London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Are we back on ? I mean, do we have our London board back from hating hijackers ?

I don't mind having hockey talks among knowledgeable hockey fans from other team boards, even having little funs with them sometime, but even a smart hockey fan know to stop when his discussions are getting nowhere.

What is everyones thoughts on lines for Friday ?
I dropped mine a little while back but it kinda lost while one of our visitors was dancing in circles

Shaping up nicely

top 9/10(Dunkley/Cotter/Foudy/Moskal are your natural C's)

Guskov/Dunkley/McMichael
Foudy/Cotter/Formenton
Tymkin/Moskal/Turko/Stranges(Nelson)

Bottom 5/6
Duhart/Popov/Nelson(Stranges)
Evangelista/Panwar

still a move coming at forward I believe, the bottom 5/6 are interchangeable right now with Stranges drawing top 9 minutes most nights

D looks solid

Bouchard/Regula
Boqvist/Lochead
Perrott/Timms
Coome/Keane/Golden

Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
If we could land one 'big fish' up front, then I think we'd be in a good place.
Brazeau? Dellandrea? Suzuki?
Ottawa, Guelph, etc...have good teams that will only get better with trades.
Sounds like Mark is going to sit back for now, observe, and then deal.

Reactions: LDN and zman77
If we could land one 'big fish' up front, then I think we'd be in a good place.
Brazeau? Dellandrea? Suzuki?
Ottawa, Guelph, etc...have good teams that will only get better with trades.
Sounds like Mark is going to sit back for now, observe, and then deal.
Dellandrea wants out...so does Robertson in Kingston

They'll both be costly

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
The Knights did recently aquire some picks while they can't trade them for Dellandrea they could use some of the others in the cupboard and consider those replacements

Reactions: zman77

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Going to be a good game this Saturday afternoon,

Guelph is abysmal on the road but a solid 7-1-1 on the year at home with their only regulation loss at home being the second game of the season.

Looking forward to that Sportsnet game.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What the Knights are missing up front are good RH shots, they only have two at the moment (Tymkin and Evangelista). That kind of limits some designed plays especially on the PPs , unless Dale has plans on moving a RD on some of those plays when there is a need, perhaps big Alec Regula on PPs and Boqvist when they need a goal in close games. IMHO

Maybe someone has other suggestions

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
What the Knights are missing up front are good RH shots, they only have two at the moment (Tymkin and Evangelista). That kind of limits some designed plays especially on the PPs , unless Dale has plans on moving a RD on some of those plays when there is a need, perhaps big Alec Regula on PPs and Boqvist when they need a goal in close games. IMHO

Maybe someone has other suggestions

Owen Tippett is ideally the perfect fit for the London Knights.

Wicked Shot, extremely talented.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Owen Tippett:
6' 2"..........202 lbs.
RW...........Right Shot

“Arguably the best shot in the 2017 draft class, Tippett is a pure goal scorer. He has a lethal shot, it is quick, hard, and accurate and he is able to disguise his release very well. Besides taking a high volume of shots, Tippett is also a big player that uses his size, each and strength to protect the puck, win board battles and provide a strong net presence. The other asset to his game is his above average skating, his breakaway speed and acceleration gives him separation ability and like all components of his game he uses all his skill to support his goal scoring tendency.” – Peter Harling, Dobber Prospects

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Owen Tippett is ideally the perfect fit for the London Knights.

Wicked Shot, extremely talented.

I’ve been saying Owen Tippett for at least a month and a half. How electric would that line be of Formenton, Foudy and Tippett?? They would be flying! Steelheads are making a run for it though, so a deal like that will have to wait until before Christmas. I guess the only way Mark doesn’t go for a guy like Tippett and goes for Robertson, is knowing he’s got two extremely talented right hand defenseman that are right handed and not afraid to join the rush and act like forwards.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Can’t see Tippett being traded with how well the Steelies are doing. I still say wait and see what happens with Vilardi. The Knights could go huge with a Vilardi/Robertson blockbuster. They have the assets to pull it off. Or a smart move would be to pick up an 18 year old for a 2 year run. Not sure who would be available that fits that bill. Dellandrea maybe?

Reactions: LDN and zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I dropped mine a little while back but it kinda lost while one of our visitors was dancing in circles

Shaping up nicely

top 9/10(Dunkley/Cotter/Foudy/Moskal are your natural C's)

Guskov/Dunkley/McMichael
Foudy/Cotter/Formenton
Tymkin/Moskal/Turko/Stranges(Nelson)

Bottom 5/6
Duhart/Popov/Nelson(Stranges)
Evangelista/Panwar

still a move coming at forward I believe, the bottom 5/6 are interchangeable right now with Stranges drawing top 9 minutes most nights

D looks solid

Bouchard/Regula
Boqvist/Lochead
Perrott/Timms
Coome/Keane/Golden

My lineup would be:

Dunkley-McMichael-Guskov
Cotter-Foudy-Formenton
Stranges-Moskal-Tymkin
Popov-Turko-Nelson/Evangelista/Nelson/Panwar/Duhart

Bouchard-Regula
Boqvist-Lochead
Timms-Perrott/Golden/Keane/Coome

4th line and 3rd pair D are both pretty interchangeable

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If there is anything we can do to add to our D core right now its add Alex Vlasic (6'6" 192lb) committed to Boston University and also rated for the first round...he is a guy who would probably be smart to take the OHL route as he is NHL size(just needs to fill out) so if he played in the OHL he would likely look to make it quicker....

Also Alex Turcotte at eliteprospects.com would be an exciting guy to ask Saginaw about acquiring his rights.....he is likely a top 15 pick in the coming NHL draft

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If Cotter is a hit I could see this team standing pat.
I see your point cause if they stand pat they are pretty solid again next season with Foudy(likely), Dunkley, McMichael, Guskov, Stranges, Moskal, Tymkin(OA),Turko(OA),Evangelista, Panwar, Duhart, Nelson(OA) all as potential returning forwards and
Boqvist(Not likely), Regula, Perrott, Coome(OA), Golden (OA), Keane on D with Kooy in Net....really just would need to add a dman or two and another star forward.... I bolded my picks for OA's

If we really wanna go into the future we could go to the year after and we would have
Dunkley(OA), McMichael, Guskov, Stranges, Moskal(OA), Evangelista, Panwar, Duhart, Popov (OA) at forward
Perrott and Keane on D So would really need to add some D and a starting goalie....but this is thinking way into the future...lots of time to figure that out

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Christ we'd have haters slamming the living hell out of us. It is not our
T of y
The r

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
If there is anything we can do to add to our D core right now its add Alex Vlasic (6'6" 192lb) committed to Boston University and also rated for the first round...he is a guy who would probably be smart to take the OHL route as he is NHL size(just needs to fill out) so if he played in the OHL he would likely look to make it quicker....

Also Alex Turcotte at eliteprospects.com would be an exciting guy to ask Saginaw about acquiring his rights.....he is likely a top 15 pick in the coming NHL draft

If Vlasic joined the knights (i highly doubt this happens) this board would have a massive melt down

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad