London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Happy New Year everyone and all the best in 2021 with or without hockey. Go Canada Go. Felt sorry for Connor with hitting goalposts and crossbars.

Reactions: aresknights

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I am looking for some Tim Horton’s hockey cards to finish up my book if anybody has some willing to trade to help finish their books. PM if you’re interested in helping out

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
With Corey Perry signing to play with the Habs I guess this is as good a time as any to bring back the Perry Pledge. For the uninformed, the Perry Pledge started as a bet between my self and stormfan.

prior to the 2005/06 OHL season. I made the bold prediction that Adam Perry would get 20 goals for the London Knights that season, stormfan did not... and thus the bet was on. It inspired fans right across the OHL to make pledges based on their favorite teams/players, and while I do not have an official total it's believed that it has raised over $10,000 for various charities across the province (I'm pretty sure there is at least one person who has continued to do this every season since)
So.. without further adieu I present the 2021 Perry Pledge
$2 for every point recorded by Corey Perry, Josh Anderson, and Victor Mete of the Montreal Canadiens
$2 for every Montreal Canadiens win
All of my pledge money will go to the
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
Anyone else up for a pledge this year? Feel free to make one and donate to the charity of your choice!

Edit: Less than five minutes in and we have a matching donation from Spageddy Eddy's!

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Happy New Year everyone and all the best in 2021 with or without hockey. Go Canada Go. Felt sorry for Connor with hitting goalposts and crossbars.
Definitely a little rust in his hands as he was just missing the laser on his stick that he is known for. Still a strong tournament overall for him and certainly he is confirming they need to make room for him in the show!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Was really disappointed when Brochu got the chop from Team Canada. But as the tournament progressed that Levi kid proved his worth. Like Ferraro kept repeating he was so “quiet” between the pipes and made it look easy even in the bigger games. Last night can’t fault him really on either goal. One was a great deflection and the other a bit of a lucky bounce of the boards. I think it was the first real coaching assignment for Jason Lalalalal Barbra hats off to him and the coaching staff.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So is Monday, January 11 still the deadline to purchase season tickets?
No

upload_2021-1-9_20-58-8.png

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
London Knights represented at 27/31 NHL Camps

Gotta give it to Houser I don’t think he has ever dressed for an NHL game let alone play in one. KEEPS trying to catch on some where, that’s called perseverance or is it determination or is it both!

Reactions: LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
When I had OHL ActionPak years ago, I remember watching a Barrie Colts game right before the trade deadline. The Barrie announcer said live on air that there's breaking news: Sarnia has traded Tony DeAngelo to the London Knights. Of course, that was a comment that proved to be false, but now I can't help but wonder...
Did DeAngelo nix the deal because London does not have an Olive Garden (possibly of the opinion that there's no better place for a pre-game meal)? :popcorn:
I'll show myself out...

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
18. Vancouver: Logan Mailloux, D
With Mailloux going overseas to play, it could really boost his draft stock. It wouldn't shock me if he jumped into the top 15 come draft day -- or perhaps even higher. The Canucks, meanwhile, would love a right-shooting defenseman that can keep up the pace with Quinn Hughes.

Early Comparison: Mikhail Sergachyev. A big defenseman that's not afraid to make the risky play, he's known to be a two-way guy that can also play a physical game. Definite top 4 potential if he puts it all together.

from NHL Entry Draft: - The way too early first round mock draft for 2021.

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad