London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
How I'd start trade talks

To: Mississauga
Keane & Rolofs and 3 2nds 3 3rds

To: London
Harley
------------------------------------------
To: Hamilton
Guskov+Stranges 3 2nds 3 3rds

Kaliyev+Jenik

At that price for those players there should be some consideration included should Harley and/or Kaliyev not return next year. Multiple high picks back to London in the event they don’t come back to the league.

Reactions: TheCoach

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Harley

Kaliyev+Jenik

Knightsfan90 and where do we get 6 2nds and 6 3rds - plus 4 roster players - wow

London currently has six second round picks and six third round picks in the cupboard available for trade. Also, even though you’re trading away in these deals four roster players, you’re bringing in three roster players.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

Harley

Kaliyev+Jenik

Knightsfan90 and where do we get 6 2nds and 6 3rds - plus 4 roster players - wow

Wow! As much as I like imagination, I don’t want to encourage it to this extent cuz that’s just crazy!

One thing everyone has to know is that we are competing for the right to acquire a player, so teams may offer way more than what has been proposed by these particular offers and I can tell you, that 10/10 times we’ll be outbid by the likes of Oshawa, Ottawa or Windsor. The REALITY IS, we are probably only gonna get one of either Arthur Kaliyev or Thomas Harley if they are even on the market or on Marks radar. 3 second round picks and 1 or 2 conditional second round picks are the starting price for either player.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
As I understand , when Mark comes in the dressing room, the paint starts peeling!!! WE STILL NEED A D -COACH! Talent is there, need an experienced coach.

London's best game of the season was on Sunday November 3. They played the highest rated team in Canada at the time and beat them handily on the road. So what happened that night in Oshawa that was any different than any other London Knights game this season? How did we manage to hold Oshawa to just one goal all night? That night the defense got back without exception. They took their man into the boards. They did not rush the puck too far into the offensive zone. They played a near perfect game. Why did our defense play so well that one night yet seem to play so badly on other nights. The answer? Mark Hunter coached the defense that night. Just sayin'.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
London's best game of the season was on Sunday November 3. They played the highest rated team in Canada at the time and beat them handily on the road. So what happened that night in Oshawa that was any different than any other London Knights game this season? How did we manage to hold Oshawa to just one goal all night? That night the defense got back without exception. They took their man into the boards. They did not rush the puck too far into the offensive zone. They played a near perfect game. Why did our defense play so well that one night yet seem to play so badly on other nights. The answer? Mark Hunter coached the defense that night. Just sayin'.
Steadman def coaching has gone stale hes getting almost as bad as jeff paul was coaching the D IMO wish mark would coach more honestly

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Steadman def coaching has gone stale hes getting almost as bad as jeff paul was coaching the D IMO wish mark would coach more honestly
Steadman only remains employed because he's family.

In an ideal world post Dale, Dylan as HC, Perry Assistant for F's and Syvret/Rodney Assistant for D's. If not Perry, they need someone else with substantial NHL experience.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Steadman only remains employed because he's family.

In an ideal world post Dale, Dylan as HC, Perry Assistant for F's and Syvret/Rodney Assistant for D's. If not Perry, they need someone else with substantial NHL experience.

Do Syvret/Rodney/Perry have experience coaching?
If so, was it successful and deserving of an OHL gig?
Or is it good players make good coaches the thought here?
And has Syvret given up the professional officiating gig?

I personally would love to see post Dale era have an influx of up n coming, fresh creative thinking, proven hockey coaches eager to prove themselves n move up the ladder take the asst. coaches spots. But we know the team is Dylans if he wants it as far as HC.

This recycling of ex pros/ex Knights sometimes works, sometimes not IMO but Id prefer letting go the old boys club and actually run with young up n comers.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Do Syvret/Rodney/Perry have experience coaching?
If so, was it successful and deserving of an OHL gig?
Or is it good players make good coaches the thought here?
And has Syvret given up the professional officiating gig?

I personally would love to see post Dale era have an influx of up n coming, fresh creative thinking, proven hockey coaches eager to prove themselves n move up the ladder take the asst. coaches spots. But we know the team is Dylans if he wants it as far as HC.

This recycling of ex pros/ex Knights sometimes works, sometimes not IMO but Id prefer letting go the old boys club and actually run with young up n comers.
Corey Syvret is the official not Danny

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Corey Syvret is the official not Danny

TY :) I shoulda known better lol. Too hasty. (I spent a year with a team with a former asst coach/former pro scout who was in Guelph after the Syvret trade from London) He did have some interesting insight on Corey for sure. My bad on the mix up.

I am still interested in an answer to the rest of my post thou.

On a side note I like the OHL being more aggressive in encouraging former players to take the officiating route.

Flemington?.. Syvret.. Baker ect.....

Last edited:

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Word has it that Dale was so furious after Friday's game that he wants to, and I quote, "blow up the team". He's not impressed with the play of the veterans and doesn't think they can win with the younger guys shouldering the offensive workload.
Your OAs should be some of your top guys in order to succeed but Nelson and Tymkin aren't even close. Tymkin has regressed since last season and is taking bad penalties again while contributing absolutely nothing offensively. Nelson is Nelson...
serviceable but just not worth an OA spot.
IMHO, I think Tymkin, Nelson, Keane, Panwar, Dunkley, Guskov and even Foudy all need to be shown the door.

Word has it that Dale was so furious after Friday's game that he wants to, and I quote, "blow up the team". He's not impressed with the play of the veterans and doesn't think they can win with the younger guys shouldering the offensive workload.
Your OAs should be some of your top guys in order to succeed but Nelson and Tymkin aren't even close. Tymkin has regressed since last season and is taking bad penalties again while contributing absolutely nothing offensively. Nelson is Nelson...
serviceable but just not worth an OA spot.
IMHO, I think Tymkin, Nelson, Keane, Panwar, Dunkley, Guskov and even Foudy all need to be shown the door.
Good...I'm glad Dale was/is mad. Only problem is Friday completely falls on him. I get pissed off when something I build looks like sh!t too

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
I will say it again. We don’t have the vets to be buying. They continue to let us down. It’s a retool year

Our two OA forwards have a combined 14 points in 17 games. Not good enough. Any team with a worth while OA for upgrade isn’t in a position to trade them away.

While Myskiw has been okay. He’s also not going to be the goalie to lead the team to the promise land imo.

The market has set itself

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I will say it again. We don’t have the vets to be buying. They continue to let us down. It’s a retool year

Our two OA forwards have a combined 14 points in 17 games. Not good enough. Any team with a worth while OA for upgrade isn’t in a position to trade them away.

While Myskiw has been okay. He’s also not going to be the goalie to lead the team to the promise land imo.

The market has set itself

I also find it hard to believe a waiver wire goalie will be the guy...it's hard to see many available goalie options though, so let's see what Myskiw can do.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Todays game will be telling if Dale was furious friday hopefully it lights a fire under a few but I wont hold my breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad