London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
That streak won't last... besides I prefer to bask in the glow of championships--ones that occur more frequently than every 26 years (and counting). I can understand, however, that 10 consecutive wins against the Knights must feel like winning the Memorial Cup if you can remember that far back.
#1993 :)
Eleven straight but the streak won’t last. Well the winter won’t last forever either but it sure seems to go on for a long time. Heck the earth likely won’t last either :) Joining my northern brothers in some good old fashioned Knights ribbing.
Reading your boards, you’ve been so spoiled you guys better never really know what it’s like to suffer a bad season again as some of you might need to be medicated.
One final thing, the article that mentions and implies how gruelling seven game in eleven days was undermines its credibility and makes it sound a tad apologetic.
The Wolves just had a four game in six days stretch which included three road games. One in which they collected five of eight points.
Chin up Knights fans :) Also, no I don’t hate the Knights, but I do love the streak :) :)

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Eleven straight but the streak won’t last. Well the winter won’t last forever either but it sure seems to go on for a long time. Heck the earth likely won’t last either :) Joining my northern brothers in some good old fashioned Knights ribbing.
Reading your boards, you’ve been so spoiled you guys better never really know what it’s like to suffer a bad season again as some of you might need to be medicated.
One final thing, the article that mentions and implies how gruelling seven game in eleven days was undermines its credibility and makes it sound a tad apologetic.
The Wolves just had a four game in six days stretch which included three road games. One in which they collected five of eight points.
Chin up Knights fans :) Also, no I don’t hate the Knights, but I do love the streak :) :)

Well said Lycanthrope.
We are spoiled here in London and tend not to look at how good the team is with any season. The Knights are #5 in the country and don't appreciate the players and management. imho. When the Knights won the Mem Cup in 2016 there was plenty of complaining here on HFBoards. lol.
We have 12 games left and know the boys will be 'refocusing and rededicating' for the final push of the regular season as well as preparing for the play-offs. Sudbury has a nice club and will give teams nightmares especially with Finnish elite goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen .
My prediction for the Knight's final 12 games is 11-0-0-1.

Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Why did Rob Schremp publicly rip fellow London Knights alumnus John Tavares?

Free Press staff
Updated: February 20, 2019

The paths of John Tavares and Rob Schremp diverge – especially after this week.
Schremp, who retired last fall after a pro hockey career that amount to 114 NHL games, publicly ripped Tavares on Twitter, suggesting that the $11 mil/yr Toronto Maple Leafs centre is selfish.
“(He is) the ultimate ‘I did my job’ kind of teammate,” Schremp wrote on Twitter, in response to a Tweet detailing how well the New York Islanders have done in this season without Tavares.
“He wins when he goes to play for his country as they are loaded with players mostly equal or better. Other than that, he just collects HIS points and HIS awards.”
Ouch. Tavares has not publicly responded, though several of his former Islanders teammates have spoken out. Thomas Hickey told Sportsnet he considered the criticism “silly.”
Schremp, who spoke out upon his retirement about a battle with “mental illness,” isn’t backing down. Wednesday, he spoke with Toronto’s Fan 590 radio station about his remarks.
“That’s the experience in Long Island that I had,” Schremp told the radio station. “Johnny is still a great player. I never really thought it would blow up like this. It’s not the attention I wanted.
“I see a little difference in a player of Johnny’s calibre and, like, a Sidney Crosby. It’s my opinion, I’m kind of entitled to it, I spoke it.”

Reactions: Fastpace

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London

Free Press staff
Updated: February 20, 2019

The paths of John Tavares and Rob Schremp diverge – especially after this week.
Schremp, who retired last fall after a pro hockey career that amount to 114 NHL games, publicly ripped Tavares on Twitter, suggesting that the $11 mil/yr Toronto Maple Leafs centre is selfish.
“(He is) the ultimate ‘I did my job’ kind of teammate,” Schremp wrote on Twitter, in response to a Tweet detailing how well the New York Islanders have done in this season without Tavares.
“He wins when he goes to play for his country as they are loaded with players mostly equal or better. Other than that, he just collects HIS points and HIS awards.”
Ouch. Tavares has not publicly responded, though several of his former Islanders teammates have spoken out. Thomas Hickey told Sportsnet he considered the criticism “silly.”
Schremp, who spoke out upon his retirement about a battle with “mental illness,” isn’t backing down. Wednesday, he spoke with Toronto’s Fan 590 radio station about his remarks.
“That’s the experience in Long Island that I had,” Schremp told the radio station. “Johnny is still a great player. I never really thought it would blow up like this. It’s not the attention I wanted.
“I see a little difference in a player of Johnny’s calibre and, like, a Sidney Crosby. It’s my opinion, I’m kind of entitled to it, I spoke it.”

Kinda un classy move

Reactions: zman77

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Trivia question: Will tomorrow's night game be the first game of the season with a full lineup?
(Too lazy to look it up myself) :(

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well said Lycanthrope.
We are spoiled here in London and tend not to look at how good the team is with any season. The Knights are #5 in the country and don't appreciate the players and management. imho. When the Knights won the Mem Cup in 2016 there was plenty of complaining here on HFBoards. lol.
We have 12 games left and know the boys will be 'refocusing and rededicating' for the final push of the regular season as well as preparing for the play-offs. Sudbury has a nice club and will give teams nightmares especially with Finnish elite goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen .
Cheers buddy.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
St. Thomas beats the London Nationals 2-1.
Sean McGurn scores both goals for the Stars.

Told you guys, this kid Mcgurn is playing awesome hockey right now, seems like he broke out of a shell, he'll be coming to London as soon as St Thomas are out.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Yeah not the time of the season to be experimenting with call ups...

Oh !!! - I am really high on this kid and he's not an experiment, it's more like readying your depths for the playoffs. Beside if Sean Mcgurn is ready they'll move him up past others on the team, his play resemble Moskal's style or even Duhart. The way this kid is taken over this St Thomas team, he started the year a shy 16 yr old fourth liner and today he's the Stars best player now playing on their first line. I'll make a prediction right now he's a keeper and a natural as there isn't much to teach him, he's the Hunters protocol type player and I doubt very much they will trade him if they can help it.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What's unclassy is the need to mention Schremps battle with mental illness. I don't see how that is pertinent to the story.

Also interesting that no author is attributed to the story.

I am in total agreement with you, we may or may not agree with him but Schremp is entitle to his opinion like any other without the mental illness be an isssue.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He might be 2019s version of 2016 Alex Formenton but won't get in the lineup unless there are a pile of injuries.

It all depend at what skill level Mcgurn is at compared to other players, if he shows more maturity they'll put him in over other players. This kid seem to know all aspects of the game, that's why his success, although like Moskal he is a strong tireless skater but no way as fast as Formenton. Who knows where his offensive skills will take him, I suspect just like he did in the B's he will take it slow study the OHL level look after the defense side of his game first and than adjust himself to the league speed before taking more offensive responsibility. Like I mentioned in earlier post the kid is a natural, you don't need to teach him, just like Moskal it's already instill or formed in their personality. This is the area where I think the Knights scouts excell the most compared to other franchises as they are not only looking at talent and skill sets they are also looking in later rounds much deeper in the young player's character and personality, that's why they have more success developing players and are sending them to the pros.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
What's unclassy is the need to mention Schremps battle with mental illness. I don't see how that is pertinent to the story.

Also interesting that no author is attributed to the story.

Otto:
Robbie Schremp has been very open about his depression. Good for him.
But if he wants to go down the road of dissing past team-mates then he'll be criticised.
Past Islander Team-mates:
“He’s a good teammate,” said defenceman Thomas Hickey, who played six seasons alongside Tavares in New York. “For anyone to say he’s selfish, they’re just misguided. Maybe they’re looking for a headline.”
“The year John lost the scoring title by one point (to Jamie Benn in 2014-15), in a meaningless play about halfway through the year I shot it and it looked like Johnny tipped it,” Hickey shared with Sportsnet’s Eric Francis. “He got credit for it. After the game he said, ‘I’m going to change that, I didn’t touch it — that was your point.'”
“If the team isn’t having success and he is, it’s not his fault,” said Jordan Eberle, who only spent a season with Tavares in Long Island. “I’ve never seen him be selfish. (The tweet) was a bit surprising. I was shocked, because I know John and played with him and I think the majority of guys who played with him will say the same thing.”
“The way he takes care of himself and all that — he wanted to be the best. That’s his goal. Everything he did was for the group,” echoed Islanders winger Andrew Ladd. “Nothing but good things from me as a teammate. He’s got a good rep in this room.”
Yahoo is now part of Oath

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Would like to start seeing some consistency from the team the rest of the way.
Raaymakers will likely get the start but even if it's Kooy, they need to settle down and make the big save when it's needed.
When the game is close I always get the feeling the tenders will not likely win you the game, but they sure as heck can lose it.
Even an 8-1 lead against Erie wasn't completely safe so there's work to do in getting consistent - for the entire team.
I know they can play better because we've seem them out-shoot opposition and limit them to a handful of good chances.
Raaymakers should not handle the puck anymore than necessary as he handles it like a grenade with the pin pulled.
Needs to make better choices.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Otto:
But if he wants to go down the road of dissing past team-mates then he'll be criticised.
“He’s a good teammate,” said defenceman Thomas Hickey, who played six seasons alongside Tavares in New York. “For anyone to say he’s selfish, they’re just misguided. Maybe they’re looking for a headline.”
“The year John lost the scoring title by one point (to Jamie Benn in 2014-15), in a meaningless play about halfway through the year I shot it and it looked like Johnny tipped it,” Hickey shared with Sportsnet’s Eric Francis. “He got credit for it. After the game he said, ‘I’m going to change that, I didn’t touch it — that was your point.'”
“If the team isn’t having success and he is, it’s not his fault,” said Jordan Eberle, who only spent a season with Tavares in Long Island. “I’ve never seen him be selfish. (The tweet) was a bit surprising. I was shocked, because I know John and played with him and I think the majority of guys who played with him will say the same thing.”
“The way he takes care of himself and all that — he wanted to be the best. That’s his goal. Everything he did was for the group,” echoed Islanders winger Andrew Ladd. “Nothing but good things from me as a teammate. He’s got a good rep in this room.”

I have no problem with Schremp being criticized for his comments, although they should be taken in context. Schremp played with him during Tavares' first two years in the NHL... he still had a lot of growing up to do. The comments Schremp made were no different than what some on here posted.

My issue is with the bringing up of mental illness... it had no place in the anonymously written story unless the author thought it had something to do with Schremps comments. It was classless to include it.... even moreso when the author didn't attach their name to it.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Otto:

What's in your post zman77 is mostly right in response to Schremp's comment on Tavares, I still however believe the mentioning alone of Robby's mental illness has no business or place in response to his opinioned comment(s) no matter how much we disagree with him.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
All the regulars on this board are wondering why you are low-balling the team like that?

All the guests here realize even last year's hounds missed out on 5 points down the home stretch.

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
NEED HELP...

Not sure who to reach out to regarding KNIGHTS game worn jerseys. Looking for some direction on where to connect with people for KNIGHTS jerseys only. There are soooo many different groups that are filled with other CHL game worns, but looking for our home town KNIGHTS only. I don't know too many people "connected" within this board, I'm just looking to spend some cash and get a good item in return...which doesn't sound unreasonable. Can anyone offer a reply or message me? I like to buy and trade but dont know where to turn. I've owned SEVERAL high end London gamers from Mem Cup win...before the whole fiasco of fake jerseys blew up, so I'm not a newbie...but nothing is moving for Knights gamers. Can anyone help? I'd like to spend some of my own cash on something for ME before my wife spends it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino