London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbkght77

Oct 12, 2017
Didn’t get a chance to watch/listen to the game...can anyone tell me what the D pairings were?(Thanks in advance)

Will be interesting to see how these guys respond. A couple of losses, big guns gone away. Now is the time for guys like Cotter and Lochead to show some serious leadership.

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
McM will have a sit down tomorrow and a staff will have a handful of video replays to show. Couple high risk passes in own zone and a couple big missed coverages (or lazy, distracted play)
2nd year player, it happens.
I was more surprised on Regulas missed assignment, on Rees off a draw.
Again it happens.

We didnt need this game to logicallly come to the conclusion that LK should/needs to add to its current roster.

Been of the opinion we will be waiting to post christmas trade freeze for any action here.
If it happens sooner, great

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alex Formenton may have lucked out.
Not sure if this quote was before or after the game.

“I try to be as much of a leader as I can and be a character guy and make myself open to any questions,” said Formenton, who suffered a leg injury in the OT session on Wednesday and is doubtful to play in the rematch tonight.
“I’m trying hard to be a leader and lead by example.”

World junior team selection camp: Alexis Lafreniere is learning on the fly

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Was at the game last night. An entertaining game. Half the ice was good, the other half was not so good.

Watching the play in the LK end zone was nerve-wracking. Defensemen were scrambling. Timms was Timms - turnovers, poor passes, missed assignments. Regula is normally better then he was.. But last night, he flat out had a bad game, like his head was in a fog. A lot of uncovered Sting players, poor decisions, slow reactions. With guys being scratched for the flu lately, I wondered if he had too much cough syrup before the game.

I thought there was good movement and cycling in the O-zone. Good plays on entries. So I didn't see a lot to worry about how this team will play the next few weeks offensively.

Cotter's goal was total effort - exactly how he plays. Nelson's goal was the 2nd time in a couple weeks that I've been surprised by how good his shot is.

There was good speed, even without the 2 F's. I just wish some Defensemen would think twice about how they activate. Just because the D have a green light to go, doesn't mean it should be them to carry the puck all the way and enter the O zone. Number of times, they ignored the chance to headman it and instead carried to the blue line only to lose it and get caught up ice.

It really is going to come down to defensive coverage, in my mind. Raays was much better on rebounds last night, but honestly, he should have kissed the posts - Sting hit metal at least 4-5 times.

ScorzyRocks

Dec 13, 2018
Was at the game last night. An entertaining game. Half the ice was good, the other half was not so good.

Watching the play in the LK end zone was nerve-wracking. Defensemen were scrambling. Timms was Timms - turnovers, poor passes, missed assignments. Regula is normally better then he was.. But last night, he flat out had a bad game, like his head was in a fog. A lot of uncovered Sting players, poor decisions, slow reactions. With guys being scratched for the flu lately, I wondered if he had too much cough syrup before the game.

I thought there was good movement and cycling in the O-zone. Good plays on entries. So I didn't see a lot to worry about how this team will play the next few weeks offensively.

Cotter's goal was total effort - exactly how he plays. Nelson's goal was the 2nd time in a couple weeks that I've been surprised by how good his shot is.

There was good speed, even without the 2 F's. I just wish some Defensemen would think twice about how they activate. Just because the D have a green light to go, doesn't mean it should be them to carry the puck all the way and enter the O zone. Number of times, they ignored the chance to headman it and instead carried to the blue line only to lose it and get caught up ice.

It really is going to come down to defensive coverage, in my mind. Raays was much better on rebounds last night, but honestly, he should have kissed the posts - Sting hit metal at least 4-5 times.

ScorzyRocks

Dec 13, 2018
Read what you wrote and I am not sure I agree. I thought Perrott played a good game. Did not see all these turnovers by Timms you talked about and re-watched the game. He actually played well and created a lot of O. I counted one bad pass. Was -2 but was actually on assignment for both goals. Regula struggled which is not regular and Boqvist actually coughed the puck or pinched on numerous times. I thought what really hurt was the untimely penalties we took when momentum had swung our way. The boys have a big game Friday night and that will be fun to watch.

Reactions: zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I actually thought the Knights had a terrible game. The skating was bad, the passing was terrible. Just not an impressive showing at all.

Can anyone tell me when the Knights have played a good game against the Sting? They always seem to be crappy games. Doesn't matter who is in the lineup.

Reactions: hockjock

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Read what you wrote and I am not sure I agree. I thought Perrott played a good game. Did not see all these turnovers by Timms you talked about and re-watched the game. He actually played well and created a lot of O. I counted one bad pass. Was -2 but was actually on assignment for both goals. Regula struggled which is not regular and Boqvist actually coughed the puck or pinched on numerous times. I thought what really hurt was the untimely penalties we took when momentum had swung our way. The boys have a big game Friday night and that will be fun to watch.
Didn’t quite see that last night.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
About the Sarnia game last night.
Two things we need to aknowledge;

One is we can not expect 16 and 17 year old players play like 19 and 20 year olds, even with the best junior hockey system they are bound to miss some assignments and making things more difficult for our goalie and our defensemen.

The other thing is the tireless plays of the Sting would have been hard to contain even with a full team.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Ya know its coming ;) Ill stick with my after Christmas trade freeze post prediction.
( thou it would give us something to chat about ( and others to get wound up about- esp if Flint or Sudbury are involved based on past deals lol)
Knights are no longer permitted to trade with the Wolves :) Go rip somebody else off. Also they better add because personally I don’t see it at this point, but hey that’s only me (and decades of watching hockey). I’ll have my crow with ketchup if I’m wrong :)

You can't read anything into a 5-4 shootout loss with your 3 best players out of the lineup. Nadda,Zip,Zilch

If the Knights now ring off 8 straight with all the rooks and plugs everyone will be back on the "Stand Pat" bandwagon like white on rice

Changes are coming(and yes you'll like them)...sit back..relax..and enjoy the holidays. Ya bunch of freaks

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
You can't read anything into a 5-4 shootout loss with your 3 best players out of the lineup. Nadda,Zip,Zilch

If the Knights now ring off 8 straight with all the rooks and plugs everyone will be back on the "Stand Pat" bandwagon like white on rice

Changes are coming(and yes you'll like them)...sit back..relax..and enjoy the holidays. Ya bunch of freaks

I’m excited for the next couple weeks I’m sure this team will significantly improve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad