London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Guelph is on a 9 game win streak...I dont care what anyone thinks, but we should just frickin go for it. Go all in! Every year we can recoup assets, get new players to commit, have players from the previous year come back....I DONT CARE its time to buy a team. Go do it Mark!
I agree overall with your statement but would add Guelph was in a much different position. London’s rink will virtually sell out every game regardless of whether we are all in or not. Guelph had to go all in as they had a few consecutive years of ugliness and last year was supposed to be their payoff for being patient. Their success and their ability to be competitive the following season has really made me rethink the whole process quite frankly. GO for it this season and worry about next season, next season?

Reactions: jamemcca and LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If you have Rogers Ignite TV all the games on the Action Pak are in HD

This is Rogers way of forcing everyone to upgrade to Ignite TV...digital cable will be slowly phased out
LOL does anyone really like doing business with Rogers? I think it’s one of those “pick your poisons” as the other guys (Bell) are equally evil! :help:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I agree overall with your statement but would add Guelph was in a much different position. London’s rink will virtually sell out every game regardless of whether we are all in or not. Guelph had to go all in as they had a few consecutive years of ugliness and last year was supposed to be their payoff for being patient. Their success and their ability to be competitive the following season has really made me rethink the whole process quite frankly. GO for it this season and worry about next season, next season?
OHL is so cyclical that you can basically rebuild in an offseason if you do it right.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
LOL does anyone really like doing business with Rogers? I think it’s one of those “pick your poisons” as the other guys (Bell) are equally evil! :help:
oh man i hear you in a battle with bell now...hate the bell fibe wanna go back to rogers haha

Stopper

Oct 22, 2019
Anyone know about this aito iguchi from japan. Kids 16 plays in japan was drafted 7th round by the ohl. Dont think hes playing there
Hes been in canada training with pavel barber. Can knights draft him in the important draft? Kid looks good dont kmow how he do in chl

Reactions: LDN

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
If you have Rogers Ignite TV all the games on the Action Pak are in HD

This is Rogers way of forcing everyone to upgrade to Ignite TV...digital cable will be slowly phased out

Unfortunately, (for obvious reason) I live in Niagara and I am forced to subscribe to Cogeco. Cogeco is punishing us Knights fans living here by only producing Single Definition quality games on the OHL Sports pack. I signed up for the 6 months to watch SD OHL games. Bugger. I looked into Rogers IgniteTV, but, it says it's not available in my area.
Do you think if a current RITV subscriber passes me their UserID and Account it would work? Glad to pay the money if it was available in my area.

Meanwhile I just watch my LK in SD. At least it's in colour. Hard to see the puck let alone the numbers on the backs of those spiffy new jersey's.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
He's 5 foot 2. USHL and NCAA route might be better for a guy of that size, gives him more time to get bigger and stronger, but yes he will be eligible for the 2020 CHL import draft.
Agreed USHL to NCAA is a way better option for someone his size.

Reactions: zman77

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Anyone know about this aito iguchi from japan. Kids 16 plays in japan was drafted 7th round by the ohl. Dont think hes playing there
Hes been in canada training with pavel barber. Can knights draft him in the important draft? Kid looks good dont kmow how he do in chl

Yes they can.Import draft is for players not born in North America

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
2019 LONDON KNIGHTS SKILLS COMPETITION POWERED BY START.CA
The London Knights are excited to announce the details for the 2019 London Knights Skills Competition powered by start.ca. The Skills Competition takes place on Wednesday, November 27th beginning at 6 p.m. at Budweiser Gardens. Come watch your favourite London Knights compete in five events including Fastest Skater, Hardest Shot, Accuracy Shooting, Skills Relay, and Elimination Shootout.
The format of the competition will be team based featuring four teams led by your 2019/2020 London Knights captains. Each event will feature one representative from each team competing to earn points for their team. At the end of the events, the team with the most points will be crowned the 2019 London Knights Skills Competition Champions.
Full team details to be released soon.
2019 LONDON KNIGHTS SKILLS COMPETITION POWERED BY START.CA – London Knights

Reactions: KnightsWatch

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Foudy and Merkeley have looked great thus far. Foudy with the highlight reel goal--his typical "individual effort".
I had as many shifts in that second period as Stranges. That's a polite way of saying that Stranges was benched.
I only remember him playing one shift in the first and he turned the puck over by just shooting it in the Steelheads' zone. Guskov has had his chances. Onto the 3rd...

Reactions: LDN

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I got to see this game from the 2nd row behind the Knights bench and yes Stranges has his butt stapled to the bench for the third period beside McGurn and Panwar until the last minute. He tries that move with his toes pointing out when he should be striding normally to move faster towards the play. It’s painful to watch. And yet Skinner used the same move off a defensive zone faceoff to put his back to a forechecker and played it around the boards. Yes the move can be useful - Not every 6th stride! Please trade him for Kaliyev and quick! Then acquire Harley. We should be all in. We are another scoring threat and another solid D away from a contender. It’s worth the necessary moves.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Stranges looked bad on the 2nd MS goal. After a turnover, MS broke up ice. Stranges took his sweet ol' time skating back to catch up to his man while a 3-on-2 developed. Then when MS put the puck to the net, he actually did a fly-by - instead of going to his man in front of the net, he circled into the corner, like he was looking for a wide shot or a breakout pass. (Seriously ????)

Kid's got tons of talent, no doubt. But he plays a one-dimensional game. So, Hunter is gonna teach him to play a two-way game for the Knights. And he'll be better for it.

Last edited:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Via Ryan Pyette on twitter-

"Going back to Sunday's game, the OHL stated today the Knights' coach's challenge should have resulted in a goal for Luke Evangelista. Instead, he got a penalty for goalie interference and Kitchener scored on it. The Knights won, anyway."

Evangelista robbed again

"Going back to Sunday's game, the OHL stated today the Knights' coach's challenge should have resulted in a goal for Luke Evangelista. Instead, he got a penalty for goalie interference and Kitchener scored on it. The Knights won, anyway."

Evangelista robbed again
These types of plays are going to rob a team of more than a goal at some point. Time to scrap the reviews and challenges all together and let the plays on the ice decide games. Not the war room

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018

Evangelista robbed again

Sooo .... does he get an asterisk in the Goal column of his stats??

Why admit this? Aside from the fact that it's an absurd process - letting refs review their own work (expecting them to overturn themselves??). But why even say this now?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad