London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably their worst game of the season.
Could London buy? Sure. Should they? I don’t think so.
Make Foudy, Merkley, Regula and all OAs available and see that’s out there.
I don't know if Dale forgot how to coach while with TC but even those teams didn't fair well with his systems. Flint was leaving the middle WIDE open all night and nobody on the bench picked up on it. They forced us to play their game. Yes Flint is a hard working team, but I won't buy that they have a better roster. London just got their asses paddled and got sent to their room. No warm milk either.

As for moving Foudy...I've been waiting 4 seasons for it to happen. Never been a fan...never will be a fan

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Picked a bad time to go to to my first game of the season.
Flint is a much better team than London. The Knights can’t hit the net with their shots, and can’t play D.
The Knights need to align their forwards and D in terms of age. I’d probably sell this year and build around the Evangelista/Stranges/Panwar group.

build around Evangelista/Stranges/Panwar? Build what, a monument to under producing? Stranges and Panwar is ship out of town ASAP for what we need to make a push for this year. This team as is, is not good enough. We need another star scorer (Kaliyev) and another solid D (Hartley) at minimum. Evangelista I keep. He looks good with McMichael and Gruden - please Dale don’t break that line up. Hey Foudy, care to start showing why you weee a highe draft pick in the NHL? Not seeing it bud. I don’t like true idea of waiting until the deadline. And no, this isn’t “panicking” because we lost one game. It’s either you’re all in or you’re not.

build around Evangelista/Stranges/Panwar? Build what, a monument to under producing? Stranges and Panwar is ship out of town ASAP for what we need to make a push for this year. This team as is, is not good enough. We need another star scorer (Kaliyev) and another solid D (Hartley) at minimum. Evangelista I keep. He looks good with McMichael and Gruden - please Dale don’t break that line up. Hey Foudy, care to start showing why you weee a highe draft pick in the NHL? Not seeing it bud. I don’t like true idea of waiting until the deadline. And no, this isn’t “panicking” because we lost one game. It’s either you’re all in or you’re not.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Stranges is a one trick pony. It took all of 2 weeks for the league to figure out he was going to try the exact same moves as last season. His game didn't digress over the summer, everyone just read the book on him from last season. I still don't see what anyone sees in Panwar's game. I'd give McCue his minutes every game in a heart beat.

We need to make moves, problem is the only thing of real value we have is Evangelista. London isn't going to snow anyone this year packaging what they have. They need to trade talent that is producing for talent that can produce more.

Bottom line, the only real assets we have are draft picks. Nothing here now or waiting in the wings makes me go "wow...we're deep in talent". Sorry to be blunt..but I just don't see anything of value to move if we're going "all in"

Reactions: Knights77

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Flint exposed the weaknesses in the Knights.
They exposed how much offence gets created in the games that McMichael doesn't score.
They exposed what happens when every dressed D thinks it OK to jump into the rush every trip down the ice.

Reactions: LDN

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
With Mark and Dale away with Team Canada , the team was obviously not prepared. With Mark and Dale gone for most of Dec.? and a bit of Jan., I hope this isn't a prelude to how our remaining coaching staff gets the team ready! 4 home games in Dec. As I understand , when Mark comes in the dressing room, the paint starts peeling!!! WE STILL NEED A D -COACH! Talent is there, need an experienced coach. As for Mr. Stranges, early in the year, it was Mr. Stranges, Mr. Guskov, and Mr. Gruden on the second line. They played well together. Especially Mr. Stranges and Mr. Gruden, they clicked and created chances!!!!!! Mr. Phanatic, I totally agree with your thoughts on Mr. Foudy, I think I stated last year, 4th Line is where he belongs.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
With Mark and Dale away with Team Canada , the team was obviously not prepared. With Mark and Dale gone for most of Dec.? and a bit of Jan., I hope this isn't a prelude to how our remaining coaching staff gets the team ready! 4 home games in Dec. As I understand , when Mark comes in the dressing room, the paint starts peeling!!! WE STILL NEED A D -COACH! Talent is there, need an experienced coach. As for Mr. Stranges, early in the year, it was Mr. Stranges, Mr. Guskov, and Mr. Gruden on the second line. They played well together. Especially Mr. Stranges and Mr. Gruden, they clicked and created chances!!!!!! Mr. Phanatic, I totally agree with your thoughts on Mr. Foudy, I think I stated last year, 4th Line is where he belongs.
lots of misters

Reactions: zman77

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
Respect Mr. LDN. LOL!!! I know this is the career or choice these players choose, sometimes it has to be tough on them though. As we know, very few make the BIG LEAGUE.

Reactions: zman77

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
in terms of retooling or building around the 02/03 core, now is their chance.

Evangelista, who admittedly proved me and a ton of others wrong, is the brightest spot here right now. Stranges seems to be a bit selfish, while really talented but has been invisible as of late. Panwar, Keane, Winslow, Roger, McGurn, Montgomery have all been either meh, terrible, or just haven’t gotten much of an opportunity. I’m gonna bite my tongue on the Rolofs situation (see Luke Evangelista) and Max McCue has been my favourite rookie.

start off like they did the 2015/16 season with the Rymsha/Gleason/Nother trades. get picks for them now before they play themselves (or don’t play at all) into a situation where they don’t have much value. those picks can go towards some big moves at the deadline.

in terms of who stays and who goes, I would assume Keane and Panwar hold the most value (though their play is of question).

the top 6 forwards right now are Foudy, McMichael, Evangelista, Gruden, Stranges, Guskov IMO. I’m not comfortable with either Stranges or Guskov as top 6 forwards if they go all in. that means they would have to add 2 forwards, but that’s fine by me. the bottom 6 would have Stranges, Guskov, Dunkley, Moskal, Tymkin, Nelson. if they can, I’d hope to see an OA add for Nelson who can take one of the top 6 spots

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

Last year it was Evangelista underproducing and every one wanted him traded. Panwar looked good last year in limited time and gets even less this year. Stranges is ultra talented, and I would not give up on him just yet.
Bottom line, last year the forwards were a year or 2 behind the d-men. Now, it’s the other way around. That needs to be addressed. Adding yet another offensive dman in Harley won’t help that. The Knights have one good defensive dman and that is Regula. Unless they can get a couple OA dman cheap that can play defence, this season will be another 2nd round exit.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Lol.....our first loss in how many games.....and panic sets in.....too funny!

Yes, we got our butts handed to us, but it was probably just a case of overconfidence and was exactly what the team needed to bring them back to reality. We simply got outworked by a team that was hungrier than we were, got all the bounces and beat us to the puck all night long. This will be a great reminder that, despite the talent here, we still need to work for our wins. I guarantee, our next meeting with Flint will go down a lot differently than this one.

Chill people.....it was one game.....and kudos to Flint for playing a great road game for their first ever win at Bud Gardens....they deserved it!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Building around the 02/03 core is just as risky as going in now. As has been mentioned guys like Panwar/Keane haven’t taken the strides as expected, Stranges has slowed and Rolofs is an unknown right now.

I think the West isn’t that good this year, we have a lot of draft picks and maybe the best forward in the league. Take a shot now.

Of course goaltending is still a big wild card.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
How I'd start trade talks

To: Mississauga
Keane & Rolofs and 3 2nds 3 3rds

To: London
Harley
------------------------------------------
To: Hamilton
Guskov+Stranges 3 2nds 3 3rds

Kaliyev+Jenik

dmead

Jan 12, 2018
London
we can skate with any team in the league. Fllint didn't show anything outstanding. They merely took advantage of London's lethargy.

The Keane experiment is not producing the desired results. Staple Timkin's ass to the bench for a couple of games, send him a message. These penalties, and usually at a critical time in the game, are starting to cost us.

Get some secondary scoring or start selling. McMichael cannot carry the team every game.

The sky isn't falling, it was a single game after a good win streak. Hitch up your pants and get to work.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Biggest weakness is the lack of sized skilled top 8 forwards.

Losing too many battles on the wall in the O zone.
2nd Why do we not have a dedicated Defence coach?
The defence has some size and they need to start getting a mean streak going.
On many of Flint goals , 3 to 4 LK standing around watching the other team score.
Stranges is a selfish one dimensional player.Trade him for a bag of pucks.

thegill

Dec 30, 2009
How I'd start trade talks

To: Mississauga
Keane & Rolofs and 3 2nds 3 3rds

Harley
------------------------------------------
To: Hamilton
Guskov+Stranges 3 2nds 3 3rds

Kaliyev+Jenik

Knightsfan90 and where do we get 6 2nds and 6 3rds - plus 4 roster players - wow

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Impressed with Flints' speed, skill and work ethic.
Koly is a good one.
Congrats!!

lhBV1SqO_bigger.jpg
Flint FirebirdsVerified account @FlintFirebirds 5h5 hours ago

@NationalPost:
"The
@FlintFirebirds have officially served notice across major junior hockey.
They are no longer an OHL punch line."

Reactions: LDN and KnightWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad