London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
If we were to trade him I would want back someone that will be here next season as well? Roster gets pretty thin next year for scorers and Stranges can score so we surely need something for next year? I agree we have lots of pieces to upgrade significantly this year without having to move him.

Buttsy, you've been around enough hockey to know the Knights will keep him in London.
You know as well as anyone that trading a 17 year old who's averaging 1.0/pts game,
is someone you don't trade for a player who may or may not fit in.
He's been playing on the 3rd-4th line and no Power Play.
There are other options for Mark and company.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Antonio Stranges: Closer look @ his Stats
Points: 14 Goals + 10 Assists = 24 Points = 0.92 pts/per game as a 17 year old on the 4th line.
Shots on Goal: 80 Shots-2nd on the Knights only to Connor McMichael @ 122 Shots.
Game Winning Goals: 2 GWG is tied with Foudy & Evangelista. McMichael has 3.
Goals: 13 Goals on Even Strength. McMichael has more ES Goals @ 16 Goals.
He's been playing 4th Line Minutes. No PP. No Over Time.
Why would anyone trade Stranges?
He'll improve defensively.
A star in the making.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Pyette‏Verified account @RyanatLFPress 1h1 hour ago
Lines at Canada world junior camp morning practice:

Byfield-Cozens-Foote,
McMichael-Thomas-Mercer,
Holloway-Groulx-Newhook,
Krebs-Zary-Lavoie,
Dellandrea-Foudy-Perfetti.
Lafreniere not skating.
7:31 AM - 10 Dec 2019

Reactions: STS and LDN

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Mr. Rowe? is that you??

16 players on the current roster were drafted by the Knights.. only 3 were acquired by trade, and one of those was Myskiw, who was technically a free agent

LOL....no it's Mrs. Rowe.....LOL

My point remains.....I promise you NO kid wants to go there as a rookie. History of not playing them at all. Rowe, Evangalista and Roloffs in last three years. It broke Rowe.....luckily it didn't break Evangalista and the kid is having a solid year. There is no chance that it is good for a first round drafted kid to sit 90% of the time......they feel like outsiders.....dress them, play them a bit, let them feel like they are part of the team.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
By the way, Roloffs is 6'2 and 190 pounds so its not like the physical side is holding him back. Im pretty sure someone posted that he won a fastest skater contest on the Team (??). Scored a goal a game in Midget last year in Ottawa and close to 2 points a game. Yet he has dressed in 7 games and was a healthy scratch in 20 games.

Please don't give me the BS about practicing with the big boys will make him better. Of course it will....but so will dressing and playing 4th line minutes against opposing teams.

London know how to win. London know how to produce hockey players. But in my humble opinion, I would not let my son anywhere near that organization as a rookie. Not a chance.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
LOL....no it's Mrs. Rowe.....LOL

My point remains.....I promise you NO kid wants to go there as a rookie. History of not playing them at all. Rowe, Evangalista and Roloffs in last three years. It broke Rowe.....luckily it didn't break Evangalista and the kid is having a solid year. There is no chance that it is good for a first round drafted kid to sit 90% of the time......they feel like outsiders.....dress them, play them a bit, let them feel like they are part of the team.

Who was the last kid to not report to London after being drafted??

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
By the way, Roloffs is 6'2 and 190 pounds so its not like the physical side is holding him back. Im pretty sure someone posted that he won a fastest skater contest on the Team (??). Scored a goal a game in Midget last year in Ottawa and close to 2 points a game. Yet he has dressed in 7 games and was a healthy scratch in 20 games.

Please don't give me the BS about practicing with the big boys will make him better. Of course it will....but so will dressing and playing 4th line minutes against opposing teams.

London know how to win. London know how to produce hockey players. But in my humble opinion, I would not let my son anywhere near that organization as a rookie. Not a chance.

Here we go again.... playing time should not be HANDED to anyone. Evangelista got passed on the depth chart by players who were performing. This isn't Red Circle. The whistle doesn't blow after a minute and everyone changes. Rowe was bad, and had off ice issues.

Trust me.. I wouldn't want your son playing here either.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

Saggy I have no issue with your POV perhaps I don’t agree with it but your entitled to it. Only thing I ask (not necessarily specific to you) but can we agree then that all the BS about London manipulating the draft by having kids say not to draft them because they are going the NCAA route can’t possibly be true because as you point out No Rookie wants to come here? Haters of the Knights (again not necessarily specific to you) can’t have it both ways?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

This topic has been raised and discussed ad nauseum. It's true that Hunter demands patience from his first round picks (with certain exceptions) but that patience is typically rewarded. Bouchard, Tierney, Evangelista, and the list goes on did not receive the ice time usually allotted to rookies and it didn't hinder their development. Rowe was simply a terrible first round pick...that one is on the scouting staff. He hasn't put numbers up in Flint or Kingston either.
As for development, no organization produces more NHL players than London, and several of those players have been first round NHL picks.

Thanks for posting a good image of the back of our current jersey. The Armoury is selling replicas with black around the numbers (3 colour twill) which I knew was not correct.

ELCuQQ-WwBk5bLc

Reactions: zman77

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

He won yah but Foudy also bumped the wall and finished .2 behind him i believe.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Dude.....do you have a kid that plays? I can tell you from experience that NO kids want to be drafted to London. Having said that ALL kids want to get traded to London in year 2 or 3. I agree with the Coaching and the competitiveness of the teams but it sure isn't from drafting.

According to the minor midget players I've worked with over the last 5 years I can %100 say your post is false as far as NO players want to be drafted by London
Based on players, parents and advisors feedback. Some kids want to be drafted by London, some don't and some don't care.

Reactions: nelli27

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
This season their is a whole lot of parity in the Western Conference. With London, Flint, Saginaw and OS figuring in on some key trades. Windsor IMO should go for it as well Kitchener. Guelph has a good team and the best goalie in the league up to this point. They need to trade and get assets back just like this year's teams that will deplete their cupboards in an effort to get to the top.
London has some good prospects and plenty of picks to pickup elite talent. Hunter will have a chance to see while coaching guys like Thomas play along side McMichael etc. Don't get me wrong IAM not a London hater. You have a top notched organization, I remember watching my first game in the 70's watching Dennis Ververgaert play a Grimsby Boy and a hell of a Knight.
Edit-parity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->