth other than just rookies and that doesn’t win in the OHL

Also Hunter has shown that when he doesn’t think they can win it all, they trade their top guys for assets (Mermis/McCarron for Pu and then Thomas for McMichael in the last 2 times London wasn’t a candidate to win it all)

although I did end the London part of the write up with “but they’re the London Knights so they very well could sign 5 pro level guys a week before the season and be really good again”. But barring that, I don’t see it.

I feel like that’s a pretty reasonable take from me with my logic as to why I feel that way very clearly laid out. So not sure where the hilarity to “TF519” came from

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Even if they are bad, a bad season for them is the 4 seed in the conference which will still get them in the playoffs.

I tend to be a bit more reserved every season then most Knights fans. I will say IMO we probably are looking at a preseason roster this season that has more ? and potential holes then in past years. However I totally get this and am perfectly content based on all the ? around a season happening and then what it may actually look like? If a season happens what players will be back? Will we see more overage or 4th season players returned to the OHL then normal? Will there be an AHL for non NHL players to be assigned to?

IF and this a big IF we were not to make the playoffs in order to better prepare the next real season I’m totally OK with that.

In the HUNTERs we trust.... and why wouldn’t we?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I feel like that’s a pretty reasonable take from me with my logic as to why I feel that way very clearly laid out. So not sure where the hilarity to “TF519” came from

As far as TF519 goes please appreciate, every year is the year the Knights are not good enough. The hatred of the Knights based on their success make statements like yours (although based on facts this season and is reasonable IMO) get a little long in the tooth year, after year, after year. I don’t find his response really funny but is just a reasonable response that Knights fans at times get a little overwhelmed with? Make some sense???? Cheers and hope the season happens especially for a Gens team with very high expectations.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
As far as TF519 goes please appreciate, every year is the year the Knights are not good enough. The hatred of the Knights based on their success make statements like yours (although based on facts this season and is reasonable IMO) get a little long in the tooth year, after year, after year. I don’t find his response really funny but is just a reasonable response that Knights fans at times get a little overwhelmed with? Make some sense???? Cheers and hope the season happens especially for a Gens team with very high expectations.
Delete. wasted time and energy on a season that will likely never happen.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Hey All,

How are you all doing heading into this lockdown for Christmas and New Years? Who is looking forward to the WJC? NHL? and possible OHL seasons? Hope you are all healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad