London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I will say it again. We don’t have the vets to be buying. They continue to let us down. It’s a retool year

Our two OA forwards have a combined 14 points in 17 games. Not good enough. Any team with a worth while OA for upgrade isn’t in a position to trade them away.

While Myskiw has been okay. He’s also not going to be the goalie to lead the team to the promise land imo.

The market has set itself

Maybe the problem is that Tymkin and Nelson have been given too much ice time for what they bring to the table. Dale does tend to favour his vets, but that favouritism needs to be warranted.

I still say the addition of a Kaliyev and a stay-at-home D (not Harley) would make this team tough to beat!

Reactions: KnightsWatch

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Maybe the problem is that Tymkin and Nelson have been given too much ice time for what they bring to the table. Dale does tend to favour his vets, but that favouritism needs to be warranted.

I still say the addition of a Kaliyev and a stay-at-home D (not Harley) would make this team tough to beat!

Good strong Dman who may be cheaper then most Tyler Tucker

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

Still need your OA to produce. Ice time is a hole different discussion.
Leaders need to be just that

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Still need your OA to produce. Ice time is a hole different discussion.
Leaders need to be just that

The Knights need to trade Tymkin and Nelson for a GOOD OA forward and a GOOD OA Defenceman and still need another good Forward and Defenceman and im not very positive that they have enough to trade to get what they need right now. I was at that game on Friday and it was HORRIBLE!!! Here is hoping that im wrong but when McMichael is in on over 40% of the goals there is a definite issue.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Weird game for sure. No one individual stood out as super impressive or terrible. McCue looked good in limited mins, Evangelista continues to show his confidence increasing. Steklov will be very good eventually, Stranges looks back to normal, but I still think he has more left. Kudos to Kitchener they played hard and forecheck hard. Very good skating team.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I noticed stranges was skating more north/south today. He needs to keep it up because when he does he is hard to hit. It was nice see him switch it up atleast
The defence keeps getting caught to one side in the defensive zone

Be interesting to see how this team does when everyone leaves for selection camp/WJC

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I noticed stranges was skating more north/south today. He needs to keep it up because when he does he is hard to hit. It was nice see him switch it up atleast
The defence keeps getting caught to one side in the defensive zone

Be interesting to see how this team does when everyone leaves for selection camp/WJC
he CAN be a good player....just has to prove himself.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
At the game... can't understand how/why Evangelista's goal was called back. Interference??? Really??
Agreed.
He made an awesome move to the left to beat the deman then a deke on the goalie and put it in the open side..
How is it interference when You have the puck/?
He scored 2 nice goals that did not count.The kid was one of the best LK's today.
Regula the other one .

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
And one other observation today.
If our forward strength is speed,Why the heck were we playing a 4 guys across the blue line and one guy in the middle?
We have absolutely No forecheck what so ever.
I was saying to my wife how the Rags dman move the puck up ice so easily.
Then I realized they had all the time of the day as they were not pressured.
So our speeed advantage is totally wasted IMO.
Rolofs ,McGurn and Montgomery we sitting 2 rows in front of us in their snazzy suits.If they were pissed for sitting they did not show it as they were having a good time on their phones.
Again not to be a negative nelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad