London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Knights made the announcement official in an email to Season Ticket Holders around 4 pm.

Any word on how the draft positions are to be determined?

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
Knights made the announcement official in an email to Season Ticket Holders around 4 pm.

Any word on how the draft positions are to be determined?
Standings as they sit now.

Order of selection.
1. NB 2 NIA 3. SAR 4. SSM 5. KGN 6. HAM 7. MISS 8. ER 9. BAR 10. OS 11. SBY 12. GUE 13. OSH 14. WSR 15. PBO 16. FLT 17. KIT 18. SAG 19. LDN 20. OTT

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Standings as they sit now.

Order of selection.
1. NB 2 NIA 3. SAR 4. SSM 5. KGN 6. HAM 7. MISS 8. ER 9. BAR 10. OS 11. SBY 12. GUE 13. OSH 14. WSR 15. PBO 16. FLT 17. KIT 18. SAG 19. LDN 20. OTT

Thanks. That's the way it should be.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Prospect Pipeline: OHL Rating 29-43
2020 OHL Draft Ranking: February’s Top-150
29Nicholas MoldenhauerRWToronto Titans
30Devin MauroCSoo Greyhounds
31Brody Crane*CBuffalo Jr. Sabres 16U
32Aidan CastleRWToronto Jr. Canadiens
33Ryan McGuireLWBurlington Eagles
34Jonathan MeleeLWRockland Nationals
35Matthew DiMarsicoRWPittsburgh Penguins Elite
36Matthew PoitrasLWWhitby Wildcats
37Matthew JovanovicDToronto Marlboros
38Vinny Borgesi*DSouth Kent Academy
39Thomas SirmanDToronto Jr. Canadiens
40Andrew LeBlancCSouthern Tier Admirals
41Spencer SovaDHoneybaked 15U
42Aaron AndradeRWToronto Titans
43Gavin HayesRWCompuware 15U
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
One of the unfortunate things about the regular season ending this way is that I desparately wanted to see Sarnia post 40 losses. It would be fitting for Hatcher to go out with a nice round number.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Way back in 1919 there is an asterisk for that season as the Stanley Cup Final was suspended due to the Spanish Flu Epidemic. I think we will have a new asterisk for the 2020 Championships across all leagues. Players will have been shut down to long and they would almost need a mini training camp and there just isn’t time for it. Really at this point it’s simply delaying the inevitable IMO. Also if they rush back to soon all the isolation work that’s been accomplished potentially would be lost. To risky......

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
OHL cancels rest of regular season, confirms draft and playoff hopes

“It takes drastic measures with what’s happened here,” London GM Mark Hunter said. “It’s the sacrificing of seasons and we still don’t know what’s going to happen with the playoffs yet. We’ll have to sit back and watch what happens and where it goes with this virus.”
All Knights players have returned to their hometowns except Estonian defenceman Kirill Steklov, who’s en route. The team brass wants them to stay safe, but also keep active in case they are recalled for playoff duty.
“Hunker down, be careful what you do and stay in your house as much as possible,” Hunter said. “There’s not many places to exercise. They’re all closed down, too, but they need to do stuff. You can’t just sit in the house all the time. They need to shoot pucks in the back or the basement.”
London goalie Brett Brochu finished the OHL season with a 2.40 goals against average to win the league’s Dinty Moore Trophy as the rookie netminder with the lowest GAA. Connor McMichael fell three short of the 50-goal milestone and overage ironman centre Jason Willms finished his four-year major junior career (the first three-and-a-half with Barrie) having played in 264 straight regular-season games, never missing one in his tenure.
Now, the wait continues to see if he and everyone else will enjoy a postseason and a shot at the Memorial Cup.
By: Ryan Pyette
COVID-19: OHL cancels rest of regular season, confirms draft and playoff hopes

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
Be nice if David Goyette fell to london

David Goyette at eliteprospects.com

Terrific player. I'll take his teammate Vinny Borgesi too. Super talented D. Give me the two Honeybaked teammates Nazar and Namestnikov with our top 2 picks though. Those two dominated the Ontario tourneys they were in. Next US player on my wishlist is Devin Kaplan from New Jersey. Leaving out McGroarty as I expect either Hamilton or the NTDP.

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
This year's D was one of the best in memory. I mean in the way they limited scoring chances, very stingy. They will be missed as will Foudy who had taken his game to the next level. I'll miss his speed, and PK skills.
Mark is making a strong push to bring Vlasic on board for next season.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Highly doubt playoffs will happen. Too bad as I had just started to develop an emotional investment in this team.

Next year we could conceivably lose up to 8 players. Wilms, Phillips, and Myskiw for sure. Regula, Merkley, McMichael, Foudy and Gruden are highly likely. That's a lot of talent to replace. Vlasic would be a good start.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightsWatch

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'd rather them cancel playoffs than do some hollow single game knockout tournament with no fans or something like that.

Next year is probably a re-tool year. Especially if McMichael is gone.

Gun for 2021-22:

F: Evangelista, Stranges, Rolofs, McCue
D: Steklov, Montgomery, Roger, Keane, Mailloux
G: Brochu, Onuska

Hopefully they get Gilmartin to report. Truscott would be nice too.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I'd rather them cancel playoffs than do some hollow single game knockout tournament with no fans or something like that.

Next year is probably a re-tool year. Especially if McMichael is gone.

Gun for 2021-22:

F: Evangelista, Stranges, Rolofs, McCue
D: Steklov, Montgomery, Roger, Keane, Mailloux
G: Brochu, Onuska

If McMichael returns I'd trade him.
Especially if the Hounds drafted Ty Nelson. That's who I'd target for McMichael if the hounds are going for the mem cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce