London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
World junior a dream come true for Knights captain

Ryan Pyette
Updated: December 3, 2018

Evan Bouchard was in a familiar spot when he was named to Hockey Canada’s world junior selection camp roster Monday afternoon.
He watched the announcement in the Knights dressing room – despite a scheduled off day for the hottest team in the Ontario Hockey League.
“Being able to play in it would be really special,” the London captain said. “Everyone dreams of playing in it. You think of it as a kid and watch the event for years growing up.”
The 19-year-old Oilers first-rounder is an obvious frontrunner to play a big role on Canada’s blue-line in Vancouver and Victoria later this month. He won’t be going through the process alone. Knights forwards Alex Formenton, a Senators prospect, and Blue Jackets property Liam Foudy were among the 34 players invited to the camp Dec. 10-14 in Victoria, B.C.
“It’s exciting, not just for myself, but that Alex and Liam are going as well,” Bouchard said.
This hat trick is nothing new for London.
Formenton was part of last year’s gold-medal team along with Robert Thomas and Victor Mete, who was loaned to the national junior program by the Montreal Canadiens for the tournament.
Bouchard won a gold medal at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, but his under-18 team failed to come home with any hardware.
He has redemption on his mid.
“The world junior camp will be a little different than under-17s and that stuff,” he said. “It’s obviously a little more intense and should be a grind. It should be a good time.”
Bouchard and Formenton appeared in nine NHL games each this fall – and both scored their first big-league goal. They have victories in all 11 games they have played with London since their return as part of the Knights’ current 14-game winning streak.
Bouchard has five goals and 15 points with a plus-20 rating already, while Formenton, one of the two returning players to Canadian camp, has seven goals and 14 points in the last month.
Foudy is still 18 years old and eligible to play in the tournament
“That time in the NHL helps a lot,” Bouchard said. “You go from playing against pros and it makes it that much easier. It feels good to be back with the guys in London again. We have a really strong team this year and all of it helps with the success we’ve had individually and as a group.”
The final roster is expected to be named Dec. 14. Team Canada will play three exhibition games and open the 2019 tournament Boxing Day against Denmark in Vancouver.
https://lfpress.com/sports/hockey/junior-hockey/world-junior-a-dream-come-true-for-knights-captain

Reactions: Fastpace

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
IMO, I just don't think Hayton would be happy with second or third line minutes.
Not sure where you are getting this from, but this is the opposite from my experience. This kid is the consummate professional, always willing to put in the work, play the role his coaches have assigned, learn from everyone around him, super humble, soft spoken, leading by example, etc. etc. etc. I can not say enough good things about this player in particular. Don't take my word for it, go back to the coaches (SSM, Coyotes, etc.) and see what they said about him.

This guy is also grittier than you give him credit for, a true role player. He is not simply another hired gun. He always gets the other teams' top line, and not only shuts them down, but gets under their skin, generates plenty of offense, and draws penalties to boot. He is constantly being compared to Patrice Bergeron if that gives you an idea.

I don't want to take anything away from Dellandrea or any of the other players available out there, but Hayton is a complete player, a role player, full of intangibles that make his game and his team greater than just his stats. I understand if you are limited with resources and are looking for a 2 year window, but you may regret not pulling the trigger if you end up lining up against him come May.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Not sure where you are getting this from, but this is the opposite from my experience. This kid is the consummate professional, always willing to put in the work, play the role his coaches have assigned, learn from everyone around him, super humble, soft spoken, leading by example, etc. etc. etc. I can not say enough good things about this player in particular. Don't take my word for it, go back to the coaches (SSM, Coyotes, etc.) and see what they said about him.

This guy is also grittier than you give him credit for, a true role player. He is not simply another hired gun. He always gets the other teams' top line, and not only shuts them down, but gets under their skin, generates plenty of offense, and draws penalties to boot. He is constantly being compared to Patrice Bergeron if that gives you an idea.

I don't want to take anything away from Dellandrea or any of the other players available out there, but Hayton is a complete player, a role player, full of intangibles that make his game and his team greater than just his stats. I understand if you are limited with resources and are looking for a 2 year window, but you may regret not pulling the trigger if you end up lining up against him come May.
No truer words have been spoken.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018

I'm sure he's a great kid, great teammate, etc, and I never said he wasn't. Just not sure he would fit in here as well as Ty. That being said, for the right price I would love for both to suit up in the Green and Gold.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
7156.jpg

Gabriel Vilardi
Centre
Kingston Frontenacs
Shoots: Right
Height: 6.03
Weight: 207
Birthdate: 1999-08-16
Hometown: Kingston, ON
Draft:
NHL - LA (2017) Round: 1 (#11)
OHL - WSR (2015) Round: 1 (#2)

LOS ANGELES --Aug., 31, 2018

Gabriel Vilardi, the Los Angeles Kings' top prospect, is not expected to participate in rookie camp next month because of a chronic back injury and could miss the start of training camp the following week.
The 19-year-old center, the No. 11 pick in the 2017 NHL Draft, had a setback in July while training for the World Junior Summer Showcase in Kamloops, British Columbia, Kings general manager Rob Blake said Thursday.
Rookie camp begins Sept. 7. It's not known if Vilardi, who is expected to challenge for a roster spot with Los Angeles this season, will be healthy enough for the start of training camp Sept. 14, Blake said.
"We hope he progresses well enough to step in at main camp, but … it's going to be on a day-to-day thing now," Blake said following an event for Kings season ticket holders.
Vilardi's injury forced him to miss development camp, rookie camp and training camp in 2017 and kept him from playing for Kingston of the Ontario Hockey League until January.
"He's got a back injury he needs to take care of all the time," Blake said. "I touched a little bit on the maintenance aspect, and for us getting that understanding through to him that, 'You're going to have to work on this every single day just so there's no setbacks.'
"When he's healthy and playing, he's great, but we need him training in the summer rather than rehabbing. And we were doing good here, and then he had that setback before the [World Junior Summer Showcase], and that's what we've been battling back from."
Vilardi could miss start of Kings training camp with back injury

Reactions: LDN

tbkght77

Oct 12, 2017
I like Dellandrea as a top 6F and Cole Fraser on D, as suggested by PP31.

If we could somehow open up a OA spot, wouldn’t mind seeing Howdeshell. Bigger bodied OA winger(rhs). Would add some more scoring and size on the 3rd line. But don’t see us ditching Timms/Raay, so not gonna happen.

Will be interesting to see what the Hunters decide to do...could be something out of left field that nobody could predict. Im quite sure they are not seeking advice from me!!

This is always a fun time of the year. Especially when your team is on a roll!

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Now that depietro has moved to Ottawa. As a generals fan , we should sell.

Does London have any interest in Jack Studnicka? Complete package player that plays both ends the right way.

Just thinking if Roger Hunt is now on the phones looking to sell now and I figure now it between London, Ottawa, niagara for the league.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Egor Afanasyev.............Muskegon Lumberjacks
11Egor AfanasyevL19Gms11G15A26Pts8112001-01-2317Moscow, Russia6.02190
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Apparently London was in the bidding.

I didn't want to spend assets on DiPietro anyways. Rather use them on a forward.

Where does it say that?? They would be stupid not to, but it’s not a big area of concern so I doubt they put in a big offer at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese