London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I think regardless of how things play out we should all be proud of our London Knights. The boys were playing some amazing hockey down the stretch and really tightened up defensively.

24 - 3 since New Years. Yeah, they were ok :D

As I stated in a previous post, I was warming up to this group.

Wish em all well and I look forward to next season.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
24 - 3 since New Years. Yeah, they were ok :D

As I stated in a previous post, I was warming up to this group.

Wish em all well and I look forward to next season.
honestly would have done well in the playoffs.

Reactions: TheCoach

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I'd rather them cancel playoffs than do some hollow single game knockout tournament with no fans or something like that.

Next year is probably a re-tool year. Especially if McMichael is gone.

Gun for 2021-22:

F: Evangelista, Stranges, Rolofs, McCue
D: Steklov, Montgomery, Roger, Keane, Mailloux
G: Brochu, Onuska

Hopefully they get Gilmartin to report. Truscott would be nice too.

The last time the Gens won the Mem Cup, London was retooling and traded Mermis/McCarron for Pu+ which was huge in the Gens run and then Pu goes on to win an OHL and Mem Cup championship with London.

I could for sure see that happening again next year with McMichael coming home for his last year and a potential Mem Cup run. Gens will be going all the way in whether they win the bid or not

sudburydinnerjacket

May 28, 2019
The last time the Gens won the Mem Cup, London was retooling and traded Mermis/McCarron for Pu+ which was huge in the Gens run and then Pu goes on to win an OHL and Mem Cup championship with London.

I could for sure see that happening again next year with McMichael coming home for his last year and a potential Mem Cup run. Gens will be going all the way in whether they win the bid or not

not from shwa.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014

This is fake news

Reactions: sudburydinnerjacket

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
not from shwa.

he’s from Durham region (Ajax) and grew up an Oshawa Generals fan. Part of his family lives in Oshawa still. I’m friends with one of his cousins, one of the ones that live in the shwa. To say they were excited and proud of him in the WJ tournament would be an understatement...

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
he’s from Durham region (Ajax) and grew up an Oshawa Generals fan. Part of his family lives in Oshawa still. I’m friends with one of his cousins, one of the ones that live in the shwa. To say they were excited and proud of him in the WJ tournament would be an understatement...
Good luck. Dale will be bringing hell fire like he did in 2012-13. He was infuriated from his coaching stint in Washington and can only imagine how much this current situation has pissed him off.

Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Personally, I like those players we have just waiting to make the roster next season. After that, are those 3 draft selections to be incorporated into the mix. There have been plenty of positives this season, with the organization returning from the WJT with 5 gold medals, and finishing 1st in the always tough Midwestern Division. It'll sort itself out.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
With the season and playoffs now over, As much as I wanted to see the Knights do well, it’s must suck for other teams as well. Especially teams like Saginaw (Wilde and Suzuki), Flint (finally back to relevancy), Peterborough (ditto), and of course Ottawa. Those teams gave up a lot of capital to go for it this year and unfortunately won’t see it happen.

Luckily, we have a GM in Mark who never spends to much via trades to get the pieces that he needs.

K9Kobe

Nov 16, 2019
Near London, Ont.
With the season and playoffs now over, As much as I wanted to see the Knights do well, it’s must suck for other teams as well. Especially teams like Saginaw (Wilde and Suzuki), Flint (finally back to relevancy), Peterborough (ditto), and of course Ottawa. Those teams gave up a lot of capital to go for it this year and unfortunately won’t see it happen.

Luckily, we have a GM in Mark who never spends to much via trades to get the pieces that he needs.

Good point...made responsible tweaks that kept this team extremely competitive w/o sacrificing the future.

I’m sure we’ll hear conspiracy theories, but tends to be the Hunter way. Makes being a LK fan so fun!

PLEASE stay safe everyone!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Well been a little out of the loop but see the CHL did the only thing possible really and officially “chop” the playoffs out for this season.

Tough one for sure don’t think the Knights had the horses to win it all but I really felt they were going to have a great playoff of entertaining hockey. BUT not in the cards. Thanks to Mark we had some great season long adds to the roster and all the while in doing so he never did something so crazy that he boxed in his ability to do it all again the next season.

Several great players to say adios to this year but have to say a huge “Thank You” to Mr Merkley. Class act from the day he arrived and I think really elevated his career options moving forward. He will do well in the NHL but needs the right partner and used in the right situations to make sure he helps his team and teammates to the Max.

Reactions: TheCoach

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Also I really like your GM but at some point he will step up as well. He does however need a coach as I don’t think it’s a strong skill for him. Will be interesting to see who he hires as I’m pretty sure he realizes he needs a dedicated coach as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad