London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegill

Dec 30, 2009
was it ever official what we got for Rowe ??? a third and 2 seconds or just a 3rd

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Am I missing something, why would London be in the bidding for DiPietro? He's really good but Kooy can get the job done, no?

I expect it's routine for the Hunter's to "be in" on everyone. Best way to know prices and could also drive prices up so your division rivals don't get prized pieces.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So far would you say Guskov has been as advertised as a high 1st round pick in his NHL draft year?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So far would you say Guskov has been as advertised as a high 1st round pick in his NHL draft year?

He plays a good two game and he's overall been a solid addition. I don't think he's expected to go in the top 10/15 at the moment.

Probably a late 1st to mid 2nd, but he might have another offensive gear he hasn't yet shown.

No to your trade proposal though. Value is fine but Guskov will be here for 2-3 years.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Glad Windsor didnt bank that star 01/02 and 5 plus 2nd rounders for DPi. Who knows thou, maybe they strike gold with the player if he signs.
After moving Luchuk/Brown/Day/Vilardi/DiPi they are still a bit short on young talent n picks for what they moved, JMO.
Cuylle and still have holes in the pick cupboard. Im sure Um missing a player or 2. (Douglas?)
Thou a Vilardi return helps out with a couple 2nds. (And the player mentioned above) Thats goung to be the difference IMO between a meh return over the 2 yr sell off and a good one.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

I love the kids game so far. Plays the right way. Id be patient with the offensive output considering the situation. ( import, rookie ect....)
But Id guess, as others have bottom third 1st rd/2nd round.
Might be tough to add to his scoring pace if another F is added. It may drop him down the lineup this year with little PP time.

But I really like his game

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I love the kids game so far. Plays the right way. Id be patient with the offensive output considering the situation. ( import, rookie ect....)
But Id guess, as others have bottom third 1st rd/2nd round.
Might be tough to add to his scoring pace if another F is added. It may drop him down the lineup this year with little PP time.

But I really his game

That was the basis of my Studnicka+Eggenberger for Guskov+a D+picks mock trade idea

Dec. 4WSRMichael DiPietro
WSR 4 2020
KGN 2 2024
OTTEgor Afanasyev
OTT 2 2019
LDN 2 2021
OTT 2 2022
OTT 2 2023
OTT 2 2021*
OTT 3 2021*
OTT 3 2022*
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
When you break it down that really isn't eye popping for a goaltender of DiPietro's caliber. Three of the picks are conditional to Afanasyev reporting

Soooo DiPietro is out of the conference which is fine with me and we already know that we can beat him consistently so if we play Ottawa in the Finals that really isnt that scary to us right??? lol
DiPietro has never been in London's head. Not saying the kid isn't capable of stealing games on his own, but London's track record against him speaks for itself. Adam Dennis on the other hand was able to steal an entire series on his own, thus the reason we paid the price to get him in 04-05. Hunter knew there was one player capable of upsetting the apple cart.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
DiPietro has never been in London's head. Not saying the kid isn't capable of stealing games on his own, but London's track record against him speaks for itself. Adam Dennis on the other hand was able to steal an entire series on his own, thus the reason we paid the price to get him in 04-05. Hunter knew there was one player capable of upsetting the apple cart.

Exactly, he’s capable of taking his team to a Game 7, but as witnessed in 2017, he’s definitely beatable.. Suzuki or Dellandrea is still needed to keep up with the 67’s especially if Travis Barron returns and they acquire Brandon Saigeon.

This year reminds me of 2005-2006. This might be Ottawa’s year, although I wouldn’t count us out.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cool so its our move now....if we are truly going for it this season what should we do that will put us ahead of Ottawa?
I would say they have us beat on offence and goaltending, but we have them beat on D.....Make your move Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->