London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I have watched him the last 10 games or so while he is on the ice. He floats to the open area like in minor novice. No doubt he has the skill to score but he does shy away from the dirty area's. Watch him when he heads to a corner going after the puck with a D man in front of him going after the same puck he won't take the man but tries to stick check instead. when he does get pp time watch him float around. This is why his pp time is limited. he will continue to drop in rankings if he doesn't improve his physical game.

His PP time is limited because it’s how the Hunters roll their units. The top unit basically plays the whole time.

Even a guy like McMichael last year would see only scraps of PP time after Bouchard/Formenton came back.

I agree he has a long way to go without the puck, that’s what I said in my original post. But if he can improve on that, and utilizing his teammates better, then the upside is massive.

Reactions: zman77

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
His PP time is limited because it’s how the Hunters roll their units. The top unit basically plays the whole time.

Even a guy like McMichael last year would see only scraps of PP time after Bouchard/Formenton came back.

I agree he has a long way to go without the puck, that’s what I said in my original post. But if he can improve on that, and utilizing his teammates better, then the upside is massive.
He had pp time during the wjt

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
All 3 looked like borderline charging to me. More than 3 steps before the hit? I think so.

Raffi Torres and Steve Downie did that for years. That hit has been long gone. I’m one for hitting and hitting hard it was the way I played but those types of hits got double digit suspensions. Kassian wasn’t hurt so nothing with come of it. But if he was the comparisons would be out there.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Liam Gilmartin

usntdp.png
USNTDP Juniors / USHL - 19/20
Drafted 2019, 4 #82 overall by London Knights in the OHL Priority Selection
STEAMLEAGUEGPGATPPIM+/-POSTGPGATPPIM+/-
2016-17
6.png
Washington Little Caps Bnt Minor
AYMBHL2318153318 |
2017-18
6.png
Shattuck St. Mary's Bantam T1
Bantam5540428216 |
2018-19
6.png
Shattuck St. Mary's U16
Midget5126396528 |
2019-20
6.png
U.S. National U17 Team
USDP351031322 |
6.png
USNTDP Juniors
USHL20628161|
31.png
USA U17
WHC-1762022
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Remember this player?
He's doing very well in the AJHL @ 1.70 or so/pts/gm
Brooks Bandits is the team Cale Makar played for 2-3 years ago
Last year he was 5th in the GOJHL in scoring with Listowel Cyclones

Brayden Krieger, Feb.9, 2001. (19 years old this season)

Brayden Krieger at eliteprospects.com

STEAMLEAGUEGPGATPPIM+/-POSTGPGATPPIM+/-
2016-17
3.png
Waterloo Wolves Minor Midget AAA
AHMMPL331518336|Playoffs1565112
2017-18
3.png
Guelph Jr. Gryphons Midget AAA
SCTA6438529030|
3.png
Listowel Cyclones
GOJHL50002|Playoffs20000
2018-19
3.png
Listowel Cyclones
GOJHL4836488422|Playoffs218132118
2019-20
3.png
Brooks Bandits
AJHL4229417038|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
One prospect to keep an eye on is Liam Gilmartin (F), won a silver medal with the U.S. U-17 team. There could be a spot on the team for him next season. I don't think he's a college commit.

Another one is Jacob Truscott. 02 LHD, committed to Michigan next year but you never know.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I've wondered why Krieger hasn't got a look yet, he seems to dominate statistically. As a '01 you thought he'd have a shot this year. Anyone ever hear anything bad or reasons for not getting an OHL shot?
unless it comes to Americans/imports, guys are usually done after 2 training camps. he played major midget after his first training camp. therefore going into his 2nd training camp he was already an outsider as a 17 year old with 5 Jr. B games to his name. he played the season with Listowel and the Knights likely didn’t have room to sign him/weren’t impressed enough so he’s probably long released

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I've wondered why Krieger hasn't got a look yet, he seems to dominate statistically. As a '01 you thought he'd have a shot this year. Anyone ever hear anything bad or reasons for not getting an OHL shot?
It seems a lot of the kids from the CJHL are looking for NCAA rides? Maybe he is more interested in an education instead of a “million to one shot” at the NHL? But your right statistically he looks interesting doesn’t he?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Liam Gilmartin was rated in the top 15 or so in the 2019 OHL Draft
Krieger had a good camp last summer with London.
I had the impression they wanted to sign him.
Maybe Nelli knows more on him.

Reactions: TheCoach

spartan11

Jan 24, 2019
Liam Gilmartin was rated in the top 15 or so in the 2019 OHL Draft
Krieger had a good camp last summer with London.
I had the impression they wanted to sign him.
Maybe Nelli knows more on him.
Krieger was not at camp last summer, Mcgurn wore the number that was in the program for Krieger for the one day

Reactions: nelli27 and zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Krieger was not at camp last summer, Mcgurn wore the number that was in the program for Krieger for the one day

ok..............thanks spartan.
I mixing up Krieger with another kid.
The player I was thinking about did have a good camp. US born and NCAA Commit.
Free Agent?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mark Estapa

I just got his name spartan from past discussions. Thanks.
University of Michigan commit in '21-22.

Mark Estapa at eliteprospects.com
Forward -- shoots L
Born Jan 13 2002 -- St. Clair, MI
[18 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 191 [185 cm/87 kg]

Reactions: Fastpace
Mark Estapa

I just got his name spartan from past discussions. Thanks.
University of Michigan commit in '21-22.

Mark Estapa at eliteprospects.com
Forward -- shoots L
Born Jan 13 2002 -- St. Clair, MI
[18 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 191 [185 cm/87 kg]
Those USHL numbers don't equate to a player than could hack it at the OHL level. Perhaps the reason there wasn't much interest after camp

Reactions: Snippit and zman77

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
You could put Stranges on a line with Gretzky and Lemieux in their prime... means nothing when he has trouble hitting the net. That aspect of the game has nothing to do with linemates or powerplay time.

If he spent as much time working on the basics as he does the razzle dazzle things might be different. I watch him in warm ups and he seems to prefer to spend his time spinning a puck on edge in the air with his stick than participate in the drills.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
My personal knock on Stranges is his lack of tennacity in puck pursuit/posession. Once he loses posession, he has this tendancy to give up on the play, and makes minimal effort toward getting it back. He has the skating ability to become a real pain to play against, if he'd just develop that level of tennacity. Once he has posession, he does have a level of creativity and a better-than-average passing ability. He can snipe, given time and space, and his backhand is a skill that many players at this level, haven't developed comparably.

His unorthodox skating style is something that does set him apart, but he tends to be too reliant on it. I suspect that it also makes him highly seceptable to a knee-on-knee injury, and should that occur, he might lose his effectiveness. It might be advantageous for him to work on his straight ahead style and initial strides.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Does anyone else not like the fact that Kane is getting his number retired? One season, no championship.

In my opinion, the only player who played one season here that should get his number retired is Matthew Tkachuk, the team won the OHL and Memorial Cup with him helping out the team. Also the GWG in the Memorial Cup final

Maruk, Simpson, Allison and Taylor should have banners before Kane. Unfortunately it seems like the Hunters only want to acknowledge players from their era, minus a few exceptions recently (Nash)

Now if Kane was with London for another season then yes I would be onboard with his number being retired. Players win games which Kane 100% contributed to, but teams win championships

I look forward to opinions from both sides, discuss

Last edited:
Does anyone else not like the fact that Kane is getting his number retired? One season, no championship.

In my opinion, the only player who played one season here that should get his number retired is Matthew Tkachuk, the team won the OHL and Memorial Cup with him helping out the team. Also the GWG in the Memorial Cup final

Maruk, Simpson, Allison and Taylor should have banners before Kane. Unfortunately it seems like the Hunters only want to acknowledge players from their era, minus a few exceptions recently (Nash)

Now if Kane was with London for another season then yes I would be onboard with his number being retired. Players win games which Kane 100% contributed to, but teams win championships

My opinion on this subject has been discussed ad nauseam. Let's just leave it at NO..I don't believe Kane's number should be retired

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS

Personally,I wish there was a Separate board for Former players.
My Only interest is in current or Future Knights.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

I think he'd be better suited on the Knights wall of fame. Banners in the rafters should be reserved for the VERY select few. Kane was elite maybe even extraordinary but not in that select group IMO.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad