London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Points to consider so far: Brochu has excellent foot speed, looks good! So for me, when Merkely bailed and it opened a 3-1, which Brochu made a good save and bailed him out, you get your ass up and go tap your tender on the pads ‘Tks for bailing me out”...but I guess we will give him a little bit at this team thing eh? (I’m kidding, but it’s the little things though...)
FYI.....many nights in Peterborough RM had no idea which goalie had started for the Petes, unless someone told him after the game:D

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I think we all know Evangelista is gonna be good. He’s got the vision and passing ability of guys like Marner but he’s got no finishing ability. He will need to improve on that over the year to be an 80+ point guy.

Brochu is gonna be a good backup and could be the starter come December, he’s athletic and he never gives up on a play. Who does that remind you of? Anyways, great first game and put him back in tomorrow!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Solid effort against a depleted Otter lineup. Only Keane had a rough night.
Only one start but Brochu looked good. Brochu over Onuska any day of the week!
Best players: McMichael, Stranges, Evangelista, Guskov, Regula, Brochu.
Merkley, game 1: a few turnovers that almost proved costly. Some excellent passing, slick moves, a few assists. Drew 2 penalties.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Mr Everything did pretty well everything tonight, scored - played solid defense - tied down anything moving out front and got into a scrum to protect Stranges , that's why he's captain material . Making space for small players to do their magic, I like Moskal and Foudy but after watching Regula on his first game back the Knights played an entire different game compared to last week, Merkley help too but in my opinion Mr Everything is or should be captain

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Well thats more like it! I am happy that Evangelista had a good game and is having a nice few games start to the season. Lets hope he keeps it up. Skill is there its just a matter of confidence. Merkley looks good and is helping the powerplay. Regula is fantastic! Thats the type of play I expect from Stranges and McMichael. They are both going to be relied on. Nice game from Brochu. Do you think we go back to him tomorrow? I think Keane or Winslow have to come out and bring Montgomery back in for tomorrows game. It sure is nice having some more seasoned players for D now. I still expect more from Moskal, Nelson, Tymkin, Dunkley...otherwise McCue and Mcgurn are looking good and gunning for ice time.

Evangelista with his best game in a Knights uniform...hats off. Nice to see..but Erie is a weak team right now. I still don't view him as a top 9 forward once Foudy is healthy. Sorry

Time to move Keane. Yikes..not looking good out there. You can pack Panwar's bags with him

Brochu stepped up but I see something that will be very exposed by better teams. When going side to side he moves way too far past the post. Parsons had the same issue as a rookie and Rook rectified the problem. Hopefully they catch it in Brochu and he can push Kooy a bit. Again...Erie is a weak team

Good W and Good effort from some kids we need to see more from

Is Luke Evangelista still on the trading list anyone ? I still believe in a 80 pts plus season for him
Yep...mine..and he should actually be on other's lists too..and here's why

Kid had a good game..and I acknowledged it...but where do you see him once Foudy is back...and especially if Cotter comes back.

He's not a top 9 with those 2 here. This is his draft year...he's gotta play top 6 or 9 or you gotta move him. It's not a knock against the kid...I just don't see a spot for him on this team in the top 9. Panwar either

Last edited:

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Solid effort against a depleted Otter lineup. Only Keane had a rough night.
Only one start but Brochu looked good. Brochu over Onuska any day of the week!
Best players: McMichael, Stranges, Evangelista, Guskov, Regula, Brochu.
Merkley, game 1: a few turnovers that almost proved costly. Some excellent passing, slick moves, a few assists. Drew 2 penalties.
Add Steklov. He was very good too

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Strong game last night. Couple stand-out performances last night. Brochu - was so happy to see his big night. Looked extremely poised and confident for first OHL game. Nice to have a BUG looking like that while Kooy gets be back to his form. Play the kid! #11 is showing a lot more tenacity in battles and on the boards - saw a complete game last night. Best player on the ice in all aspects. Loved his special teams work - PK with #14 was key to surviving 3 consecutive penalties and ending the 1st up 1-0. As for Evangalista, he had a breakout game. Looked great with #11 - like he belongs in Top 6. The Guskov goal was demonstrative. My entire section had the same "Oh s**t" reaction when everyone thought #14 threw the puck away and gave up a shooting chance. Instead it lands on the stick of Guskov for a goal. His instincts and vision are exceptional. Having Regula back is HUGE. He covered a lot of ice and is a much bigger presence out there. Leadership on the ice is obvious. Loved how he stepped in at the end when #40 took a sucker shot. As for the new #28, liked Merkley a lot. High skills. Great addition. You can see where he will create some turnovers, since he is not afraid to rush the puck and take chances. But he has great hands, moves smoothly. Looked great in green and gold. Stranges rebounded after his 1st period benching. A horrible turnover (and an immature reaction with no backchecking afterwards) put him squarely on Dale's bench for the rest of the period. But he came back with something to prove and netted two. Like seeing Skinner get more comfortable out there. And good to see Knights trying to set up his shot. Steklov is gonna be a winner. This D corps just needs time to develop. (Although #45 had a game he would love to forget about.)

Strong game last night. Couple stand-out performances last night. Brochu - was so happy to see his big night. Looked extremely poised and confident for first OHL game. Nice to have a BUG looking like that while Kooy gets be back to his form. Play the kid! #11 is showing a lot more tenacity in battles and on the boards - saw a complete game last night. Best player on the ice in all aspects. Loved his special teams work - PK with #14 was key to surviving 3 consecutive penalties and ending the 1st up 1-0. As for Evangalista, he had a breakout game. Looked great with #11 - like he belongs in Top 6. The Guskov goal was demonstrative. My entire section had the same "Oh s**t" reaction when everyone thought #14 threw the puck away and gave up a shooting chance. Instead it lands on the stick of Guskov for a goal. His instincts and vision are exceptional. Having Regula back is HUGE. He covered a lot of ice and is a much bigger presence out there. Leadership on the ice is obvious. Loved how he stepped in at the end when #40 took a sucker shot. As for the new #28, liked Merkley a lot. High skills. Great addition. You can see where he will create some turnovers, since he is not afraid to rush the puck and take chances. But he has great hands, moves smoothly. Looked great in green and gold. Stranges rebounded after his 1st period benching. A horrible turnover (and an immature reaction with no backchecking afterwards) put him squarely on Dale's bench for the rest of the period. But he came back with something to prove and netted two. Like seeing Skinner get more comfortable out there. And good to see Knights trying to set up his shot. Steklov is gonna be a winner. This D corps just needs time to develop. (Although #45 had a game he would love to forget about.)
Like I said...with Cotter and Foudy in the lineup..is Evangelista in your top 6 or 9? If so...who does he bump to the 4th line out of the following?

McMichael
Gruden
Foudy
Cotter
Stranges
Nelson
Tymkin
Guskov
Dunkley
Moskal

that's 10 ahead of him on the depth chart

Again..I'm not browbeating the kid...I just want someone to logically tell me where he fits into our top 6-9 with everyone dressed. It's not feasible. It's also not fair for the kid to see 4th line minutes in his draft year

Reactions: KnightsWatch

LKfan

Sep 19, 2017
Like I said...with Cotter and Foudy in the lineup..is Evangelista in your top 6 or 9? If so...who does he bump to the 4th line out of the following?

McMichael
Gruden
Foudy
Cotter
Stranges
Nelson
Tymkin
Guskov
Dunkley
Moskal

that's 10 ahead of him on the depth chart

Again..I'm not browbeating the kid...I just want someone to logically tell me where he fits into our top 6-9 with everyone dressed. It's not feasible. It's also not fair for the kid to see 4th line minutes in his draft year
Based on current play, I put him ahead of Nelson and Dunkley. Especially need more out of the OA spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad