London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Boy Sweden did ok with the Leafs returning 2 AHL defenseman to them for the WJC. I have not really followed the pre- tourney stuff who is favoured this year? I assume Canada is in contention but is there a clear cut favourite this year?
The Americans should be strong

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Boy Sweden did ok with the Leafs returning 2 AHL defenseman to them for the WJC. I have not really followed the pre- tourney stuff who is favoured this year? I assume Canada is in contention but is there a clear cut favourite this year?

Agree Buttsy.
Sweden was very good @ the 2018 WJC. Fast and skilled.
Liam Foudy will make Team Canada because of his speed and skill. imho.

Team Sweden Selection Camp Roster
Goalies:

Samuel Ersson
Adam Åhman
Olle Eriksson Ek

Defence:

Timothy Liljegren.........Toronto Marlies
Rasmus Sandin.............Toronto Marlies

Adam Ginning
Adam Boqvist................London Knights
Nils Lundkvist
Filip Westerlund
Jakob Ragnarsson
Erik Brännström

Forwards:

Fabian Zetterlund
Emil Bemström
David Gustafsson
Jacob Olofsson
Lucas Elvenes
Pontus Holmberg
Rickard Hugg
Filip Hållander
Samuel Fagemo
Johan Södergran
Oskar Bäck
Nils Höglander
Filip Svenningsson
Hugo Leufvenius

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
To reply to Otto on the other thread I just think that when we have Boqvist, Bouchard, Formenton, Foud, Guskov away it will test both our offensive and defensive depth..this is important as depth wins in the playoffs

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Joseph Garreffa:
Off the radar but would fit be a fit with the Knights.
He's small but his speed and puck-handling is high end.
Can play in all situations including Forward, Defence, PK and PP.
Joseph Garreffa

Left Wing -- shoots Left
Born Aug 9 1999 -- Toronto, ONT
Height 5.07 -- Weight 170 [170 cm/77 kg]

2018-19Kitchener RangersOHL28Gms8G22A30Pts0-10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Joseph Garreffa:
Off the radar but would fit be a fit with the Knights.
He's small but his speed and puck-handling is high end.
Can play in all situations including Forward, Defence, PK and PP.
Joseph Garreffa

Left Wing -- shoots Left
Born Aug 9 1999 -- Toronto, ONT
Height 5.07 -- Weight 170 [170 cm/77 kg]

2018-19Kitchener RangersOHL28Gms8G22A30Pts0-10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I like him....but only if he comes at a fair price of course....seems as though most of the posters here believe we should stand pat this season...but I question when will we go for it then? next year? year after? all 3?

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
I like him....but only if he comes at a fair price of course....seems as though most of the posters here believe we should stand pat this season...but I question when will we go for it then? next year? year after? all 3?

You lose to many key pieces after this year. So i believe if significant moves are not made this year then the hunters are just keeping the team compeditive so to keep the fans coming. You all know that this is a business and you must keep people coming to generate $ at the concession stands and souvinier booth. Saying that the Hunters like to win and this year there are not to many teams like last year who can win it all. They will add and will have to use their picks they accumulated and will have to send off a few prospects as well. if no deal is done this week it will be at the deadline.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
You lose to many key pieces after this year. So i believe if significant moves are not made this year then the hunters are just keeping the team compeditive so to keep the fans coming. You all know that this is a business and you must keep people coming to generate $ at the concession stands and souvinier booth. Saying that the Hunters like to win and this year there are not to many teams like last year who can win it all. They will add and will have to use their picks they accumulated and will have to send off a few prospects as well. if no deal is done this week it will be at the deadline.
This has nothing to do with gate attendants. That is not what the organization is concerned with it’s putting the best team possible on the ice. I think they make a move st the deadline for Vilardi. I think Gabe knows it’s a conditioning year for him and his history with injuries. There are few other players that would truly be an improvement over our current top six. We could swap out a bottom pairing d for insurance but other than that we are good to go.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Rumour has it that Ottawa is looking at acquiring Brandon Saigeon, Matthew Strome and Nicolas Mattinen, That should cost them 5 or 6 second round picks.

Leaves us Dellandrea, Morgan Frost, Suzuki or Tippett for our taking if that’s true. I suspect Saginaw will get one, and Guelph may pull the trigger on Villata and Frost because they need a goalie.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Rumour has it that Ottawa is looking at acquiring Brandon Saigeon, Matthew Strome and Nicolas Mattinen, That should cost them 5 or 6 second round picks.

Leaves us Dellandrea, Morgan Frost, Suzuki or Tippett for our taking if that’s true. I suspect Saginaw will get one, and Guelph may pull the trigger on Villata and Frost because they need a goalie.
Good that would mean they wouldnt get Entwistle!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

Interesting rumor, I can see Saigeon /Stome but not sure about Mattinen as we're very deep on D. If we go for one I'd prefer a guy like Durzi/Eliott...puck movers.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

Out of curiosity, where did you see this rumour?

Yes the Knights will lose players to graduation, but you also have to realize the Knights right now have 4 or 5 players that could easily crack most OHL lineups sitting out every game. There is just no spot for them this year because of the numbers game. I've said it before and I'll say it again. As cocky as it may sound...London doesn't rebuild..they reload

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
One thing I will say about maybe getting one player for the long hull, if there is one player that resemble anything like a Drew Larman you can bet Mark is going to get him. (Thank you Sarnia 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad