London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Now, about the Sarnia Game. This one will reveal just how much the depth players have absorbed regarding how to win. The absence of Bouchard, Formenton, Foudy, & Guskov will effectively remove their training wheels, and the feelings of dependancy.
There probably aren't too many OHL teams who lose key players to the WJT as often as the Knights have, and this time frame is always revealing as to the overall strength of the team. Guys who've had limited ice time will be asked to fill in and show what they've got. Those who've benefitted from regular shifts will be expected to step up and exhibit some leadership.I'm sure that game preparation in the room becomes just a bit different than the previous dozen or so games.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Now, about the Sarnia Game. This one will reveal just how much the depth players have absorbed regarding how to win. The absence of Bouchard, Formenton, Foudy, & Guskov will effectively remove their training wheels, and the feelings of dependancy.
There probably aren't too many OHL teams who lose key players to the WJT as often as the Knights have, and this time frame is always revealing as to the overall strength of the team. Guys who've had limited ice time will be asked to fill in and show what they've got. Those who've benefitted from regular shifts will be expected to step up and exhibit some leadership.I'm sure that game preparation in the room becomes just a bit different than the previous dozen or so games.

Sting might be missing their WJC players too.

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
I for one do not expect a big difference in the Knights approach to this game in Sarnis, the system is well in place and it was only four weeks ago Formenton and Bouchard joined the team. What I would like to see though is better start to the game they played in Owen Sound, they'll do just fine with good starts to their games untill the players are back.

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
4-5 shoot out loss to Sarnia, just could not hang on to the lead with under 3 minutes to play and also when they had the 3-1 lead in the second.

We're ready now, lets hear it, we want to know was it the blocker side or the five hole that was Raaymakers weakness tonight, and how come he didn't make the key saves to preserve the leads ? I say if your team in front of you allows your opponents 46 shots on you, that's where I'd start looking first for a weakness, I still believe Kooy is our better goalie.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knight's energy was sporadic throughout the game.
Sarnia outshot London 46-36 and were 0/6 on the Power Play.
Razor played well with 46 shots on net including 21 in the 2nd period.
Stranges did not play much at all in the 3rd period and none at all in OT.
Cotter scored on a highlight reel goal but also didn't see time in the OT period.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
DuP5KJPUwAEnAut.jpg

12 Dec 2018

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It's a daunting task to beat teams with so many key players out of the lineup. But it is what it is, and Sarnia deserved the 2 points.
For the Sting, I thought Rees was their best player. Hugo is a Knights' killer. Bored? Look up #46's stats against London!
Nelson was our best player. Although McMichael scored, he didn't have his usual strong game; turned the puck over--something that he doesn't do very often.
On a positive note, Panwar looked good, nice assist on Keane's goal (speaking of rookies).
On Sarnia's tying goal late in the 3rd, I think it was Timms who failed to contain (tie up) Rees behind the net. Rees got possession of the puck, skated out from behind the net, got a shot off, and Hugo scored on the rebound.
Perrott was fine--no signs of rust.
Stranges finally stopped on the shootout; now 3 for 4.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
It's a daunting task to beat teams with so many key players out of the lineup. But it is what it is, and Sarnia deserved the 2 points.
For the Sting, I thought Rees was their best player. Hugo is a Knights' killer. Bored? Look up #46's stats against London!
Nelson was our best player. Although McMichael scored, he didn't have his usual strong game; turned the puck over--something that he doesn't do very often.
On a positive note, Panwar looked good, nice assist on Keane's goal (speaking of rookies).
On Sarnia's tying goal late in the 3rd, I think it was Timms who failed to contain (tie up) Rees behind the net. Rees got possession of the puck, skated out from behind the net, got a shot off, and Hugo scored on the rebound.
Perrott was fine--no signs of rust.
Stranges finally stopped on the shootout; now 3 for 4.

Nice assessment Nelli............as always!
Impressed with Nelson. His snap shot is lethal and was the 1st Knight's goal.
Keane also scored on a quick shot in the slot. Young guys have plenty of skill.
Boqvist was not sharp tonight and had many give-aways including the 4th goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
4-5 shoot out loss to Sarnia, just could not hang on to the lead with under 3 minutes to play and also when they had the 3-1 lead in the second.

We're ready now, lets hear it, we want to know was it the blocker side or the five hole that was Raaymakers weakness tonight, and how come he didn't make the key saves to preserve the leads ? I say if your team in front of you allows your opponents 46 shots on you, that's where I'd start looking first for a weakness, I still believe Kooy is our better goalie.

Not the best game from Rayzor. No excuses but IMO if Kooy is in net tonight the game is lost in regulation. Too many defensive errors and the team looked like it was waiting for someone to take the reins, a la Bouchard, which never happened. Like what I saw from some of the rookies, but strange (pardon the pun) not to see Antonio on the ice too much in the 3rd. Tough game coming up Friday against the Ice Dogs....a much better team than Sarnia. Hope the Knights can make some adjustments and tighten up in the defensive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->