London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah okay, the auds replay system isn't the best so I didn't see that. But I'm guessing they were worried about a possible concussion so why wasn't he placed under concussion protocol?
I think the impact startled him more than it did damage. He went down pretty quickly as the Kitchener defender clipped his skate from behind. The trip was the correct call.

Reactions: aresknights

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
There is no guessing which London coach teaches the diving lessons though.

#43 is Hunters star pupil.

Cotter's head did hit the ice.

I won't argue whether or not the calls made against the Rangers were dives or not. The calls may have been light, may have been embellishments, but whatever. It's not the Knight's fault we have inept officials running around this league. There were at least two obvious dives by London players that went uncalled. On each play it was obvious that it had to be either a trip, or a dive. There was no in between. Yet the ref watches and calls nothing.

There is a diving penalty in this league and if our officials are too inept to make the calls, then who can blame Dale for getting his players to dive when there's no deterrent for doing so? Either the ref falls for the dive or he doesn't. If the worst that can happen is no call, then why not continue diving?

Nick Kypreos said that when he and Dale were teammates in Washington, he said that Dale told him that if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin. That's not only regarding diving but regarding every aspect of the game. Anything to get an edge in an opponent.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

I won't argue whether or not the calls made against the Rangers were dives or not. The calls may have been light, may have been embellishments, but whatever. It's not the Knight's fault we have inept officials running around this league. There were at least two obvious dives by London players that went uncalled. On each play it was obvious that it had to be either a trip, or a dive. There was no in between. Yet the ref watches and calls nothing.

There is a diving penalty in this league and if our officials are too inept to make the calls, then who can blame Dale for getting his players to dive when there's no deterrent for doing so? Either the ref falls for the dive or he doesn't. If the worst that can happen is no call, then why not continue diving?

Nick Kypreos said that when he and Dale were teammates in Washington, he said that Dale told him that if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin. That's not only regarding diving but regarding every aspect of the game. Anything to get an edge in an opponent.
Thats Dale for you

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011

I just find it ironic that a London fan made a comment about the Rangers diving when the Knights have been diving as long as I can remember.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights trades pay off, with more dividends to come

Ryan Pyette
Updated: January 13, 2019
KITCHENER – A year ago, the Knights traded away their four best scoring forwards.
Two of the players they received in return – Nathan Dunkley from Kingston and Connor McMichael from Hamilton – have connected for a combined 47 of London’s 182 goals so far this season.
That’s 26 per cent of the club’s offensive output to date.
McMichael had a pair Saturday against Ottawa and Dunkley pulled off the double in a four-goal second period to dump the Rangers 5-2 before 7,003 Sunday afternoon at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium.
The two weapons will be here for years to come.
“We gave up good players (back then),” London coach Dale Hunter said. “The kids came here, trained hard and were ready to play. All those goals stabilize your team and they’re playing well. It really helps a lot. We made those trades to help for the future because we lost (Victor) Mete and (Jesper) Bratt. If they were here, we likely would have went for it again.
“This way, we had to re-adjust and that’s what we did.”
It’s been a stunning success.
“Things are clicking,” said Dunkley, who joined McMichael as the first two Knights here from season’s start with 20 goals. “We’re scoring a lot and hopefully, we keep cashing in.”
“We settled in and started putting our chances away,” Moskal, the 18-year-old centre said. “Dale tends to put our line (with Cole Tymkin and Alex Turko) out at the start of periods a lot. We’re there to set a pace. We’re kind of a hard-working gritty line so that’s what we do. The Ottawa and Saginaw wins were big for us. Dale puts a lot of trust in us against top players and we’re up to that challenge and accept that role.”
Knights trades pay off, with more dividends to come

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Guelph beats Ottawa 8-4, North Bay was 10-0-0-1 in their last 11 and Kingston was 0-7-0-0 in their last 7 and Kingston beats North Bay 2-1 and Sudbury beats Niagara 7-3. Weird day in Hockey Land lol. The Knights play in Barrie Thursday and in Sudbury Friday and in North Bay Sunday. The Sudbury and North Bay games will be tough games so I hope the boys dont take them too lightly.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I just find it ironic that a London fan made a comment about the Rangers diving when the Knights have been diving as long as I can remember.

Diving isn't a London issue or a Kitchener issue. It's an officiating issue. Diving will go on for as long as the officiating allows it to.

Farwell said on the Ranger post game show that he "commended the officials" for not getting sucked in on several obvious dives by the Knights. That's an idiotic statement when if these were obvious dives, there should have been diving penalties assessed. To commend the officials for basically allowing it to go on is just plain dumb.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Guelph beats Ottawa 8-4, North Bay was 10-0-0-1 in their last 11 and Kingston was 0-7-0-0 in their last 7 and Kingston beats North Bay 2-1 and Sudbury beats Niagara 7-3. Weird day in Hockey Land lol The Knights play in Barrie Thursday and in Sudbury Friday and in North Bay Sunday. The Sudbury and North Bay games will be tough games so I hope the boys dont take them too lightly.
Just play good Knights hockey and the rest will take care of its self... I really do like our D group.... Bouchard is an absolute unit who can play any style..Joey Keane is an amazing skater who is fantastic at rushing the puck plays solid in the D zone as well....Boqvist is amazing offensively and has really improved his defence ....Regula is a solid two way guy...Lochead is such an awesome physical presence who plays with so much intensity. He is a UNIT...Coome is a big boy who plays a simple physical game and works well with most of our guys and Gerred Keane is a great skater and his a pretty good sense of how to play. I am sure he is learning a lot this year

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London 5-2 Win over Kitchener
Knights win 3 for 3 games on the weekend.
Boys are plyaing tough checking Play-Off Hockey.
Mark Hunter makes brilliant moves to get Lochead, Cotter, Hancock and Keane.
Knights Stats:
Nathan Dunkley............2 Goals.............+2...............6 Shots............1st Star
Kevin Hancock................2 Assists..........+1................2 Shots.............13/17 FO's.........2nd Star
Billy Moskal.......................1 Goal SH........+1.................2 Shots............14/23 FO's
Evan Bouchard...............1 Assist.............+2................2 Shots
Liam Foudy........................1 Goal 1 Assist....4 Shots
Razor.....................................25 Saves on 27 Shots

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
London 5-2 Win over Kitchener
Knights win 3 for 3 games on the weekend.
Boys are plyaing tough checking Play-Off Hockey.
Mark Hunter makes brilliant moves to get Lochead, Cotter, Hancock and Keane.
Knights Stats:
Nathan Dunkley............2 Goals............+2...............6 Shots............1st Star
Kevin Dunkely.................2 Assists...........+1...............2 Shots...........13/17 FO's.........2nd Star
Billy Moskal.......................1 Goal SH........+1................2 Shots............14/23 FO's
Evan Bouchard...............1 Assist.............+2................2 Shots
Liam Foudy........................1 Goal 1 Assist....4 Shots
Razor.................................25 on 27 Shots
*Hancock

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
But I'm guessing they were worried about a possible concussion so why wasn't he placed under concussion protocol?

Because maybe the assessment on bench didnt warrant it?
Its a tough call. Very tough. One Im very familiar with. Kids health always comes first for the trainers.
You always side on the cautious end of the spectrum. There is a protocol. Specifically set out. Stacey is very aware of it and being in London with the pre eminent head injury resources in Canada at UW and his involvement with it Im sure they followed the protocol according to their assessment.
But I know the Knights staff is very experienced and put the players health and well being up front.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Although I feel that London dives more than other teams you guys are obviously not going to agree with me on that. So might as well let it go.

First time I've seen Stranges play and wow, you could just tell in warmup he is a special player. His edges remind me a lot of Marner and Bracco. Once he gets some more playing time he will be a force to be reckon with. You guys got a good one with him.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Although I feel that London dives more than other teams you guys are obviously not going to agree with me on that. So might as well let it go.

First time I've seen Stranges play and wow, you could just tell in warmup he is a special player. His edges remind me a lot of Marner and Bracco. Once he gets some more playing time he will be a force to be reckon with. You guys got a good one with him.

I feel like we all see things through our own teams glasses, but thats okay its part of being a fan. Knights have always had guys who do whatever it takes to win....just part of being a Knight.

Stranges reminds me of Bracco/Kane/Marner/Debrincat. He is his own player and is very special. I think we will see him take it to another level here before the end of the year...with more playing time I do believe he would be near the top of the rookie scoring race.

Reactions: Hick Leafs Fan

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I feel like we all see things through our own teams glasses, but thats okay its part of being a fan. Knights have always had guys who do whatever it takes to win....just part of being a Knight.

Stranges reminds me of Bracco/Kane/Marner/Debrincat. He is his own player and is very special. I think we will see him take it to another level here before the end of the year...with more playing time I do believe he would be near the top of the rookie scoring race.
RE: Stranges...
Budding star. It would be a mistake to think he's not at the level of other 16 yr old rookies because he has less points. He doesn't get the ice time that Perfetti, Cuylle, Perreault, and others receive. Rarely sees any PP time. Hunter typically leans on his vets. I have no doubt that he'd be among the top rookies in scoring if he equalled the minutes of the leading rookie scorers. That's why I think it's not an accurate way to compare rookies. Next season, with more ice time, Stranges will put up higher numbers than most rookies who currently have more points (not unlike the sophomore season that McMichael is having).

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011

His skating style is so much like Bracco its scary (the way he turns his skates almost like a figure skater) and the way he sees the ice is Marner esque. When he scored today I noticed he made the signal of the monkey off his back, had he not scored for a while?

Reactions: nelli27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad