London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
While Kane put up extraordinary numbers in his single season as a Knight, I don't feel it warrants his number retired and raising a banner. That should be reserved for players that perform on and off the ice as a role model.

I think he'd be better suited on the Knights wall of fame. Banners in the rafters should be reserved for the VERY select few. Kane was elite maybe even extraordinary but not in that select group IMO.
A Championship shouldn't define a career with a team or organization, it's more a culmination of achievements while wearing that team's jersey. Many players have been inducted into the Hall of Fame and not hoisted a Stanley Cup..also other Knights numbers have been retired and those players didn't win a Championship. The main reason Kane shouldn't have his number retired(among others) is very simple. One season doesn't make a career. He was here for what equated to a blink of an eye and leaves nothing of memory aside from a padded stat season.

Reactions: rukh and TheCoach

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Devils advocate here.... what role (if any) has Kane played in getting players to report from the USNDTP? Maybe his one season, combined with his NHL accomplishments, combined with his post-OHL work to improve the Knights makes him worthy?

Personally I don't care one way or another... not my team.... the Hunters can do whatever they want as long as they own it.

Devils advocate here.... what role (if any) has Kane played in getting players to report from the USNDTP? Maybe his one season, combined with his NHL accomplishments, combined with his post-OHL work to improve the Knights makes him worthy?

Personally I don't care one way or another... not my team.... the Hunters can do whatever they want as long as they own it.
very true...his jump to the OHL could have opened the eyes of other US born players who never eyed the CHL as an avenue to the NHL. Yes he was a bit of a pioneer when he came as not many had been successful in the CHL prior. That said many players built the foundation of the London Knights franchise well before the Hunter's bought the team. I'd like to see some of them honored before a one season wonder.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
My opinion on this subject has been discussed ad nauseam. Let's just leave it at NO..I don't believe Kane's number should be retired

I agree, I dont know the Hunters logic on retiring numbers but you cant just pick players out of the air after only 1 year. Myself I think that the only numbers that the Knights club should have retired are #8 Ciccarelli, #9 Sittler, #10 Dennis Maruk #19 Shanahan, # 94 Correy Perry but Perry shouldnt be there until he is retired at least. The others are so so if you ask me

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Hey everyone,

I’m scrounging around to look for a ticket to the game on Friday. Anyone have a ticket they would be willing to sell??

Advantage is I’ll buy your ticket and buy you a beer on me if you’re also attending the game! Let me know

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Hey everyone,

I’m scrounging around to look for a ticket to the game on Friday. Anyone have a ticket they would be willing to sell??

Advantage is I’ll buy your ticket and buy you a beer on me if you’re also attending the game! Let me know

You can PM
I usually give my tic away if not using but Ill take a beer at a game just for PP31 ;)

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
I agree, I dont know the Hunters logic on retiring numbers but you cant just pick players out of the air after only 1 year. Myself I think that the only numbers that the Knights club should have retired are #8 Ciccarelli, #9 Sittler, #10 Dennis Maruk #19 Shanahan, # 94 Correy Perry but Perry shouldnt be there until he is retired at least. The others are so so if you ask me
I never understood why Dave Bollands number was retired. I had him average at best from what I remember.

I never understood why Dave Bollands number was retired. I had him average at best from what I remember.
Over a PPG player in his OHL career with 130 pts his last season with the Knights(215 pts over his last 2 seasons)...won a Memorial Cup....I wish every "average at best" Knights alumni had those numbers. I understand Bolland well before Nash and Kane

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I think it appears that the success of the player at the NHL level has some impact in all of this? When IMO it should strictly be about their Knights career? Bolland is a bit of an odd one but he won a cup or two in Chicago I think? Same for Kane his NHL resume is quite spectacular but his 1 season is not enough for me if I was deciding who goes to the rafters? Otto said it best though the Hunters own the team and as such it’s their decision. All the retiring of numbers has become a bit over the top anyway.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018

rukh

Jan 9, 2009
London, Ontario
Reactions: nelli27

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The 1st round streak will unfortunately end this year in my opinion. Evangelista has been fantastic for what its worth, but I dont think scouts notice him as a 1st rounder and Stranges hasnt developed enough to be a 1st rounder.

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Does anyone really believe this guy has any better idea of how to rate a junior player than anyone on this board?
He’s the Director of Scouting for TSN, come on? Always kind of thought Button is a bit of a Dufous really but what the heck he’s got a cushy position! He just seems to say something during game coverage like “watch this kid boy can he scrap” and the the kid gets the tar beat out of him. “This kids a scoring machine” and then the game ends up 12-11 and the kid has no points and misses on 4 breakaways? Maybe it’s just me.......:huh:

Stopper

Oct 22, 2019
I really never viewed stranges as a first rounder. Truth the kid would only report to London and maybe the thought of that like wow this kid must he special. Honestly besides his fancy skating, kid has no grit, no 200 foot game. I'd prefer perreaullt in sarnia, perfetti or jean luc foudy.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
EOW3q0hWoAA4W-z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad