London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
NHL superstar Patrick Kane opens up as London Knights prepare to retire his jersey

ldn20070831mh-knights5.jpg

Heard this morning on NHL Network on Sirius that the San Jose Sharks are going to introduce personalized player goal songs for each roster player when they score a goal. Sliding away from the customary generic team goal song and going to a Player's Choice individual goal song for each goal scored. I think it could work and would add a lot to the fan experience. Kind of a play on the "walk up songs" MLB uses

Thoughts if the Knights were to adopt this?

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I really never viewed stranges as a first rounder. Truth the kid would only report to London and maybe the thought of that like wow this kid must he special. Honestly besides his fancy skating, kid has no grit, no 200 foot game. I'd prefer perreaullt in sarnia, perfetti or jean luc foudy.

Any forward who doesn't play a 200ft game isn't playing in the NHL anytime soon.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Heard this morning on NHL Network on Sirius that the San Jose Sharks are going to introduce personalized player goal songs for each roster player when they score a goal. Sliding away from the customary generic team goal song and going to a Player's Choice individual goal song for each goal scored. I think it could work and would add a lot to the fan experience. Kind of a play on the "walk up songs" MLB uses

I really like the song and the goofy dancing that comes with it right now even though its not uniquely Londons.
That said individual songs would be a fun twist. I liked a few years ago when they had unique videos for each players.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Have to admit I'm a sucker for the current "song and dance". Plus kids today actually like country music, and I don't (with the exception of Johnny Cash). I couldn't bear to hear country songs all game.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Have to admit I'm a sucker for the current "song and dance". Plus kids today actually like country music, and I don't (with the exception of Johnny Cash). I couldn't bear to hear country songs all game.

I didn't consider the country thing that is a good point I m with Nelli keep the song and dance.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Heard this morning on NHL Network on Sirius that the San Jose Sharks are going to introduce personalized player goal songs for each roster player when they score a goal.

What about scrums in front of the net or tip ins? Not all goals are clean and obvious who scored, how does whoever cues the music going to deal with that? Having a delay for the goal song kinda takes the air out of it.

Reactions: Otto and sbpointer
What about scrums in front of the net or tip ins? Not all goals are clean and obvious who scored, how does whoever cues the music going to deal with that? Having a delay for the goal song kinda takes the air out of it.
Woulda kinda add some humour to it. The cued up song would be whoever the play by play guy says scored....or in that type of scenario..just cue up the current goal song

Reactions: TheCoach

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I’ve been hearing more ‘country’ at wolves’ games too! Apparently not a fan, it takes away a significant amount of my overall enjoyment.

Reactions: nelli27

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Well it’s the first time I’ve seen the Evangelista and Stranges line out in the second period. Looks like they are the so called “4th line” tonight. Only seen them out for 2-3 shifts in the second.

Reactions: zman77

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
If I can chime in (a bit late) to the Stranges commentary...I’m glad the scouts woke up and he’s fallen in the rankings (yes they can be way off at times), but here is the thing: his game will NOT translate!!!! Watch him for a full game. I haven’t seen somebody avoid contact this much, maybe ever. You think that will fly in the NHL? Come on. He also quits on plays more often than Jason Spezza did in the OHL. Yes #40 has some good wheels (hasn’t figured out to put away his in/out ‘move’)...yes he has a very good shot. But if you know any NHL scouts who don’t highly value compete level and physicality, and I’ll show you a team who is in for a disappointment.
It’s not personal, I don’t know the kid. And it’s not about harping on him just for the sake of doing it. It’s frustrating as a fan and former player watching a kid with the talent, but something that is controllable, not changing. You can’t tell a kid “hey be a great skater with a heavy shot”. But compete level....cooooome ooooooonnnnnn.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Let's wait on Myskiw judgement until we hear what it actually is... if it's weed or PED's those are two very different violations. With it only being 8 games, I'm assuming it's something minor that they have no tolerance for.

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad