London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
What a ridiculous comment.

London knows that Stranges will only report to them. So they offer some super lowball offer to whatever team took him. So that team either has to accept the lowball offer, or just keep him knowing that he won't report and now you don't get any 1st round pick playing for your team next year? Yeah you're right, that sounds like a greatttttttt position for GM's to put themselves in........

Kingston and OS did quote well in their returns for Domi n Mete. Its proven to be lucrative for teams that call the bluff.

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Many posters from other teams do understand and recognise London success. Unfortunately some small percentage don't, instead of encouraging their favorite teams to work up to London's level they'd rather see the Knights distroyed down to their level. I ask them, is this to them what progressly moving forward really means for this league?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Joey Keane
Brother of Gerard Keane-London Knight-42nd Pick 2018
Barrie Colts: 6' 0" 185 lbs.

62 Games 12 Goals32 Assists44 Points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
6SvgDEVG_bigger.jpg
CrossBarr Consulting‏ @Cross_Barr Apr 15

Been watching Barrie Colts for Svechnikov, but wow, has Joey Keane been impressive.
He skates with the puck like Taylor Hall.. great hands.. and extremely quick defensively. He’s worth at least a 4th rd pick but maybe higher.
No brainer for a summer camp invite

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I like that we restrict teams from doing that cause there are years that we have no 2nds or 3rds, but at least we have a 1st every year

The only league I know of that you’re not allowed to trade them 1st round picks. Ridiculous. Why do only OHL GM’s need that protection? Or is it to balance the O with the other 2 CHL leagues?

Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The only league I know of that you’re not allowed to trade them 1st round picks. Ridiculous. Why do only OHL GM’s need that protection? Or is it to balance the O with the other 2 CHL leagues?
Balance of the league....this way if you do go for it one year you can still have another player to build around the next season.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights added established OHL players who were 1st Round Picks:
Connor McMichael
Nathan Dunkley
Plus more.
Example of trading 1st Round Picks in the WHL gone wrong:
Tri-City Americans trade for Jake Bean from the Calgary Hitmen.
Traded a 1st Round Pick in 2019, 2 2nd Round Picks, a 17 year old and an 18 year old.
Tri-City Americans got knocked out 4-0 in the 1st Round against the Seattle Thunderbirds.
Is that good asset management by Tri-City?
Below is the trade.

Calgary Hitmen @WHLHitmen

#WHLHitmen acquire 17-year-old F Carson Focht, 18-year-old D Dakota Krebs, a second-round pick in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft, a first-round selection in 2019 and a 2020 second-round pick from the Tri-City Americans in exchange for 19-year-old D Jake Bean ~
http://hmen.co/2CZ5GDr

Reactions: LDN

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Most of the time I wish the rink was 5-6K at the most. The 9K seats have been a great recruiting tool but the current fanbase, constant advertising, and high prices have made me very b!tchy.

That makes no sense.... 5-6K would mean less ticket revenue, which would inevitably lead to more advertising and higher concession prices.

Otto

London knows that Stranges will only report to them. So they offer some super lowball offer to whatever team took him. So that team either has to accept the lowball offer, or just keep him knowing that he won't report and now you don't get any 1st round pick playing for your team next year? Yeah you're right, that sounds like a greatttttttt position for GM's to put themselves in........

AWESOME!! Welcome to the OHL, as a new fan you're going to enjoy what the game has to offer. Now you get to watch the NHL stars of the future! Don't be afraid to ask questions as you head on your journey to learn more about the best feeder league to the NHL!

Otto

How your prices compare to other cities with smaller rinks.

No idea, but if you're putting together a list I'd also like to know how much rent and business taxes are in those locations.

The other side of it is... it's not just a hockey rink. When you think about the shows and events that have been hosted at Bud Gardens since it opened... honestly, they should have built it with 15,000 seats

Reactions: Fastpace

Had a team picked Stranges in the 1st round..and he refused to report he would become a defected player and said team would then receive an additional 1st round pick in the next draft. Either way they would have been rewarded by calling the bluff. Did you honestly expect London NOT to pick him when he was still on the board at 21?

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
London Knights added established OHL players who were 1st Round Picks:
Connor McMichael
Nathan Dunkley
Plus more.
Example of trading 1st Round Picks in the WHL gone wrong:
Tri-City Americans trade for Jake Bean from the Calgary Hitmen.
Traded a 1st Round Pick in 2019, 2 2nd Round Picks, a 17 year old and an 18 year old.
Tri-City Americans got knocked out 4-0 in the 1st Round against the Seattle Thunderbirds.
Is that good asset management by Tri-City?
Below is the trade.

Calgary Hitmen @WHLHitmen

#WHLHitmen acquire 17-year-old F Carson Focht, 18-year-old D Dakota Krebs, a second-round pick in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft, a first-round selection in 2019 and a 2020 second-round pick from the Tri-City Americans in exchange for 19-year-old D Jake Bean ~
http://hmen.co/2CZ5GDr

What the hell are you talking about? Tri-City is playing Everett in the Western Conference Finals. Better put your reading glasses on and find another example that actually makes sense. :help:
And really, how is trading a first much different than trading 2nds for the next 8 years? You recover the picks in rebuild years.

horner

May 22, 2007
Its only for players that wont report to a team.
Not for deadline deals.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I think if we check per team attendance base on size and population, we may find the answer why OHL is not following their sister leagues on trading first rounders. Teams that have no first round draftees and sometime second, third and fourth rounds is not well recieved by fan bases as they don't have future stars to cheer for two or three years losing their interests and stop coming to game

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
What the hell are you talking about? Tri-City is playing Everett in the Western Conference Finals. Better put your reading glasses on and find another example that actually makes sense. :help:
And really, how is trading a first much different than trading 2nds for the next 8 years? You recover the picks in rebuild years.

Gang Green
Testing you to see if you're paying attention.
Carry on Gang Green.
There's some Greasy Chips and Tacos waiting for you to attack! ;)

Reactions: Fastpace

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
My 1st comments about the Antonio Stranges selection by the Knights in the 2nd after he apparently misled I won't use the L word everyone including the USNDP, doesn't matter to me unlike other posters from other teams,I feel the team I root for had it's best draft since 2015,so what London did oh well.
That being said info that I was given at the Spits rookie camp about Stranges,the way he plays and his mindset,gives me great pause,I was told that while with Little Caesars he rarely back checked,and if things didn't revolve around him he would sulk.
No questioning his talent, but the question I would have for London fans is did they get the next Mitch Marner,who I didn't like as a Knight but love as a Leaf,or did they get Josh Hosang,a player with immense talent but a polarizing personna.
Like I said did not know anything about the youngster other then his skill reputation till Saturday.
I have said it before I like it when teams sign guys headed for the NCAA,even London,so drafting where they did, doesn't bother me in the least.
However misleading folks and what I heard on Saturday about compelled me to post this.Who knows what happens can't say London fans haven't been warned.
For your sakes hope not, Windsor was warned don't take HoSang and they did anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad