London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I’ve been following Ryan since the Sharks drafted him and have been hoping he can overcome his controversy laden Junior career.

My question is related to a couple of comments that a few Longer Term Members (Respected) have made in this thread. The comments were in regards to switching Ryan from Defense to Forward (Wing) due to his lack of size and issues in his own end against big wingers.

To the London Knights HF Members: is this something that you consider a possibility and/or maybe has been trialed at times this season?

No. He’s a defence man. Just have to insulate him properly.

Greetings,
I think the Sharks organization want Merkeley to develop as a d-man, and that Hunter will use him in that capacity. Having said that, Hunter could tinker with putting Merkeley up front short term/some shifts, but that's all. Merkeley is a dynamic offensive d-man but needs much work defending. He's high risk, high reward. Hunter thus far has only used him on D.

I suggested it somewhat “tongue in cheek” when I was seeing posts shocked that his Defensive Game was so weak (like hello that was a real shocker?). Also we are only where we are at pretty much because of McMichael so a little extra offence spread out would be nice. Realistically though he will be on the backend and you will have a far more mature Merkley once he finishes up his year in London. There is no BS on a Dale Hunter team. If you want ice time you earn it and you better be on the “team bus” or your backside will be leaving on a bus.

Thank you all for the replies. I do not have the right to speak for the Sharks Board. However, IMHO they have a fair number of knowledgeable Members and their collective opinion mirrors yours and mine (as a simple Hockey Fan). Playing for the Hunter's is going to give Ryan the best chance to get his attitude out of the way of his skill set.

Cheers.

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Went to the Nats vs Kings game yesterday to watch Logan Mailloux and Dario Beljo. I was impressed with Mailloux speed and physicality he will be a regular next year.
Dario Beljo has skill and size his big draw back is skating but that can be fixed with time.

Hopefully Mailloux steps in FT next year and approaches the level of play I was exvited to see when drafted. ( big fan of the potential)
Beljo is and has been a long shot IMO. Great kid. Loved his donation from his winnings at a "hockey skills" community event we ran as a fundraiser. Classy move by the teen. But cracking the lineup will be tough next year.

Always nice to see the up n comers thou. Its why I really the MM circuit n tournies n try n stay involved.

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's so weird to see a good Firebirds team. Just like it was weird seeing a bad Whalers team.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Has anyone seen Antonio Stranges?? I haven’t seen him since the first week of the season....

What’s the old hockey saying, if you not producing on offence, do the other little things that make a difference?? Wanna try that sometime Stranges, and stop waiting at the blue line to breakout while all your teammates are below the net trying to get the puck out....

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Picked a bad time to go to to my first game of the season.
Flint is a much better team than London. The Knights can’t hit the net with their shots, and can’t play D.
The Knights need to align their forwards and D in terms of age. I’d probably sell this year and build around the Evangelista/Stranges/Panwar group.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Picked a bad time to go to to my first game of the season.
Flint is a much better team than London. The Knights can’t hit the net with their shots, and can’t play D.
The Knights need to align their forwards and D in terms of age. I’d probably sell this year and build around the Evangelista/Stranges/Panwar group.
Has Panwar shown much? Dont remember seeing him live and his stat line is underwhelming.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
The knights could control most of the trade market if they sold imo
Skinner
Regula
McMichael
Foudy
Dunkley
Come on down to the London Knights 2019/20 Trade Sale!
Want undersized forwards - we got them!
Want defensive liabilities - we got them too!
Want NHL prospects - we'll drive them right out of town!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Come on down to the London Knights 2019/20 Trade Sale!
Want undersized forwards - we got them!
Want defensive liabilities - we got them too!
Want NHL prospects - we'll drive them right out of town!

Wow!! We win 8 games in a row and then we lose one game and everyone is losing their mind and says sell off lol! We must cheer for London.

Calm down, I’m sure it will take time to gel and we’ve even come a little farther in the last 8 games and tonight we had a lapse. I’m sure Dale will have the team reset and ready to go on Sunday.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Wow!! We win 8 games in a row and then we lose one game and everyone is losing their mind and says sell off lol! We must cheer for London.

Calm down, I’m sure it will take time to gel and we’ve even come a little farther in the last 8 games and tonight we had a lapse. I’m sure Dale will have the team reset and ready to go on Sunday.
It was just a statement purt the pitch fork away. Do I think the knights fold ? No simple just stating if the knights sold off they have alot top talent to control the market so calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad