London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I remember watching my first game in the 70's watching Dennis Ververgaert play a Grimsby Boy and a hell of a Knight.
Edit-parity

GO PEACH KINGS!

I've spent a lot of time in that rink over the years. I had a buddy in high school play for them , then my cousin played there 10 years later. Still have a lot of family there.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
GO PEACH KINGS!

I've spent a lot of time in that rink over the years. I had a buddy in high school play for them , then my cousin played there 10 years later. Still have a lot of family there.
Otto, born and raised in the old Matchbox (aka) arena. The corners felt like 90 degrees, played 5 years 81-85 Grimsby was Junior B back then.
We must have some mutual friends, small world and a smaller town. All the best!!

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Otto, born and raised in the old Matchbox (aka) arena. The corners felt like 90%, played 5 years 81-85 Grimsby was Junior B back then.
We must have some mutual friends, small world and a smaller town. All the best!!

I definitely saw you play... my buddy was Cam Simmons.. my cousin is Dean Scobie

Reactions: Finster8 and zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
No chance we win tonight if all the shots come outside the face off circle. We just don’t have the skill from our players to beat defenseman to get in close. We’re relying too much on Liam Foudy and McMichael and their speed to get us quality chances, and relying too much on our PP.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Erase that game from memory and move on QUICK.
Without Regula and Gruden this could be an ugly run of games. But these are always some of my favorites of the year. Get to see the depth actually get chances and who steps up and who doesn't.
Tonight was not good.

Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Erase that game from memory and move on QUICK.
Without Regula and Gruden this could be an ugly run of games. But these are always some of my favorites of the year. Get to see the depth actually get chances and who steps up and who doesn't.
Tonight was not good.
Was hoping we would stay “red hot” until the boys leave for the WJC. In reality though we have had a solid start (perhaps even overachieved) to the season and banked some valuable points. Traditionally we do ok during the WJC hopefully we continue this past trend. Should be interesting to see what the team looks like in the New Year as Mark and Dale have a front seat on some potential upgrades. I think we may see some additions / subtractions announced immediately following the WJC.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I remember the last time he took a break... February of 2016 if memory serves... Good things happened...
I miss his posts, I appreciate he has different views at times then the “main stream” but he’s a Hockey guy. And he likes to post what’s on his mind regardless of what others think? No personal attacks although often attacked himself. Hope his self imposed sabbatical has a time frame and it’s close to expiring!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
So 11,052 bears were tossed in Kitchener. London less than 9000. That’s embarrassing.
LKR it’s about giving. Think about it 9000 kids in London will have a smile on their face that may not have had one this Xmas. I get your thought but it’s not really a competition? Congrats and Thank You to the folks that opened their heart and wallet. Focus on the upside I know you know that but those people should feel good about their actions. Not be ticked at the people that don’t give? IMO anyway?

Thanks for posting a good image of the back of our current jersey. The Armoury is selling replicas with black around the numbers (3 colour twill) which I knew was not correct.

ELCuQQ-WwBk5bLc
Here is what the Armoury is selling. Kind of embarrassing that they don't know what the team's jerseys look like

79968269_10162505574615702_117150425613860864_o.jpg

Reactions: jamemcca and zman77

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
LKR it’s about giving. Think about it 9000 kids in London will have a smile on their face that may not have had one this Xmas. I get your thought but it’s not really a competition? Congrats and Thank You to the folks that opened their heart and wallet. Focus on the upside I know you know that but those people should feel good about their actions. Not be ticked at the people that don’t give? IMO anyway?
Like 10000000x's

Reactions: BogeyJ and zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad