London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Otto; Really? Suzuki is a top player in the league! He "thinks" the game like no other player in this league! You say "one dimensional player", wow you are so mistaken!
I hope, as well as a lot of other fans from OS that if Nick is traded , it would be to any other team but the Knights. You are the same bunch that thinks "Dunkley (9 goals) and Moskal (5 goals) are the leagues two most under rated players"... lol

dino200022

That's part of it, the other part is that the Knights have plenty of offence, no need to bring in a one dimensional player. There are more well rounded players that have been mention that play a grittier style, or more defensive style.

Would love to bring in a guy like Entwiste....Stephens 2.0

Can play both wings and the middle...kill penalties and jump in on the 2nd PP unit..

Reactions: KnightsWatch

dino200022

Otto; Really? Suzuki is a top player in the league! He "thinks" the game like no other player in this league! You say "one dimensional player", wow you are so mistaken!
I hope, as well as a lot of other fans from OS that if Nick is traded , it would be to any other team but the Knights. You are the same bunch that thinks "Dunkley (9 goals) and Moskal (5 goals) are the leagues two most under rated players"... lol

If you can get Suzuki at a decent rate then it might be worth it...but I can only imagine the ransom the Attack would want for him and deservedly so obviously. I just don't think they need a "star" at a ridiculous price to push them over the top...but that is just my opinion

Reactions: KnightsWatch

dino200022

Hopefully Evangelista will get some games in

Out of the "4" 16's he has impressed me the least....he just seems shy to contact up to this point, still early and lots can change.

I like Panwar's game much better then his for what it is worth, digs in the corners and on the wall. Solid speed through the neautral zone and looks to make plays rather then just dump it in or pass it off quickly...the other two are obviously clearly ahead.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

... but you're not biased.....

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Out of the "4" 16's he has impressed me the least....he just seems shy to contact up to this point, still early and lots can change.

I like Panwar's game much better then his for what it is worth, digs in the corners and on the wall. Solid speed through the neautral zone and looks to make plays rather then just dump it in or pass it off quickly...the other two are obviously clearly ahead.

The kid is not shy, he hasn't been playing much, give him five 45-seconds shifts per period he'd be right up there amoung top rookies. But first he must show his willing to pick up the team system and that's a must in Dale's iceland if he wants to slide on it.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
I watch the games on TV and I may be in the minority but I do think Knights need a top forward or two if they want to put themselves in position to win the Robertson and/or Memorial Cup. Whether that is Suzuki, Vilardi or whomever.

I don’t buy that the current forwards and the score by committee approach is a recipe for championship success. The Knights didn’t make any impact moves in 16 but they also had forwards in Marner, Dvorak and Tkachuk who were all on another level compared to this year’s forwards. I also believe a RH shooting forward is important to acquire as they only have one that they use regularly now. Maybe that can change the composition of the PP and help that area of the team.

Even the 05 Knights went out and got Fritsche, and they were something like 32-2 at the time of that trade. Nothing short of a disaster would have stopped that team from at least winning the OHL, with or without Fritsche.

Yes, they were a round two casualty after adding Stephens, Salituro and Vande Sompel in 17. Hindsight is 20/20. Just because it didn’t work out, doesn’t necessarily mean they were the wrong moves at the time.

I’m also not as down on the D as others are. I don’t believe any moves are needed there. It’s just that the Knights are currently choosing not to dress their six best D.

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Biased or not, he’s right. Suzuki is a top 5 forward in the OHL. And a better person off the ice.
He’s exactly what the Knights need.
I could see him go to Guelph too. Are they buyers or sellers now? Addition by subtraction with the Merkley deal?

This isn't the NHL or a video game. The Knights have to literally play their cards wisely. Listen, Suzuki is a heck of a player, I'm not questioning that. As a Habs fan I am very excited that they got him in the deal with Vegas. Why? because he adds something to the Habs that they don't already have. The Knights lack grit right now, that's no secret. If they can get a player to fill more than one role on the team they should do it. The name Ty Dellandrea has been posted here a number of times. This is a player more well suited to what the Knights need today than Suzuki is.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Formentons knee injury looked alot like the one Dvorak had his first year here it cost him his season. I hope its not long term for Formy

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Going with 7 Ds tonight , we shouldn't be surprise if Dale experiment with one or two Ds by filling in that one open spot on the fourth line, maybe one big guy to add some grit and possibly helping out the front of net with the PPs.
I have a feeling this is a showcase game for players to be traded IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad