London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I think we could see Gruden as the only Knights player on the roster. Looking through the projected rosters his name is the only one that I've seen

Being selfish...but I kinda hope the projections are correct and we keep Regula and Skinner for the next month

I think Gruden will be in tough for a spot as well and I think you’re correct Regula and Skinner will most likely stay behind. When you consider it will be the best 20 players from the US I don’t think Regula makes it although he has really come into his own in London the last couple of seasons. No shame, competition is tough for these teams and means little to who will make the NHL. So many “stars” have played on Team Canada over the years but that’s their career peak.

fuzzed

Dec 11, 2017
I did receive a message from him that he is all good just taking a bit of a break from posting at this point. Thankfully all good though!!
I remember the last time he took a break... February of 2016 if memory serves... Good things happened...

Reactions: zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Named to preliminary roster. Need to still make the final roster

Unfortunately based on the roster that USA put out today it’s very likely both Regula and a Gruden will make the respective team. Both will be bottom pair guys, but both make the team unless there are players in the pros that push out there roster spot

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Keane has been inconsistent with his over-all play. Sometimes the 'simple play' is best.
Knights have the 'young guys ready to go.
Keane, Winslow, Montgomery and Roger will all get a chance to show their stuff.
Logan Mailloux is #3 in scoring for D-Men in the GOJHL. Hope to see him.
1 Wells, RyanCALD2815274216211033
2 McKibbin, KadeLEAD298313942319012
3 Mailloux, LoganLOND28Gms6G30A36Pts58PIMs17032
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I believe it would have something to do with a guarantee of minutes/games for Keane’s NHL draft year so that he would report to London. watching Mailloux at the Nationals games has everyone in the building wondering why he’s not in the OHL

Avery Winslow would most likely fall into that category with Keane as well

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Will London upgrade their OA’s? And if so how many Upgrades 1,2? And who would they target?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I believe it would have something to do with a guarantee of minutes/games for Keane’s NHL draft year so that he would report to London. watching Mailloux at the Nationals games has everyone in the building wondering why he’s not in the OHL

Avery Winslow would most likely fall into that category with Keane as well
I think you're right. A retired scout from the Knights told me that Simpson, more so than any previous GM, is inclined to make promises/guarantees to players in order to get them to report. That might include playing in 'x' number of games, etc...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
How about Meireles, Yantsis and picks as long as Stranges is coming back
Our board is sort of divided on Stranges with a couple of posters wanting him shipped out of town while others are hoping that he'll learn the defensive game while continuing to put up numbers. I don't want to debate the point, but I'm in the latter camp so I don't want to upgrade the roster at the expense of losing Stranges. I think we have enough assets that we don't have to. Others will disagree.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Will London upgrade their OA’s? And if so how many Upgrades 1,2? And who would they target?

The most cost effective thing to do would definitely be to target 2 OA's for Tymkin/Nelson, and ideally a couple of Kitchener players, but the Rangers are getting hot. Maybe they decide to stand pat/make a run.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Kitchener is a weird situation since last year. last deadline, everyone wanted them to sell. they stood pat. the 99s became dominant and everyone wanted them to go all in this year. they started that process in acquiring Liam Hawel and Jacob Ingham, but now lack the 2nds required to go all the way in. they started the season cold and now everyone wants them to blow it up. they’re hot now, everyone seems to be on the sell side but all lack confidence that GM Mike McKenzie will feel that way too.

I think they should sell. it feels like it’s been forever since they’ve actually gone through and sold off more than 1 guy. replenish their draft cupboard and go all in for it in a couple of years

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Our board is sort of divided on Stranges with a couple of posters wanting him shipped out of town while others are hoping that he'll learn the defensive game while continuing to put up numbers. I don't want to debate the point, but I'm in the latter camp so I don't want to upgrade the roster at the expense of losing Stranges. I think we have enough assets that we don't have to. Others will disagree.
If we were to trade him I would want back someone that will be here next season as well? Roster gets pretty thin next year for scorers and Stranges can score so we surely need something for next year? I agree we have lots of pieces to upgrade significantly this year without having to move him.

rukh

Jan 9, 2009
London, Ontario
I'd be shocked if they moved Stranges. I think the upside is far too great, and the time invested to date would make that a very puzzling move. I'm expecting a big second half for him in the lead up to the NHL Draft.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I’ve been a Storm , Ranger STH for 30 plus years. I hope the hell the Rangers sell, sell this year. Empty the bare cupboard and then what for a few years. I’ve been asked a couple times in the last couple days why London is so successful, my reply great drafting, well coached and kids want to go there.

Dude.....do you have a kid that plays? I can tell you from experience that NO kids want to be drafted to London. Having said that ALL kids want to get traded to London in year 2 or 3. I agree with the Coaching and the competitiveness of the teams but it sure isn't from drafting.

Reactions: LDN

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Dude.....do you have a kid that plays? I can tell you from experience that NO kids want to be drafted to London. Having said that ALL kids want to get traded to London in year 2 or 3. I agree with the Coaching and the competitiveness of the teams but it sure isn't from drafting.
Mr. Rowe? is that you??

16 players on the current roster were drafted by the Knights.. only 3 were acquired by trade, and one of those was Myskiw, who was technically a free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad