London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Be too novel to put McMichael, Foudy, Dunkley or Stranges on PP1. Pitiful weekend.

Why do that, when you can have both Tymkin and Regula banging away in front of the net?

Not giving Stranges an opportunity to develop on the 1st PP unit is criminal. He's the most offensively creative player on the bench, yet we continue to go with the predictable hands of stone.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mississauga has a very good club.
Aidan Prueter was the 1st Star & Goalie Ingham 2nd Star
Dale will 'right the ship' going into the Play-offs: 5 Games Home & 7 Games Away.
Last 7 Games..........Steelheads Wins include against Ottawa, Niagara Falls and London.
Mississauga Steelheads Play by Play boys are very solid for the Ontario Hockey League.
510Thu, Feb 7MISS3NIAG1FinalGame CentreMeridian Centre
519Fri, Feb 8OTT1MISS2Final SOGame CentreParamount Fine Foods Centre
529Sun, Feb 10WSR2MISS3Final SOGame CentreParamount Fine Foods Centre
535Wed, Feb 13MISS5HAM6Final SOGame CentreFirstOntario Centre
547Fri, Feb 15MISS4KGN1FinalGame CentreLeon's Centre
560Sun, Feb 17MISS4NB3Final OTGame CentreNorth Bay Memorial Gardens
565Mon, Feb 18LDN4MISS9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Dale will 'right the ship' going into the Play-offs: 5 Games Home & 7 Games Away.
Last 7 Games..........Steelheads Wins include against Ottawa, Niagara Falls and London.
Mississauga Steelheads Play by Play boys are as good as any in the Ontario Hockey League.
565Mon, Feb 18LDN4MISS9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Forever the optimist....good on ya, zman!

Reactions: zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Wanna hear something funny?? Joey Keane was voted as the best “defensive defensemen” in the Eastern Conference last year. THAT’s WHY HE WAS BROUGT IN. As reinforcements behind the blemishes of Bouchard and Boqvist and their offensive rushes. If we still had Nathan Perrott he would actually be our best defensive d on our team right now lol! Joey get your a$$ back there and start playing defence please!!

Last edited:

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Mississauga Steelheads Play by Play boys are very solid for the Ontario Hockey League.
565Mon, Feb 18LDN4MISS9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm glad that they embarrassed us because if that doesnt work and get them going then nothing will.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Wanna hear something funny?? Joey Keane was voted as the best “defensive defensemen” in the Eastern Conference last year. THAT’s WHY HE WAS BROUGT IN. As reinforcements behind the blemishes of Bouchard and Boqvist for being their offensive rushes. If we still had Nathan Perrott he would actually be our best defensive d on our team right now lol! Joey get your a$$ back there and start playing defence please!!
if our D plays to its potential we will win the league.....

Reactions: Knights2729

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Mississauga whipped London's butt by a score of 999 to 4

The whole team defensive system is broken, back to basis and the drawing board. Not all is loss and best they go through it now and not in a months' time. I think Dale is not using all his lines to their full potentials he's using only three, their are a lot of good bunch of young talent sittiing and itching for regular shifts and that's just from a couch sitting fan's opinion.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
They say it's better to lose 'em now than in April, but this team looks pathetic right now and has for the better part of a month. They put together one good game out of every 4 it seems. Time to send a message Dale. Your starting lineup in Peterboroough should be Stranges, Evangelista and Panwar with G. Keane and Riley Coome on D

Ironic, isn't it …. The most memorable lines from the past week and half have been 40-17-14 and 40-62-14. Energy. Offensive pressure. Shots on goal. Guys in lanes. Nobody trying to do it all themselves. Fighting for the puck like it means something.

For the most part, kids that haven't been spoiled by automatic ice time.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Ironic, isn't it …. The most memorable lines from the past week and half have been 40-17-14 and 40-62-14. Energy. Offensive pressure. Shots on goal. Guys in lanes. Nobody trying to do it all themselves. Fighting for the puck like it means something.

For the most part, kids that haven't been spoiled by automatic ice time.

Play the 4 rookies and sit someone who has been a slacker, problem is that we dont have enough people to put in for the slackers!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DontEverTouchMyPuck

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
if our D plays to its potential we will win the league.....
Lol. Your d sucks lately. Losing to erie. Eries game in the 3rd period with 4 goals. Mississ whopping of the team today. I get it im a fan to but this team needs much more then what they have..

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Lol. Your d sucks lately. Losing to erie. Eries game in the 3rd period with 4 goals. Mississ whopping of the team today. I get it im a fan to but this team needs much more then what they have..

Yes, they need Lochead back, Perrott back and another forward who can make a play!

Problem is, we've been spending all our time developing our defenders offensive game (which clearly isn't working) while the majority of our forwards rot on the bench.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I wonder what Dave Rook is doing these days?? Anyone care to phone him up and tell him to come back as our goalie coach for 1-3 months??

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I've read your posts, and I have to tell you that I've declared a "national emergency". We need to "build the defence"! "Build the defence!" And, I promised you that Hunter would pay for it.
Wait a second...Whoa nelli!
My apologies, I've bit off more than I can chew. What kind of idiot would declare a "national emergency" when the Knights have only lost 10 games in regulation?
It would clearly be an abuse of my executive power...I should know better.
Let's just hope that the Knights can get their act together.

I've read your posts, and I have to tell you that I've declared a "national emergency". We need to "build the defence"! "Build the defence!" And, I promised you that Hunter would pay for it.
Wait a second...Whoa nelli!
My apologies, I've bit off more than I can chew. What kind of idiot would declare a "national emergency" when the Knights have only lost 10 games in regulation?
It would clearly be an abuse of my executive power...I should know better.
Let's just hope that the Knights can get their act together.
While the recent stretch is by no means the end of the world, it raises eyebrows. They haven't been playing as a team consistently, which is worrisome moving forward. I know past teams have had similar lulls, but the ebbs have certainly outnumbered the flows recently. It's cause for some concern

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Jekyll hyde defense group.

Reactions: LDN

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
They say it's better to lose 'em now than in April, but this team looks pathetic right now and has for the better part of a month. They put together one good game out of every 4 it seems. Time to send a message Dale. Your starting lineup in Peterboroough should be Stranges, Evangelista and Panwar with G. Keane and Riley Coome on D
Couldn't agree more. Sit Bouch, Bovqvist, Formo and Keane each for the first period of the next 4 games.

Reactions: LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
While the recent stretch is by no means the end of the world, it raises eyebrows. They haven't been playing as a team consistently, which is worrisome moving forward. I know past teams have had similar lulls, but the ebbs have certainly outnumbered the flows recently. It's cause for some concern

Right now we are “missing” on several cylinders. Many things need to start to come together, but will the players buy in? Do Bouchard and Formenton and Raymakers etc. have enough personal pride to give a Sh*^<t? It is up to the boys quite frankly. Remember though the players we are talking about as leaders of this group are not Marner, Dvorak, Mete.....No where near as talented in fact. We are in for a dog fight this year even if we do bring it together in time IMO?

Reactions: aresknights

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Right now we are “missing” on several cylinders. Many things need to start to come together, but will the players buy in? Do Bouchard and Formenton and Raymakers etc. have enough personal pride to give a Sh*^<t? It is up to the boys quite frankly. Remember though the players we are talking about as leaders of this group are not Marner, Dvorak, Mete.....No where near as talented in fact. We are in for a dog fight this year even if we do bring it together in time IMO?

Bolded is a good point. Even if they start playing like they care it's a tough road out of the league once you're in the 2nd round.

But if they play like they have the past 10 games? They'll barely be part of the competition.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
WAKE UP or go home ...you have 9000+ fans cheering you on....all of London is behind you...you got legacy, histroy on your side...expectations...scouts watching......if you can't get excited to play for the Knights then you don't deserve to play here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad