London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Teams bought and sold at the deadline, some big time. For that reason doesn't there have to be some kind of finish to this season in some form no matter how late it goes? Maybe look at finishing this season at the start of next season and have next season as the one that gets shortened when everyone is on equal footing.

Now the big question:

Should the season resume in 6 weeks or whenever...is the OHL looking into a roster freeze of current rosters? Example...a player is currently injured and unavailable to their team if games were being played right now. Will that player be eligible to join their team once the season resumes, or will said player be deemed ineligible?

Reactions: zman77

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Just an update on my question about playoff tickets, I emailed this morning as was told that the deadline for the advanced tickets has been moved to March 28th

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Just off the phone with someone from the Knights' ticket office. They advised me to simply hold on to all remaining seasons tickets, and any advanced playoff tickets purchased. They committed that all such tickets will be honoured, once the league gives the all clear for play to resume.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I understand the need for all of this, I do. But as I sit here on a Friday evening when I should be driving to the Bud, I can’t help myself...just ranted to my wife - “we should be on our way to the game...our Knights are doing so well...Brochu has been on fire....the whole thing is a conspiracy started by the Kitchener Rangers....”
Ok maybe not.
Here’s hoping we have a finish to this season, at some point. stay safe, stay sane everyone.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
The draft order will be as at Mar. 12.
I assume that draft gathering/party on April 4th is cancelled as well. This is based on draft proceeding at that time. Does anyone have any info on this?

Last edited:

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Now the big question:

Should the season resume in 6 weeks or whenever...is the OHL looking into a roster freeze of current rosters? Example...a player is currently injured and unavailable to their team if games were being played right now. Will that player be eligible to join their team once the season resumes, or will said player be deemed ineligible?
Highly doubt a roster freeze as discussed would occur. By that logic, Stamkos would be ineligible for the NHL playoffs.

IMO - Gruden will be back when games return and Phillips misses the first two to serve his suspension. Drop the puck.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Good Article: By Ryan Pyette LFP
Clark Singer: Western Hockey Team Coach:

“The hardest,” the Mustangs bench boss said from the Halifax airport Friday morning. “There have been lots of difficult meetings, but that was, by far, the most difficult. I feel very bad for our graduating guys. It’s one thing to have your career end on the ice. It’s another to end your university career in a meeting room.”

Cancellations hit hardest for teams on the verge of something special

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Teams bought and sold at the deadline, some big time. For that reason doesn't there have to be some kind of finish to this season in some form no matter how late it goes? Maybe look at finishing this season at the start of next season and have next season as the one that gets shortened when everyone is on equal footing.
Tough luck for this teams..

This is an unprecedented thing and everyone is going to lose something or be impacted by this in some way.

Would be difficult to simply push the season back when players graduate/leave. The logistics of it don’t make sense. If they aren’t able to finish the season by June, there is not really a good path to do so beyond that. This entire situation is foreign territory but the likely outcome is 2/3 months (at least) of social distancing. If sports and the world just go back to normal too soon, then the entire project would have been all for nothing as the spread will simply ramp back up

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
I understand the need for all of this, I do. But as I sit here on a Friday evening when I should be driving to the Bud, I can’t help myself...just ranted to my wife - “we should be on our way to the game...our Knights are doing so well...Brochu has been on fire....the whole thing is a conspiracy started by the Kitchener Rangers....”
Ok maybe not.
Here’s hoping we have a finish to this season, at some point. stay safe, stay sane everyone.

You found out! But ya, I feel the same way and I'm sure the Aud Rangers fans share your sentiment about missing Friday home games

Reactions: Knights77

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Highly doubt a roster freeze as discussed would occur. By that logic, Stamkos would be ineligible for the NHL playoffs.

IMO - Gruden will be back when games return and Phillips misses the first two to serve his suspension. Drop the puck.

I doubt a roster freeze would occur. But IMO, suspensions may be a different ball of wax. Historically, regulars season games were never as important as playoff games in the way of suspensions.

That being the case, current suspensions that came down were issued with regular season games in mind. Example: Phillips was given a suspension of two regular season games. Had this been playoffs, could that have been deemed worth only one playoff game?

If a return to the season means going directly into playoffs, can we expect suspensions to be adjusted to reflect the difference between regular season and playoff games?

I can see the logic.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Anyone know if our import players are still in town, or if they've returned home during this hiatus ? The reason I'm asking, is that the proposed travel ban the government is contemplating, could affect the possibility of their return, when play resumes. No incoming flights from Europe would mean the team might have to resume play, minus both imports.

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Anyone know if our import players are still in town, or if they've returned home during this hiatus ? The reason I'm asking, is that the proposed travel ban the government is contemplating, could affect the possibility of their return, when play resumes. No incoming flights from Europe would mean the team might have to resume play, minus both imports.

If there are still no incoming flights from Europe, I highly doubt the OHL will have resumed.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011

Imports are still here. The rest of the players have gone home.

Reactions: zman77

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
At this point does anyone actually still think the league might come back?

I think hockey is done for 19-20.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
At this point does anyone actually still think the league might come back?

I think hockey is done for 19-20.
Unfortunately, I agree with you Snippit. This is tough. With that being said the greater health of all is what is much more important than hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad