London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to make an observation here relating back to my comments on how Kooy let in some weak goals against the Sault, and how we could have won that game with better goaltending.....
3 games in 3 days, two against cup contenders, and Raaymakers starts all three.
I think it’s very clear who our starter is...for now, and will be given every opportunity to run with it. That said, Kooy is a very good goaltender and an excellent backup. But those bad angle goals in the Sault game, just wasn’t good....obviously somebody else thought so too.
Kooy is injured...and was actually slated to get a start this weekend. Nice attempt though

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN and shanewalsh

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Gotta hand it to the Knights. Very much a team. Where some teams are more of a collection of talented players, the Knights have talented players that play as a team. They're fast and they don't give the other team much time to make a play.

I thought the Rangers played as well as they could, but the Knights are stronger in net, on D and up front.

Old Watcher

Dec 30, 2018
Gotta hand it to the Knights. Very much a team. Where some teams are more of a collection of talented players, the Knights have talented players that play as a team. They're fast and they don't give the other team much time to make a play.

I thought the Rangers played as well as they could, but the Knights are stronger in net, on D and up front.

The Knights work hard. Always.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Going to make an observation here relating back to my comments on how Kooy let in some weak goals against the Sault, and how we could have won that game with better goaltending.....
3 games in 3 days, two against cup contenders, and Raaymakers starts all three.
I think it’s very clear who our starter is...for now, and will be given every opportunity to run with it. That said, Kooy is a very good goaltender and an excellent backup. But those bad angle goals in the Sault game, just wasn’t good....obviously somebody else thought so too.

If given the crease Kooy would have made an excellent starter this year, there is a very good reason why he's a NHL draftee and Raaymakers isn't.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
5-2 win over Kitchener, just an awesome team and there isn't much else to say, except to say;

The awesome team win "again". !!!

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
replay showed it was a clear trip in front of the net

I am moreso referring to 43 staying down for a good couple of mins to draw the penalty and then was good to go for the power play.

Also it seemed like everytime a stick got anywhere near the skates of a knights player they fell. Defiantly embellished more than a few calls (and non-calls as the refs caught on after a while)

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Bring on Barrie, Sudbury and North Bay as we go on a little road trip! Btw Knights are sitting at 63 points through 40 games 1st place in the Western conference we have three games in hand on Ottawa and are back 1 point from them lets hope we can make that up and get ourselves into 1st place overall soon....Keep rolling take it one game at a time and dont take any team lightly...

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed. Keys in my mind are stay in the 1 seed and hope like hell Guelph passes Saginaw for third in the conference.
They will....way to early but I would predict 1. London 2. SSM 3. Guelph 4 Saginaw 5. Owen Sound 6. Sarnia 7. Windsor 8. Kitchener

Reactions: Knights2729

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Getting home ice advantage is huge...that Tymkin-Moskal-Turko line is a potential game changer if we can get the match ups we want.
True we always need a line like that its nice to have guys who can cycle and play hard hockey...these guys are built for the playoffs...almost would be cool to have them all return next season...I know Turko and Tymkin will be OA's though...

Reactions: KnightsWatch
I am moreso referring to 43 staying down for a good couple of mins to draw the penalty and then was good to go for the power play.

Also it seemed like everytime a stick got anywhere near the skates of a knights player they fell. Defiantly embellished more than a few calls (and non-calls as the refs caught on after a while)
replay also showed on the trip Cotter fell backwards and struck the back of his head on the ice. He went to the bench and came out on the 2nd unit.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
replay also showed on the trip Cotter fell backwards and struck the back of his head on the ice

ah okay, the auds replay system isn't the best so I didn't see that. But I'm guessing they were worried about a possible concussion so why wasn't he placed under concussion protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad