London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Of course it is a team game...however, if Bouchard gives the puck away on a terrible pass, and the other team scores immediately off of it...that's on Bouchard. I think you can say it's a team game, while still holding particular players accountable. Same for the coaching staff or management or whomever.

We are now back to that one player mistake, are we. Bouchard is being pressure because someone missed his coverage, he has no one to pass the puck to because no one is in position to receive it, he finally cuffs the puck and the opponent goes right by his defending partner and shoot the puck by the goalie. Which one mistake that did not lead to the goal or was it because the coach didn't have the right players on the ice including his goalie. Go ahead coach build your team and teach them not to make errors one player mistake by one player mistake at a time and do include your goalie too, I'll teach my team of skill players how to accept responsibilities and cover up for team mistakes with a whole team at a time.

rukh

Jan 9, 2009
London, Ontario
We are now back to that one player mistake, are we. Bouchard is being pressure because someone missed his coverage, he has no one to pass the puck to because no one is in position to receive it, he finally cuffs the puck and the opponent goes right by his defending partner and shoot the puck by the goalie. Which one mistake that did not lead to the goal or was it because the coach didn't have the right players on the ice including his goalie. Go ahead coach build your team and teach them not to make errors one player mistake by one player mistake at a time and do include your goalie too, I'll teach my team of skill players how to accept responsibilities and cover up for team mistakes with a whole team at a time.

I'm not sure I understand. Don't we all see instances every game where players simply gave the puck away under no pressure whatsoever. Or missed the net on a shot. Or took a lazy penalty. Or didn't get back on defence.

I fully agree you win as a team and you lose as a team, but obviously on any given night there are going to be players that are better than others, or have a better game than others.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I'm not sure I understand. Don't we all see instances every game where players simply gave the puck away under no pressure whatsoever. Or missed the net on a shot. Or took a lazy penalty. Or didn't get back on defence.

I fully agree you win as a team and you lose as a team, but obviously on any given night there are going to be players that are better than others, or have a better game than others.

We did agree to disagree earlier didn’t we not, it’s been interesting conversing with you on to or not to singling out one player on a full team.;) If you don’t mind I will move off this subject and move on, thanks for all the replies though.:thumbu:

Reactions: rukh

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
and leave the best seat in the rink?....never

I don't even go down and visit Nelli when I see he's alone...and we're good friends

You do have 1/2 decent seats ;) Esp now that the camera isnt in your lap.

I gotta go visit Nelli when the better 1/2 isnt there with him. Would be fun to watch a couple periods with one of HFs most articulate. We can talk minor hockey.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Its ok Knights Watcher I am usually in those particular seats right beside you for like 10-11 games a year so ill talk to you lol.. Ill go up and see PP31 too since I know what he actually looks like now lol, he isnt as scary as he can be on here when he is annoyed lol!! :)

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Has anyone been out to see our prospects play? Like Brendan Mairs or Sean McGurn.....I am guessing McGurn will likely be in the mold of the next Moskal although Billy played a few games with the Knights in his 16yr old year. Mairs is doing well for a 16 Yr old in Strathroy with 28 points in 34 games. Does anyone know if Winslow is an NCAA commit? Truscott is committed to U of Michigan. Dowiak is committed to Penn State univ....I think Beljo could be a solid 4th liner next season depending on how things shake out he has 26 points in 33 games for Komoka and is 6'2....No info on Eastwood....Strychaluk is doing well this season for Komoka with 30 points in 32 games RW would also be a good potential 4th liner next season...Labelle is playing Midget and has 39 points in 24 games......no info on the goalies does anyone know who the Knights would be targeting from the prospects to be the Backup G next year?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Has anyone been out to see our prospects play? Like Brendan Mairs or Sean McGurn.....I am guessing McGurn will likely be in the mold of the next Moskal although Billy played a few games with the Knights in his 16yr old year. Mairs is doing well for a 16 Yr old in Strathroy with 28 points in 34 games. Does anyone know if Winslow is an NCAA commit? Truscott is committed to U of Michigan. Dowiak is committed to Penn State univ....I think Beljo could be a solid 4th liner next season depending on how things shake out he has 26 points in 33 games for Komoka and is 6'2....No info on Eastwood....Strychaluk is doing well this season for Komoka with 30 points in 32 games RW would also be a good potential 4th liner next season...Labelle is playing Midget and has 39 points in 24 games......no info on the goalies does anyone know who the Knights would be targeting from the prospects to be the Backup G next year?

Temper expectations on these kids. Not many you have mentioned have much of a future on the LK OHL club. ( just like Pierce was a fav of a coupke on here ;))
Just wont be much room for bodies next year when you factor in all the returnees plus the top couple picks in next years draft.
One or two of the above you have mentioned "may" have a shot if everything falls into place for them perfectly.
McGurn was one was they were high on. We will see how he progresses over the off season.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Temper expectations on these kids. Not many you have mentioned have much of a future on the LK OHL club. ( just like Pierce was a fav of a coupke on here ;))
Just wont be much room for bodies next year when you factor in all the returnees plus the top couple picks in next years draft.
One or two of the above you have mentioned "may" have a shot if everything falls into place for them perfectly.
McGurn was one was they were high on. We will see how he progresses over the off season.
I think they like McGurn for sure...Winslow, Truscott and Dowiak would likely fit in

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Our D will be thin next season...we should push hard to get Vlasic here...Other 01 options will be Skinner, Liam Whittaker (who is signed I believe?), Beck and Fulop...anyone have any idea who will be coming or is it too early?

Reactions: Knights2729

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Well.... this is going to invite the trolls.. again...

I thought the league handled the education packages with each team contributing an equal share?
Not trying to bring the trolls in....
I thought that was the case as well

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OHL still struggling with financial disparity
interesting.....I am sure some of you have read this. I just discovered it..

Do smaller markets drag bigger teams down or do bigger markets pulls smaller teams up ?

The Knights if we all remember weren't always successful at the box office and in the winning column, this team had 3 win season once averaging just under 2400 fans that season and it took them 40 years to make their first trip to the Memorial Cup and winning it. They did not get this successful on the backs of more successful teams, they did it by the hard work of the Hunter brothers and of their partner Basil McCrae. The Knights did not lift their hands out back in those days when the more successful teams like Peterborough and Toronto St Michael's were the cream of the league. They work hard and earned for every bit of their good fortune today. Size of the cities was never an issue back then when smaller cities had success until now, heck Cornwall did win the big cup two years in row with a city 33000 at that time. When laziness takes over and reaching up for hand outs that is when many teams misfortunes starts to change for the worst.

Look at Hamilton a bigger market then London, their history shows it's never been anything near as successful as london and at their box office as well, if they put in the work first top prospects and fans usually follows success of the team and more specifically with the team management's success and not how big the city is

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Do smaller markets drag bigger teams down or do bigger markets pulls smaller teams up ?

The Knights if we all remember weren't always successful at the box office and in the winning column, this team had 3 win season once averaging just under 2400 fans that season and it took them 40 years to make their first trip to the Memorial Cup and winning it. They did not get this successful on the backs of more successful teams, they did it by the hard work of the Hunter brothers and of their partner Basil McCrae. The Knights did not lift their hands out back in those days when the more successful teams like Peterborough and Toronto St Michael's were the cream of the league. They work hard and earned for every bit of their good fortune today. Size of the cities was never an issue back then when smaller cities had success until now, heck Cornwall did win the big cup two years in row with a city 33000 at that time. When laziness takes over and reaching up for hand outs that is when many teams misfortunes starts to change for the worst.

Look at Hamilton a bigger market then London, their history shows it's never been anything near as successful as london and at their box office as well, if they put in the work first top prospects and fans usually follows success of the team and more specifically with the team management's success and not how big the city is
Fastpace just a point on Hamilton. They have a popular CFL team in the Tiger Cats. This takes away from the lure of junior hockey or other local sports. If you look at Missy and the former Battalion team in that area. Demographics plays a role also. Some cities just have more disposable income than others. Just a point. Sorry I butted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad