London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
With Merkley exercising his right of non-movement and basically stating "London or nowhere" I have a feeling he knows how closely he will be monitored in London. I kinda think this could turn out to be a "Screw You Tour" of the OHL to show everyone who doubted him in the past wrong. Just seems like that type of kid

Last Petes player who forced a trade to London won a playoff MVP...;)

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I'm trying to draw as much positive out of this as I can...because I detest the fact he's ending his OHL career in a Knights uniform as it stands right now

I felt the same way about Joey Hishon :mad:

Yeah I know. He never suited. Wouldn't even sign but we owned his rights. Bad enough.

dino200022

I would move Dunkley even before Cotter's back. He's been incredibly disappointing for a former 1st round pick. Average in all areas. Doesn't do anything overly well.

Dunkley is very good along the wall and in the corners in offensive zone...Hands of stone and I think that may be what his brain is made out of as well.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If there is any team in the OHL who can turn him around, it is probably London. Worst case it cost them a 3rd and maybe a conditional pick, which is a worthwhile risk for a team with excellent asset management.

I still don't see why Peterborough does it unless they don't have to pay the compensation to Guelph or they are really that worried about the optics of sitting Merkley. Maybe San Jose paid them to do it... That wouldn't shock me with the way the OHL often is.

You are making an excellent point about San Jose paying his way. Another if I may add to it, is the possibility of OHL putting pressure for a deal to be made, you see it would be big embarrassment to the league to have a first overall pick playing junior B as they pride themselves as the best junior hockey league.

STS

Jul 3, 2005
See Adam Boquist was sent down to Rockford (AHL)by the Blackhawks - outside chance he comes back to London?

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
See Adam Boquist was sent down to Rockford (AHL)by the Blackhawks - outside chance he comes back to London?

Nah I think the Hawks more or less confirmed it's AHL or NHL for him.

Personally I think there's benefit in guys playing their D+2 year in junior but most NHL execs seemingly want to get their guys playing pro as fast as possible

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Points to consider so far: Brochu has excellent foot speed, looks good! So for me, when Merkely bailed and it opened a 3-1, which Brochu made a good save and bailed him out, you get your ass up and go tap your tender on the pads ‘Tks for bailing me out”...but I guess we will give him a little bit at this team thing eh? (I’m kidding, but it’s the little things though...)

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad