London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Well since we only have 2 cards let lol
I think Saigeon and Entwistle would be perfect
Entwistle can play with McMichael and Dunkley

Forwards would look like:

1)Formenton,Saigeon/Cotter,Foudy

2)Dunkley,McMichael,Entwistle

3)Cotter/Saigeon,Moskal,Tymkin

D pairings can be:

Bouchard-Regula

Boqvist-Lochead

Perrott/Keane

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

D pairings can be:

Bouchard-Regula

Boqvist-Lochead

Perrott/Keane
trade whom?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
LDN & Fastpace, what a couple of beauties you two are! Very entertaining stuff...
Trying to convince yourselves that the loss to OS was not that big of a deal. It should be a huge deal, as for weeks you were spouting off about your win streak and how the Knights should just stand pat and there is really no need to "add" because the team was so strong the way it is now. Oh and let's not forget as your thread has also told us that you have the "two most under-rated players" in the league. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the Knights are 2-3 players away from winning anything this year. It is nice though to see that you people have recouped after the Saturday loss and are back to posting every few minutes or so. Things were awful quiet on this thread for a couple of days.

Did you think that we thought they were were going to win every single game for the rest of the year?

I think you should apply some common sense before posting next time.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
LDN & Fastpace, what a couple of beauties you two are! Very entertaining stuff...
Trying to convince yourselves that the loss to OS was not that big of a deal. It should be a huge deal, as for weeks you were spouting off about your win streak and how the Knights should just stand pat and there is really no need to "add" because the team was so strong the way it is now. Oh and let's not forget as your thread has also told us that you have the "two most under-rated players" in the league. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the Knights are 2-3 players away from winning anything this year. It is nice though to see that you people have recouped after the Saturday loss and are back to posting every few minutes or so. Things were awful quiet on this thread for a couple of days.

Friday April 1st 2016 the Knights lost in OT to OS, then ripped off 17 in a row, taking a picture with one cup and hoisting two others.

Checkmate

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Nothing has change, still the same team and still strong, and yes it wasn't a big loss at all it just cost two points the standing that's all.

Reactions: zman77

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

D pairings can be:

Bouchard-Regula

Boqvist-Lochead

Perrott/Keane

No thanks to Saigeon.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

In all honesty, I’m glad we lost because it just refocuses the team. If you win too many in a row, yes skill will give you a chance to win, but the drive to win puts you over the top (as shown all year by the 2005 team) Because their drive to win was unparalleled. As mentioned previously, as soon as OS beat the Knights twice in the 2016 playoffs, players finally understood this was not a given and they put in an effort and drive and rode a 17 game playoffs win streak because of it.

It just brings them back to earth and not Alex Formenton and Evan Bouchard have their first kiss of the season.

PS - I’m still on the Dellandrea train and throw in a Fedor Gordeev and the rights to Joel Farabee. We would probably have to give up Luke Evangelista anyways, so might as well take a chance and acquire him and if he signs an NHL contract this summer, there is a (small) chance he show up.

With Foudy, possibly Dellandrea and Farabee, we could have another deep team.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
If it’s 2 cards only, Suzuki and Phillips.
If they have more than 2, Dellandrea and Gordeev from Flint, and Brazeau from North Bay. Timms will have to go in that scenario.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Can someone tell me, how many games do you have to play to burn an “A” card and we also burn cards when we trade away players., right??

I did the math, so if Vladislav Kolychonok and Lucas Rowe burnt a card then we have 2. If they didn’t by playing their “1 game” we have 4 cards left

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightsWatch

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Though captain Evan Bouchard, Alex Formenton and Liam Foudy are at Canada’s world junior camp in British Columbia, the Knights expect to have Swedish d-man Adam Boqvist in Sarnia Wednesday before he departs for international duty later this week.
The 18-year-old Blackhawks first-rounder is third among OHL defencemen in goal scoring with nine so far. Eight of those have come in the past seven games and he’s on a three-game tally streak.
“I think he has been very good,” London GM Mark Hunter said. “It took some time with the smaller ice surface and he’s adapted to that. More importantly, we knew he had skill, but he’s adapting very well to the culture and being a real good teammate.”
Knights facing biggest test with world junior roster shuffle

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Can someone tell me, how many games do you have to play to burn an “A” card and we also burn cards when we trade away players., right??

I did the math, so if Vladislav Kolychonok and Lucas Rowe burnt a card then we have 2. If they didn’t by playing their “1 game” we have 4 cards left
Not number of games - you can sign a player to an "A" card at the start of the season. Where the number of games comes into play is anyone coming up from JrB for example is limited to 9 games before they must sign an "A" card to play the 10th game and can not be sent back down. Games played during the WJT (now) do not count against the 9 games.
So to answer your question if Koly and Rowe were signed to an "A" at the start of the year then yes card burnt. There is also a "tryout" period at the start of the year that links to the NHL start date so there is a good chance Koly was not signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad