London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
WAKE UP or go home ...you have 9000+ fans cheering you on....all of London is behind you...you got legacy, histroy on your side...expectations...scouts watching......if you can't get excited to play for the Knights then you don't deserve to play here
Mississauga lost some big boys to Saginaw. It was like flushing a toilet. Mississauga suddenly plays as a team and works hard and wins games. In contrast, London has been crap since their big Senator player returned. There is no room for egos in this game. Champions play as a team. Every player serves a purpose. Right now, Mississauga is a acting like a team. No show boat players on the Steelheads. They have hard working vets and a real outrageously talented rookie defensemen. They are a group of guys that can beat anybody on any given day. Their timing couldn't be better with only a dozen games left. They would be a nightmare right now in the first round of the playoffs. The flames from their fire could torch a city at the moment.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
WAKE UP or go home ...you have 9000+ fans cheering you on....all of London is behind you...you got legacy, histroy on your side...expectations...scouts watching......if you can't get excited to play for the Knights then you don't deserve to play here

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Mississauga lost some big boys to Saginaw. It was like flushing a toilet. Mississauga suddenly plays as a team and works hard and wins games. In contrast, London has been crap since their big Senator player returned. There is no room for egos in this game. Champions play as a team. Every player serves a purpose. Right now, Mississauga is a acting like a team. No show boat players on the Steelheads. They have hard working vets and a real outrageously talented rookie defensemen. They are a group of guys that can beat anybody on any given day. Their timing couldn't be better with only a dozen games left. They would be a nightmare right now in the first round of the playoffs. The flames from their fire could torch a city at the moment.
Same can be said about Erie...big respect to the Otters they WORK HARD!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Wanna hear something funny?? Joey Keane was voted as the best “defensive defensemen” in the Eastern Conference last year. THAT’s WHY HE WAS BROUGT IN. As reinforcements behind the blemishes of Bouchard and Boqvist and their offensive rushes. If we still had Nathan Perrott he would actually be our best defensive d on our team right now lol! Joey get your a$$ back there and start playing defence please!!

He is a D aI have been left wanting more from. Positionally and decision making.
Watching the goals against from this game he was caught badly on more than 1 occassion. Very preventable situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and LDN

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Couldn't agree more. Sit Bouch, Bovqvist, Formo and Keane each for the first period of the next 4 games.

Not happening and not a smart move. All things considered.

I get people are bent outta shape but no coach at any competitive level from MM to NHL would do this lol. Not one. It would cause more harm than good.
The kids will buy in or wont but benching em all wouldnt work.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Missy deserves full credit here.
A team thats been playing well as of late beating some talented teams over the last 2/3 weeks.
London got up early, Missy pushed back, London couldnt answer. Full credit Missy.

This team has enough talent to compete for for Western Conf title. Question is will they buy in as a group, do the things that win games when you dont have the huge talent gap to overcome shortcuts.... Time will tell.
But the short cuts, poor decisions, selfish play, lack of team play, team first mentality has to be addressed.
How....... Up to the staff, but benchimg everyone isnt the answer lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Not happening and not a smart move. All things considered.

I get people are bent outta shape but no coach at any competitive level from MM to NHL would do this lol. Not one. It would cause more harm than good.
The kids will buy in or wont but benching em all wouldnt work.
I’m not saying bench them all at the same time. One game each. Let them ride the pine for 10 minutes to start the game.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I’m not saying bench them all at the same time. One game each. Let them ride the pine for 10 minutes to start the game.

"Couldn't agree more. Sit Bouch, Bovqvist, Formo and Keane each for the first period of the next 4 games"

Ya kinda did say bench them ALL for the next 4 games 1st periods ;)

Regardless of changing the tune to 1 player each game for 10 min to start, it would still be ineffective.
Whats the goal? Why are you where you are? How do you get the buy in?

If you are thinking an NHL drafted 1st rd player will care about missing 3/4 shifts of 1 period in a reg season game.......OK.
Ya gotta communicate the message in a different way. Lots of ways, and each player is different on ehat message delivery may work. For some players nothing will work.

I know it is an extreme example but has Merkley being a healthy scratch and or being benched on more than one team helped his attitude?

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
"Couldn't agree more. Sit Bouch, Bovqvist, Formo and Keane each for the first period of the next 4 games"

Ya kinda did say bench them ALL for the next 4 games 1st periods ;)

Regardless of changing the tune to 1 player each game for 10 min to start, it would still be ineffective.
Whats the goal? Why are you where you are? How do you get the buy in?

If you are thinking an NHL drafted 1st rd player will care about missing 3/4 shifts of 1 period in a reg season game.......OK.
Ya gotta communicate the message in a different way. Lots of ways, and each player is different on ehat message delivery may work. For some players nothing will work.

I know it is an extreme example but has Merkley being a healthy scratch and or being benched on more than one team helped his attitude?
I'm just grasping here. I don't know what the answer is, I just hope Dale does cuz this team is not the same dominant team we saw before the trade deadline.

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Kadri was made a healthy scratch. This is what I was thinking of in regards to Bouchard.

Standing by their man – London Knights

Whether it was his broken jaw costing him a spot on the Canadian world junior team this season or the Knights making him a healthy scratch for one game to prove a point to the rest of the team, they’re there for support.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Kadri was made a healthy scratch. This is what I was thinking of in regards to Bouchard.

Standing by their man – London Knights

Whether it was his broken jaw costing him a spot on the Canadian world junior team this season or the Knights making him a healthy scratch for one game to prove a point to the rest of the team, they’re there for support.

Every situation is different.
Admittedly, Im glad I never have to make these type decisions, cause if I did I side on the sit em out side lol. And I know that wont always work for on ice issues.

Off ice transgressions (preset rules)--- yes sit any player out period)

I just feel from personsl experience its a tough call with no blueprint, as each experience/situation is unique. Its never a one size fits all.

Jr hockey is even tougher than most levels.
Some kids know regardless of team success they are moving on to NHL some know this is it, some move on to University, minor pro in Europe........Just so many dynamics to deal with.

Bottom line is ya need talent and hope they buy into the team firsr. How ya gst there??????

Every situation is different.
Admittedly, Im glad I never have to make these type decisions, cause if I did I side on the sit em out side lol. And I know that wont always work for on ice issues.

Off ice transgressions (preset rules)--- yes sit any player out period)

I just feel from personsl experience its a tough call with no blueprint, as each experience/situation is unique. Its never a one size fits all.

Jr hockey is even tougher than most levels.
Some kids know regardless of team success they are moving on to NHL some know this is it, some move on to University, minor pro in Europe........Just so many dynamics to deal with.

Bottom line is ya need talent and hope they buy into the team firsr. How ya gst there??????
I suggest the Knights bench clip this and post it on the bulletin board in the room
62ba49295e43073a3e1ef85c53bbeecd.jpg

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I suggest the Knights bench clip this and post it on the bulletin board in the room
62ba49295e43073a3e1ef85c53bbeecd.jpg

Pops is a rare breed in a rare situation. I love the attitude, love the coach, love the philosophy.

It has happened in the past here in London ;)

Just cant see it with this group ( too many of them lol)
Change in some players "philosophy" is needed. I agree. Its just a case of how do you get the buy in?? Lots of potential ways.
They either will buy in as a group and make a run or get sent home rd 2.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London Knights is one team with 20 different minds, you don't point fingers and if you have something to say you say it to the 20 minds at once. If it's a one player problem pull the kid aside to settle it away from the rest of the team's ears and eyes. Do not embarrass or punish a player in front of others if you do he will become the escape goat for the other players, it will sends a message for others to start blaming this kid for every other future problems the team will encounter.

Let the kids figuring out each other's attitude and if/when they do they will be stronger as a team as it's a part of gelling together, if your team have good leaders let them lead, as a coach teach them all the technics of the game and be the team controller but treat them as one single unit of 20 minds. If any have read my posts through the years they are sure to recognize these next words; " It's a team game "

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
I'm pretty sure Dale and his staff have seen everything there is to see with elite teenage hockey players. They'll be fine. The leaders will step up and the team will head into the playoffs with a head of steam.
My wife mentioned how many weeks they've had 4 games per, so probably a little tired too.
At the end of the day it's about entertainment for the fans and money for the Hunters. The sun is up today and it will come up tomorrow too.
Cheers everyone!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sean McGurn moved up to second place in team scoring with two goals in the 6-3 St Thomas win over league leading Leamington.

Sean is almost averaging one point a game with 35 points in 38 games - 11 goals 24 assists. At Christmas time he was tenth on the team, he’s really playing well right now both ways. He moved up on the first power play unit, he did score a power play goal against Leamington last night.

Reactions: LDN and zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad