London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
You can't read anything into a 5-4 shootout loss with your 3 best players out of the lineup. Nadda,Zip,Zilch

If the Knights now ring off 8 straight with all the rooks and plugs everyone will be back on the "Stand Pat" bandwagon like white on rice

Changes are coming(and yes you'll like them)...sit back..relax..and enjoy the holidays. Ya bunch of freaks
No one is reading into anything. Simple statements of the Knights sucked that night is just that, a statement. It’s still a great club that’ll probably win it all this year but it doesn’t change the fact that they stunk against the Sting.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
They also met up with a very outstanding goalie two games in a row. They didn’t play their best and Sarnia played over their heads! NEXT! Ice Mutts will be tough but I think the boys will be flying, just a gut feeling.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
It will be interesting to see what moves Mark makes over the next few weeks because standing pat is not a viable option

As much as I want Mark to go Ty Dellandrea, we all know he’s gonna go off the board and pick someone nobody thought we would consider. That’s how Mark works, he’s so much smarter than any of us. Very rarely does he go after the big name.... so expect the unexpected!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Pyette: Dec. 13, 2018
London Knights feeling Formenton's World Junior injury

By cellphone, Dale Hunter saw the hit that forced Alex Formenton to hobble off the ice in pain at the end of a Canadian world junior exhibition game against university players Wednesday in British Columbia.
Like all the Knights and many hockey fans around the country, he has been holding his breath waiting for a diagnosis.
“We don’t know how bad it is,” the London coach said at the OHL team’s practice Thursday. “You’re hoping it’s just a charley horse, so then it’s only a couple of days and he’s ready to go again.”
Formenton underwent more tests to determine his condition. He is one of two players remaining on the Canadian team who won a gold medal at last year’s tournament.
The Knights were fortunate to have him and captain Evan Bouchard returned by the Senators and Oilers respectively this fall.
It would be a bitter pill to see either of them miss any time with London because of an injury suffered while with Hockey Canada — especially in a relatively meaningless exhibition game. Both are locks to make the roster, anyway.
Pyette: London Knights feeling Formenton's world junior injury

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Knights are no longer permitted to trade with the Wolves :) Go rip somebody else off. Also they better add because personally I don’t see it at this point, but hey that’s only me (and decades of watching hockey). I’ll have my crow with ketchup if I’m wrong :)

Well played. I agree with both your points, as a Wolves fan. Id wanna stay clear as well.

Totally agree, LK needs to add to make a real serious run and have for a while.
Those that dont think London should sacrifice some assets to bolster the roster and shore up a couple "opportunities for improvement"...... I dunno what to say.

Additions will be made

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
As much as I want Mark to go Ty Dellandrea, we all know he’s gonna go off the board and pick someone nobody thought we would consider. That’s how Mark works, he’s so much smarter than any of us. Very rarely does he go after the big name.... so expect the unexpected!

He has gone after some very big names in tbe past.
Have all the big names worked out, nope.
But VandeSompel, Stephens, DelZotto, Tavares, heck all the way back to Wideman n Schremp were all pretty big names.
Mark will pay for who he thinks his club needs, big name or not.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Team Canada veteran Alex Formenton listed day-to-day with leg injury
COLWOOD, B.C. —
One of Canada’s two returning players was on crutches Thursday and awaiting word from doctors about when he can hit the ice again after suffering a leg injury Wednesday in a warm-up game ahead of the world junior hockey tournament.
Forward Alex Formenton tried to cut through the defence on a high-speed rush late in overtime but fell awkwardly and ended up skating to the bench without putting pressure on his right leg.
National team director Shawn Bullock said Formenton is currently listed as day-to-day and no decisions are being made about his future with the team, which starts tournament play on Dec. 26 against Denmark at Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
“I don’t want to get into any type of synopsis that I would be able to share with you,” said Bullock after a team work out at the Q Centre arena. “Our doctors are doing a great job. We’re certainly looking at his right leg and we’ll have a better feel in the future.”
He said team officials have spoken with the 19 year old’s parents, his junior team, the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League, and the NHL’s Ottawa Senators, who drafted Formenton in 2017.
Formenton is viewed as one of the national team’s veteran leaders, said Bullock.
Team Canada veteran Alex Formenton listed day-to-day with leg injury

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Those that dont think London should sacrifice some assets to bolster the roster and shore up a couple "opportunities for improvement"...... I dunno what to say.

Additions will be made

Truer words have not been spoken, the beauty is this year we have a strong base that maybe needs 2-3 pieces rather than a couple of years back when we basically tried to add 1/2 a team! Chemistry will be a little less of a concern this year because of it.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Well played. I agree with both your points, as a Wolves fan. Id wanna stay clear as well.

Totally agree, LK needs to add to make a real serious run and have for a while.

Additions will be made

I have no problem sacrificing assets to improve the team.... I just don't agree with adding 4-5 guys like some people have suggested, and specifically I don't think Suzuki fits the mold of the team.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
and specifically I don't think Suzuki fits the mold of the team.

Curious as to why on Suzuki? Kid being traded to his hometown team with a realistic shot at a Memorial Cup probably in his final year could really seem to potentially pay off? Are you thinking he is just “to big of a piece” that may upset team chemistry? You are not alone more than a few have said this about him, what’s your thoughts behind it?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I get a kick out of reading tweets about team Canada releasing Ty Dellandrea from this year's roster. Some thinks he had no business being invited because he plays for a bad OHL team and others pointing out he's only around the 50th on the CHL scoring chart. As if any of this matter to Canadian brass assembling Team Canada, not easy for any 18 year old centerman gunning for one of four spot drawing from a three league pool across the country, he'll be back.

I watch the game last night and Foudy skated really well and had an assist on Morgan Frost second period PP goal. He did not look out of place but again I think he will be back much for the same reason as Dellandrea, team Canada should look pretty good with both of these OHL centermen on the team next year.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Curious as to why on Suzuki? Kid being traded to his hometown team with a realistic shot at a Memorial Cup probably in his final year could really seem to potentially pay off? Are you thinking he is just “to big of a piece” that may upset team chemistry? You are not alone more than a few have said this about him, what’s your thoughts behind it?

That's part of it, the other part is that the Knights have plenty of offence, no need to bring in a one dimensional player. There are more well rounded players that have been mention that play a grittier style, or more defensive style.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
That's part of it, the other part is that the Knights have plenty of offence, no need to bring in a one dimensional player. There are more well rounded players that have been mention that play a grittier style, or more defensive style.
I think Suzuki"s defensive game is better than others give him credit for. He usually is on the #1 PK for OS. Still not sure he is a fit for the Knights but he can play both sides of the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad