London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfire396

Jan 19, 2018
I know this may be a long shot, but as grandfather always said...
if you don't ask you won't know

Looking for 4 tickets for the Sunday March 8th game. Looking for 100 level

Any help, tips etc to get them is appreciated

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Great statement game tonight. Granted a few mistakes but overall very well played at all ends.
Ingham looked human tonight after having a great season this far. Our D can definitely be stifling at times, as seen the first 2 periods.
Keep it up so we can clinch first in the West.

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I went into Tuesday night's game expecting a battle between two of the top teams in the West, each having something to prove. At the very least, there's 'pride' on the line (but also much more). The Knights put on quite the show, dominating from start to finish. I don't know if it was a matter of the Rangers missing Meireles, Valade, and Jack-eye (sp?) or if it was just a stinker, but Kitchener didn't show up, and they can play a lot better than that. The Knights skating was outstanding, and they managed to generate scoring chances in all sorts of ways. Great sniping! I don't think Ingham was to blame for any goal. Brochu wasn't tested a lot but came up big when he had to, e.g. Hawel's breakaway.
Moving forward, we do have 2 three-in threes left in the schedule which means that Myskiw will no doubt see some action. 6 games in 9 days to close out the season! Keep rolling...

Last edited:

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Moving forward, we do have 2 three-in threes left in the schedule which means that Myskiw will no doubt see some action. 6 games in 9 days to close out the season! Keep rolling...

They should play Brochu on Friday night to tie the rookie wins record, give Myskiw the Owen Sound game on Saturday and let Brochu break the record on Sunday night at home against Oshawa.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Shots on Goal 41 London.........21 Kitchener
SOG after 2nd Period was 31-11
SOG after 1st Period was 14-5

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
globalnews_headshots_300x300_mikestubbs1.jpg

BY MIKE STUBBS 980 CFPL
On Tuesday night in Kitchener the London Knights used a “30 and 30” to beat the Kitchener Rangers 6-2.
Forward Jonathan Gruden scored his 30th goal of the year and Brett Brochu earned his 30th victory as London polished off a 4-2 season series victory and extended their lead atop the Western Conference standings in the Ontario Hockey League to three points over Kitchener. The Knights have nine games remaining on their regular season schedule. The Rangers have eight left.
“Our team has been playing really solid and tonight was a good team win,” said the unflappable Brochu after the game. “It feels good but we still have nine games left and we’re looking forward to those ones too.”
The Knights started the game by killing off three Kitchener power plays and scoring three first period goals.
Matvey Guskov opened the scoring by banging in a Connor McMichael rebound as he went hard to the net in the Rangers zone on a 2-on 1.
Exactly two and a half minutes later, London went ahead 2-0 as Luke Evangelista was sent in on a short-handed breakaway thanks to a feed from Ryan Merkley. Evangelista deked to his backhand and scored his 23rd goal of the season.
The assist on Gruden’s goal pushed Foudy’s point streak to 15 games and had London leading 5-1 through 40 minutes.
30th goal by Gruden, 30th win by Brochu propels London Knights past Kitchener Rangers

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
They should play Brochu on Friday night to tie the rookie wins record, give Myskiw the Owen Sound game on Saturday and let Brochu break the record on Sunday night at home against Oshawa.
Post from from Nelli27 on part 7 say that the record is actually 17 yr old Finley (Barrie) with 34 still a few to go

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Yup. Brochu is going for the rookie record (needs to surpass the Beezer).
Finley was 17 yr old sophomore who holds the record for 17 yr olds...at least that's my understanding.

That is 100% correct.
BTW Apparently Oshawa traded for a hotshot goalie at the trade deadline and he is looking forward to his visit to the Bud on Sunday. Should be a great game.

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
A tale of two London Knights draft eligible sophomores – Ontario Hockey League

Of course, it's a recruitment piece for all the MM and US players out there. But it's also a heck of a testament to the Knights organization. After what 14 went through last year, and what 40 has been going through this year, it's high praise for the Hunters.
Anyone have any information on Panwar? No one talks about him much but I'm sure he's practicing as much as everyone else so is he possibly a late bloomer?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I went into Tuesday night's game expecting a battle between two of the top teams in the West, each having something to prove. At the very least, there's 'pride' on the line (but also much more). The Knights put on quite the show, dominating from start to finish. I don't know if it was a matter of the Rangers missing Meireles, Valade, and Jack-eye (sp?) or if it was just a stinker, but Kitchener didn't show up, and they can play a lot better than that. The Knights skating was outstanding, and they managed to generate scoring chances in all sorts of ways. Great sniping! I don't think Ingham was to blame for any goal. Brochu wasn't tested a lot but came up big when he had to, e.g. Hawel's breakaway.

The only thing missing last night was the Harlem Globetrotters theme music playing over the PA while London had the puck. In other words, most of the game.

Our Rangers were terrible.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
9 Games Left for the Knights
5 Home Games
4 Road Games

606Fri, Mar 6SAR0LDN07:30 pmTicketsWatch LiveBudweiser Gardens
613Sat, Mar 7LDN0OS07:30 pmTicketsWatch LiveHarry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre
617Sun, Mar 8OSH0LDN06:00 pmTicketsWatch LiveBudweiser Gardens
632Fri, Mar 13FLNT0LDN07:30 pmTicketsWatch LiveBudweiser Gardens
641Sat, Mar 14SOO0LDN04:00 pmTicketsWatch LiveBudweiser Gardens
646Sun, Mar 15LDN0GUE02:00 pmTicketsWatch LiveSleeman Centre
656Wed, Mar 18LDN0OS07:00 pmTicketsWatch LiveHarry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre
665Fri, Mar 20OS0LDN07:30 pmTicketsWatch LiveBudweiser Gardens
674Sat, Mar 21LDN0SAR04:05 pmWatch LiveProgressive Auto Sales Arena
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad