London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Another Niagara London rivalry Brock Western second one OUAA playoffs starting tomorrow in St Catharines at the four plex.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
In that case, I hope you guys can beat the Greyhounds one of these years. I think it might make a good rivalry.

The Hounds have 0 OHL titles in this millenium. They haven't played any meaningful series against London in recent years, and they're too far apart geographically. There will never be a rivalry there.

London's legitimate rivals:
- Windsor, Kitchener, Erie

Niagara isn't a real rivalry, their fans just have an irrational hatred for the Knights and we think it's funny.

Last edited:

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The Hounds have 0 OHL titles in this millenium. They haven't played any meaningful series against London in recent years, and they're too far apart geographically. There will never be a rivalry there.

London's legitimate rivals:
- Windsor, Kitchener, Erie

Niagara isn't a real rivalry, their fans just have an irrational hatred for the Knights and we think it's funny.

Too true. who are these Ice Dogs you speak of? Are they canines used in the Arctic or just pets left outside in sub-zero temperatures??
Anyway, it's London's fault that Niagara hates the Knights. It's also London's fault that Trump was elected and that Tom Brady deflated the football. Not to mention London's part in the Black Sox scandal of 1919.
#Cheaters

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
In that case, I hope you guys can beat the Greyhounds one of these years. I think it might make a good rivalry.
That streak won't last... besides I prefer to bask in the glow of championships--ones that occur more frequently than every 26 years (and counting). I can understand, however, that 10 consecutive wins against the Knights must feel like winning the Memorial Cup if you can remember that far back.
#1993 :)

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
That streak won't last... besides I prefer to bask in the glow of championships--ones that occur more frequently than every 26 years (and counting). I can understand, however, that 10 consecutive wins against the Knights must feel like winning the Memorial Cup if you can remember that far back.

I was in college in 1993 and i have had the same job for almost 22 years now so thats a looooooooong time lol

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Allow him to bask in the glory of meaningless regular season winning streaks...very important especially when you consider a chunk of those wins came last year when London was in sell mode and SSM was contending.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Wow, lots of salt in this thread. I was just making a harmless joke. Lose 11 straight and any fan should expect a little ribbing.

Good luck the rest of the season.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mississauga Steelheads top London Knights on Family Day

By Mike Stubbs Reporter 980 CFPL
The Knights got out to a solid start with a pair of goals from Kevin Hancock in the first period, but London assistant coach Rick Steadman said that seemed to spark the Steelheads.
“We started to let them dictate the pace,” Steadman admitted. “By doing that it didn’t allow our (defencemen) to get up and close gaps and they were coming back too quickly on us.
That meant every time they got a chance, it was a great chance.”
The Steelheads erased London’s two-goal lead and then built a two-goal bulge
of their own, which stood into the third period.
London attempted to take advantage of a big opportunity over the last half of the third period when they pulled their goalie on a power play and got a rash of opportunities, first 6-on-4 and then 6-on-3 when the Steelheads took a second minor penalty.
“I thought the guys moved the puck around well and got a couple of big chances on net and (Mississauga goalie) Jacob Ingham came up with a couple of really good saves when we needed the puck to bounce the other way,” said Steadman.
The game was London’s seventh in 11 days as they continue through the busiest stretch on their schedule.
Mississauga Steelheads top London Knights on Family Day

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Dz4XjJTU0AAI3jJ.jpg

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
AOHL Power Rankings (Feb. 20)

1. (⇔)
ottawa_67s.jpg
Ottawa 67’s
(44-9-3-2 | 93 points) last week: 1

LAST WEEK (4-0): 4-2 W over Kingston, 8-1 W Hamilton, 6-3 win Kitchener, 6-3 win North Bay
GAMES THIS WEEK (1): Friday at Kingston
2. (⇑1)
soo_greyhounds.jpeg
SSM Greyhounds (36-12-6-1 | 79 points)
last week: 3

LAST WEEK (1-0-1-0): 4-3 OTL to North Bay, 10-4 win over Sudbury
GAMES THIS WEEK (4): Tuesday vs Sarnia, Thursday at Windsor, Friday at Kitchener, Sunday at Sarnia
3. London Knights (39-10-6-1 | 85 points) last week: 2

LAST WEEK (2-1-1-0): 6-1 W over Guelph, 4-3 OTL to Erie, 8-5 W over Erie, 9-4 L to Mississauga
GAMES THIS WEEK (3): Thursday at Peterborough, Friday vs Hamilton, Sunday vs North Bay
oshawa_generals.jpg
Oshawa Generals (37-18-3-0 | 77 points) last week: 7

LAST WEEK (4-0): 6-3 win over Peterbororugh, 5-4 W over Flint, 5-1 W over Saginaw, 3-2 SOW over Sudbury
GAMES THIS WEEK (2): Friday vs Mississauga, Sunday vs Saginaw
AOHL Power Rankings (Feb. 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->