London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I am certain the future is bright for the Knights. On paper this is the best draft I can remember in a long time. If by chance the Russian kid comes, Gruden signs and we get Boqvist, Bouchard and Formenton back this team will be very competitive come Christmas time. Tkachuk and Vlasic would be gifts that I don't expect but I do think maybe an overager on left dee. I would expect Kooy to take over more minutes by Christmas as well . Rayzor and him I predict will steal games when the pups are gripping sticks a little tight. Foudy will score 40 and Dunkley 35-40 and Popov 30 goals
that's bold on popov after coming off a season high 10 goal season but i wouldn't be complaining if you are right

Reactions: LDN and zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
that's bold on popov after coming off a season high 10 goal season but i wouldn't be complaining if you are right

You never know if and when a young kid is going to develop into a productive player.
Aaron Berisha was a very important part of the 2015-16 Memorial Cup Team.
His goal and point totals jumped dramatically in his final year.
More ice time, stronger and wiser as a veteran OHL player.
Let's hope Sergey Popov will have a similar experience.
Aaron Berisha:
[TR][TH]SeasonTeamLgeGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPGAPtsPIM
2012-13Belleville BullsOHL5910818164171237
2013-14Belleville BullsOHL671215278-24----------
2014-15Belleville BullsOHL411220----------
2014-15London KnightsOHL5924153930-10101454
2015-16London KnightsOHL6645277235401856116
[TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY][/TH][/TR][/TBODY]
[TBODY][TR][TH][/TH][/TR][/TBODY]

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Ray Charles could see the talent both Popov and McMichael possess . The more they get comfortable and with the more ice time they will get will determine it. They both showed flashes and Popov has a wickedly heavy explosive shot. Once he quits missing the net as often and relaxes just a touch he will be there. McMichael you can see the skill and vision as a 16 year old and I can see why Simpson insisted on him in the Thomas trade. He has jam and once he gets the finish look out. This is going to be the year the pups excel so mark my words come Christmas break this team with a few returnees from pro camps will be lights out.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
ncZaVJYA_bigger.jpg
Mike Stubbs‏Verified account @stubbs980 19m19 minutes ago

Liam Foudy of the
@GoLondonKnights has been added to the Team Canada Summer Showcase roster along with Markus Phillips of Owen Sound and Akil Thomas
of the Niagara Ice Dogs

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Sport Chek World Junior Showcase update
Three players added to roster for international event in Kamloops, B.C.
July 19, 2018

CALGARY, Alta.
– Hockey Canada announced the additions of Liam Foudy (Scarborough, Ont./London, OHL), Markus Phillips (Vaughan, Ont./Owen Sound, OHL) and Akil Thomas (Toronto, Ont./Niagara, OHL) to Canada’s roster for the Sport Chek World Junior Showcase, July 28-Aug. 4 in Kamloops, B.C..
The players replace forwards Jordy Bellerive (North Vancouver, B.C./Lethbridge, WHL) and Robert Thomas (Aurora, Ont./Hamilton, OHL), and defenceman Josh Brook (Roblin, Man./Moose Jaw, WHL), who are unable to participate due to injury.
Sport Chek World Junior Showcase update

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I know there were some '01's who saw very little ice time and it may be just as bad for them this year with all the signings they have done with this years draft.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Yes, it's possible Evan Bouchard will play for the Oilers this season.
From the above article;
If Bouchard does not earn a spot with the Oilers during training camp he'll return to London. But according to Chiarelli, the Oilers are not actively looking for an offensive-minded defenseman through a trade.
"We can't rely on [Bouchard] to fill that need right away, we have to rely on the other [defensemen] picking up the slack and see where he fits in," Chiarelli said. "He has to make the team first, but he's the kind of player that we were looking for and is hard to find in a trade and you have to draft them. That's why we drafted him."

How long?
9 Games?
All Season?
Bouchard is rated #6 on the Edmonton Oiler's for Defenceman by Sports Forcaster:
NHL Depth Chart | The Sports Forecaster

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
That would relatively stupid to rush him but that is there choice. It worked well with Nugent Hopkins, Eberle, Yakapov and Gagner so I don't see why they wouldn't want to throw him to the wolves.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
All the other rookies are older and likely don't have Bouchard's raw talent but realistically he is not NHL ready unless he is on a weak team like the Oilers or Canadiens who both are going nowhere as far as I am concerned.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
If he is coming my guess would be mid August. They may be working on transfer stuff and Visa stuff. Summer time that crap seems to drag on. If he isn't going to sign then ink the Belarus kid and move forward. If Gruden was in town I wonder how the talks went. This time of year is kind of year the kids are getting ready to go to pro camps,training camp and CHL/Hockey Canada prospect camps while the fans wait and speculate what's happening.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
FUTURE WATCH:
Bouchard's offseason packed with personal expectation

by Jamie Umbach / EdmontonOilers.com

July 19th, 2018
EDMONTON, AB
- There's no bigger motivator than having something to prove.
That's the mindset being held this offseason by Oilers defensive prospect and first-round pick Evan Bouchard, whose linear path to pro took another big step on Tuesday with the signing of his entry-level contract.
"I was really excited," the defenceman said.
"It's another step on the ladder and felt really good to get that done."
The signing of his first professional deal capped off a busy stretch in June and July for the 18-year-old that began when he was drafted 10th overall by the Oilers at the NHL Draft in Dallas.
As for the linear progression, the right-shot defenceman is looking to skip a step by cracking
the Oilers roster on opening night.
"I think it's realistic," Bouchard commented. "It's what I've been working towards all summer -
being ready for camp, making sure I turn heads and hopefully stay up there."
The six-foot-two, 195-pound defenceman has avoided the 'offseason' aspect of summer by
training off-ice from Monday to Friday and skating four times a week in order to meet his goal.
Working on power skating, conditioning and honing other skills like his pinpoint passing and booming slapshot with other prospects from around the Ontario Hockey League has been the
norm for Bouchard after getting his first look at life with the Oilers alongside fellow prospects at Development Camp this past month.
FUTURE WATCH: Bouchard's offseason packed with personal expectation

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
FUTURE WATCH:
Bouchard's offseason packed with personal expectation

by Jamie Umbach / EdmontonOilers.com

July 19th, 2018
EDMONTON, AB
- There's no bigger motivator than having something to prove.
That's the mindset being held this offseason by Oilers defensive prospect and first-round pick Evan Bouchard, whose linear path to pro took another big step on Tuesday with the signing of his entry-level contract.
"I was really excited," the defenceman said.
"It's another step on the ladder and felt really good to get that done."
The signing of his first professional deal capped off a busy stretch in June and July for the 18-year-old that began when he was drafted 10th overall by the Oilers at the NHL Draft in Dallas.
As for the linear progression, the right-shot defenceman is looking to skip a step by cracking
the Oilers roster on opening night.
"I think it's realistic," Bouchard commented. "It's what I've been working towards all summer -
being ready for camp, making sure I turn heads and hopefully stay up there."
The six-foot-two, 195-pound defenceman has avoided the 'offseason' aspect of summer by
training off-ice from Monday to Friday and skating four times a week in order to meet his goal.
Working on power skating, conditioning and honing other skills like his pinpoint passing and booming slapshot with other prospects from around the Ontario Hockey League has been the
norm for Bouchard after getting his first look at life with the Oilers alongside fellow prospects at Development Camp this past month.
FUTURE WATCH: Bouchard's offseason packed with personal expectation

It's on him (Bouchard) to work extra hard on his powerskating as well as on other areas to prepare for the Oilers camp, and if he does not make their roster this fall all this work will be big bonus for the Knights

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->