London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Couldn’t agree more! Whatever it takes to get Thomas Harley and have him run the PP, and Mark should be able to get Serron Noel for a little less than top value. Example: player who Oshawa needs next year, plus picks.
I like Harley and think he’d be a good fit. We need more secondary scoring - either that gets solved in-house or we pick up another bonafide sniper.

Couldn’t agree more! Whatever it takes to get Thomas Harley and have him run the PP, and Mark should be able to get Serron Noel for a little less than top value. Example: player who Oshawa needs next year, plus picks.
We could have the inside track on the OHL kids available. Dale will be with them for the next month. If there was ever a time to actually manipulate a player into coming to London...now's the time

Reactions: TheCoach

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
We could have the inside track on the OHL kids available. Dale will be with them for the next month. If there was ever a time to actually manipulate a player into coming to London...now's the time

Always building bridges is how any OHL staff should approach these type opportunities ;)
If it doesn't pay off directly, it helps down the road

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I agree Dale and Mark will have a chance to take a "test drive" before they buy lol

Reactions: LDN

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
For the most part...yes...the true hockey fan does care. It's the fact London has so many stuffed shirts and corporate seats that you just get many who either can't read their ticket, TEDDY BEAR TOSS was emblazoned on the front, or they just don't care. I arrived at 7:25 for the game....the donation box at the front gate for the food drive was empty. I asked the usher..."oh...musta got lots and had to bring in an empty". Her reply..."nope..thats the same one from the start of the gates opening at 6:30". I kid you not...there were 4 canned goods in it when I put my bag of 12 cans in. People in general just don't give a sh!t

I find this comment stupid. Nobody's hockey fandom is determined by if they bring a bear or not.. you said you used to bring 240 bears.. now that you only bring 5 does that make you less of a fan?

Seriously.. not everyone has a taxpayer funded union job. You don't have any idea what people's situations are. If I had brought my 4 year old grandson last night it would have been a challenge to bring even 1 bear because the kid is a handful .. he's a fantastic kid... but he's got more energy than I can handle. There is a family that has sat in front of us every season at the Bud, last night the only one I recognized was the old man, must be in his 90's, walks with a cane, definite mobility issues, must have been his daughter with him, I have never seen her before.. no bears.. and there is zero issue with that because she needed to attend to him.

I've been known to give my tickets away randomly .. what if I was at the LRCC yesterday and gave my tickets to someone? No way would I expect them to rush out and buy a bear.. they have bigger things to worry about, like how are they going to pay for parking.

Bottom line, you may be better off than a lot of people... but you are better than no one. Neither am I.

I've never brought a Teady bear to a Teady bear toss game. I find that there are better and more rewarding ways to invest both my time and money.

I do volunteer my time at hospitals, roughly 1000 or so hours a year either with fundraising or generally helping those who are in a tough time, be it children, families, etc.

I also donate four figures to local children's charities.

But I don't bring a bear to a game, are my past actions disqualified and I'm now awful.....?

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I've never brought a Teady bear to a Teady bear toss game. I find that there are better and more rewarding ways to invest both my time and money.

I do volunteer my time at hospitals, roughly 1000 or so hours a year either with fundraising or generally helping those who are in a tough time, be it children, families, etc.

But I don't bring a bear to a game, are my past actions disqualified and I'm now awful.....?

Guess you are not allowed to attend the games anymore

K9Kobe

Nov 16, 2019
Near London, Ont.

This is a good post. IF I was able to attend a LK TBT game, I’d probably bring a bear or two, but that’s MY choice. The TBT is an event...not an obligation. Nobody should be made to feel somehow inferior because they don’t participate, whatever the reason. Nor should they be asked to justify why they don’t.

I commend the OHL and Jr hockey as a whole for sponsoring these charitable events. And commend all of you who choose to get involved. Its a fun event(been to a few Jr B TBT games). At the same time, I commend those who choose to give in other ways, as well as those who don’t have the means past just enjoying a free ticket to a game.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Now I'm pissed off because I wasn't going to get caught up in the garbage of this board.... sorry everyone.. I have an issue with people on their high horses.

I’m not sure if you are referring to the London Board or the Board in its entirety? I have been around for a few years now and I’ve actually thought on the London Board it’s been pretty civil and for the most part a well behaved group over the past 6-9 months or so? Some good discussion and mostly respectful conversation with most appreciating others are entitled to their opinion. A few “fresh” posters to with a lot of knowledge of hockey and can string a few words together, granted with Spell Check but hey whatever works! LOL.....:laugh:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Im not high on this squad as of now. But they are hanging around.

Having said that, not much in the West overly impresses me either.

Couple key acquisitions and they have as good a shot as any1 in the West.

Odd year.
Yup, yup and yup..... I really didn’t like the roster early, then when they got hot the past 4-6 weeks thought well guess I’m wrong? But just not sure what to really think other then as you say trade here, trade there and we could find ourselves in the OHL final? Or out in the first round.......:huh::huh:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Yup, yup and yup..... I really didn’t like the roster early, then when they got hot the past 4-6 weeks thought well guess I’m wrong? But just not sure what to really think other then as you say trade here, trade there and we could find ourselves in the OHL final? Or out in the first round.......:huh::huh:
Should've went all in last year ....... oops

That's because they collect Teddy Bears...not Teady Bears ;)

I already commented that perhaps I chose the wrong wording. The Teddy Bear toss is something I am very passionate about and it just rubs me wrong when people choose not to participate for whatever reason.

Doesn't mean that I feel I'm better than anyone..just means I wish one time I could see everyone chip in.

Either way...I'm done with the topic here. If anyone wishes they can visit me at an upcoming game to discuss it.

Last edited:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Regarding Tymkin and his performance this season: If you look back at his body of work, he initially got his spot on the roster as a throwback enforcer type. A player who stuck up for teamates, and a willingness to drop the mitts when needed...and at times when it wasn't really needed. He established a reputation as a player not to be messed with, and the coaching staff recognized this.

He was then tasked with cutting down on the needless penalties, and his role was re-defined as being the guy in front
of the net during power plays, to screen the goaltender, take the abuse without retalliation, and pot a few garbage type goals. He did that with some measure of success, and he began contributing goals. This season, his role was assigned to Regula, who became the player in fromt of the net, during power plays, and Tymkin's purpose did not appear to be clearly defined, so he plays as such...with NO defined role.

It's the coaching staff's responsibility to get the most out of the players they have. A good staff does so by giving assignments that play to any given players' strengths. Tymkin has proven to be a player who will take direction, will adapt to what is asked of him, and will be responsible for shaving back penalty minutes when so directed.

Players just don't regress on their own, They do so when allowed to, without correction or direction.

Anyone is free to disagree,

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

For that night, yes...you were awful lol. Look, here is the truth...just like you can have your opinion about the teddy bear toss and your desire not to participate, I can have my opinion about it. And if you think that the other 9,000 people at the game are thinking “wow, he doesn’t have a bear to throw, he must do lots of charity work”....nope. It’s likely more something like...smh.
It’s an event that’s fun and for a good cause. I’d have a lot more respect for somebody empty handed if you said you forgot or didn’t have time to get one etc. I’d still think you’re absent minded but I’d respect it more than the stance you’re taking of “I don’t have to bring a beer because I do so much other stuff.” Seems to me that reeks of the high horse syndrome.
But whatever, we won’t get anywhere debating this...it’s a free country and our freedoms allow for choices like those, so good for you. And I’m still allowed to be disappointed with the level of participation...and why you’d want to ‘out’ yourself as a non-participater is beyond me.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Be a fan bring a can this week. Just picked up a bunch of stuff at the grocery store, should I post pictures to see if it meets quality control?
You've already passed quality control by stating your participation

side note: It's been Be a Fan Bring a Can for the past few home games ;)

makes me smile knowing I've given someone a chance to have a warm meal..also makes me smile that my teddy bears will make a child less fortunate smile this Christmas

If wanting to see people happy this time of year makes me higher than anyone else...put me at the summit. I'll wear that badge with honor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad