London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
even the Knights hedged their bets and waited til the second; the Knights should be winning every year; they get 3 first round picks every year and somehow find a way to lose anyway.

The only way for them to win every year is to play Niagara 3 times, I am not sure if you know this but London has won the OHL championship every year they have played 3+ games Vs the IceDogs;):wg:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So did Domi...so did Mete. The point is Kingston and Owen Sound were smart enough to call their bluff and were rewarded for making the pick. No excuse to let a player of Stranges caliber drop if you're 19 other teams. It's a cop out to whine that London took him when the rest of the league basically handed him to the Knights.

What a ridiculous comment.

London knows that Stranges will only report to them. So they offer some super lowball offer to whatever team took him. So that team either has to accept the lowball offer, or just keep him knowing that he won't report and now you don't get any 1st round pick playing for your team next year? Yeah you're right, that sounds like a greatttttttt position for GM's to put themselves in........

Reactions: i am papa bear

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

London knows that Stranges will only report to them. So they offer some super lowball offer to whatever team took him. So that team either has to accept the lowball offer, or just keep him knowing that he won't report and now you don't get any 1st round pick playing for your team next year? Yeah you're right, that sounds like a greatttttttt position for GM's to put themselves in........

Same situation as Cole Perfetti or William Cuylle. The only suitor for Perfetti is going to be Oshawa.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Same situation as Cole Perfetti or William Cuylle. The only suitor for Perfetti is going to be Oshawa.
Could be London as well eh? :) man would that stir the pot haha if we got one or both of Cuylle and Perfetti that would piss so many people off even more :)

Reactions: Drop the Puck

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Really? Did we lowball offer to get Mete/Domi? I wish it was that easy, but it just isnt.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Could be London as well eh? :) man would that stir the pot haha if we got one or both of Cuylle and Perfetti that would piss so many people off even more :)
3-2nds and 2 3rds is close to going rate for Perfetti. London or Oshawa doesn't matter who.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
We should just have two teams then. :)
I've always thought why doesnt Hunter buy another team and let Dylan coach the Knights and basically just start from scratch in another city and have the two powerhouse teams of the OHL they could each do deals to help each other out if one of the teams is going for it...if both are going for it and meet in the finals that would be cool to :P

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Stranges told 19 other teams he was not coming; he even admitted it. playing field is not level. don't be naive.

Pick him when your turn come if he's available is what I would tell your favorite team and stopped crying about it. 19 teams knows where he'll report to, hold that team for ransom numbers of picks and get your none reporting pick back next draft, all the tools are there, just got to uses them

Reactions: LDN

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
I have looked all over and have barely noticed any complaints, honestly I thought there would be more, anyone wanna send me a link to who is complaining (feel free to dm)

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

The worst that can happen in the situation you site above is the team selects him, but are unable to get what they consider fair market value for his rights, just release his rights in the September window and they'll still get the compensatory 1st rounder next year.

The question is: What happens to that player then? Does he A) go through the waiver process or, B) is he exempt him from playing in the OHL that year and he goes into the draft the following year?

If it's option A, then I'd assume that the last place team, Sudbury in this case, would pick up his rights and then work out a deal for his rights inside the September window or during the window right before the deadline.

If it's B, then I'd assume there's a serious risk that the league loses the services of that player to the NCAA.

Since the league's first priority is to have the best players pick the CHL over the NCAA asap, then I'm betting they'd get involved in the negotiation process to get a fair deal done to insure both teams get satisfaction and the player plays in this league asap.

Really? Did we lowball offer to get Mete/Domi? I wish it was that easy, but it just isnt.

Bottom line is you're looking at these cases here as a likely outcome.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brendan Ross Retweeted
Hayley Wickenheiser‏Verified account @wick_22 Apr 21

Spotted in Saskatoon yesterday.
The sticks have finally reached their destination.
(
1f4f7.png
Stephanie Galenzoski)
1f49b.png
1f49a.png

pic.twitter.com/YNTbv6s2As
DbT-HFAU8AA2MNE.jpg

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I have looked all over and have barely noticed any complaints, honestly I thought there would be more, anyone wanna send me a link to who is complaining (feel free to dm)

Over on the Niagara ice Dogs Fan Forum, they have an entire thread dedicated to the Knights called “London sucks” it’s a good read before your morning flush.
But wait, there is more, they also have an entire thread rating each one of the refs in the league.
The entire league is out to get them you know, just wait for the “inquirery” they want to “lock up” the Hunters.

It’s what happened to a group of like minded after losing for 10+ years.

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
I read that thread. I have been barred from Owen Sounds board temporarily and Kitchener. Go to the Hounds board. My post should be the last one. Surprised i wasnt reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad