London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
It’s a two horse race now, I really think we need to wait till the deadline and get Vilardi. My second choice would be Brazeau. No other additions after that just move out bodies that need PT

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
It’s a two horse race now, I really think we need to wait till the deadline and get Vilardi. My second choice would be Brazeau. No other additions after that just move out bodies that need PT
If Vilardi makes his way back to the O, assuming he still has an NTC, Ottawa may have a slight edge being that he is from Kingston.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
We should look at doing:
-an all conditional picks trade with Kingston for Vilardi (prior to the WJC)
-Timms+ for Brazeau/Howdeshell or Sambrook
-Golden to Kingston/Hamilton/Guelph/Kitchener (school purposes he probably needs to be near a good university)
-Popov for picks or a young D
-Nelson for picks
-Picks + Duhart/Evangelista for Dellandria & Maybe Gordeev or Hayton

Reactions: KnightsWatch

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Interesting to consider the various possibilities. Hunter is no stranger to 'one stop shopping' so Flint (Ty D./Gordeev) might make a good trade partner (again). :naughty:

I like the thought of acquiring Tippett--sniper who would make our PP lethal.
But Frost is still #1 on my list.
Then one reliable defensive d-man.
Have to wait one month to find out...

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Interesting to consider the various possibilities. Hunter is no stranger to 'one stop shopping' so Flint (Ty D./Gordeev) might make a good trade partner (again). :naughty:

I like the thought of acquiring Tippett--sniper who would make our PP lethal.
But Frost is still #1 on my list.
Then one reliable defensive d-man.
Have to wait one month to find out...

I like the Flint possibility as both could be back next year as well. Plus Gordeev is a big boy, although Flint fans make it seem he’s not so good defensively. Don’t want another one of those types unless Timms gets moved.
I feel like Frost is too similar to what the Knights already have.
Go for 1 big rental (Vilardi) and 1 guy who could be back (Dellandrea)

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Kooy/Raay is working just fine for now. Its all good now for them and the team, and will work itself out when its needed.
I'm shaking my head at the mindset of some people. Posts here wanting to add 3 to 5 more bodies. People think the Knights must fo something to combat an Ottawa team that beat London 2-1 in overtime with the knights missing 3 of their best players and just acquired a goalie the Knights have beaten.... makes .no sense

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Fedor Gordeev

Defense -- shoots Left
Born Jan 27 1999 -- Toronto, ONT
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 6.07 -- Weight 224

Drafted by
Toronto Maple Leafs
Round 5 #141 overall 2017 NHL Entry Draft
As a late selection in the 2017 NHL Draft, chances are you’ve yet to discern a considerable amount of information regarding Fedor Gordeev. However, if there is one thing well-known about Gordeev, it is his immense size.
Standing 6-foot-6 and weighing in at 215-pounds, Gordeev is an incredibly intimidating defender who uses his size to his advantage. Capable of protecting the puck from opposing players with ease before bulldozing his way up the ice, Gordeev plays a strong two-way game defined by deft scoring touch and defensive responsibility.
However, there is far more to Gordeev’s game than simply his size. Blessed with soft hands and excellent vision, Gordeev fires crisp breakout passes with ease and, as a result, facilitates strong transition play for him and his teammates. Further, given his raw strength, Gordeev boasts a strong shot and one which he is capable of placing on goal through the thickest traffic.
Quiet in his game yet bursting at the seams with untapped potential, Gordeev will be an interesting Leafs prospect to watch in the coming years given his towering frame, excellent skating, and undervalued potential. Currently skating with the Flint Firebirds of the OHL, Gordeev has the ability to play an additional two seasons in Flint before jumping to the professional ranks.
https://thehockeywriters.com/maple-leafs-surging-prospects/
2018-19Flint FirebirdsOHL25Gms3G13A16Pts35PIMs-9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: KnightsWatch

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I like the Flint possibility as both could be back next year as well. Plus Gordeev is a big boy, although Flint fans make it seem he’s not so good defensively. Don’t want another one of those types unless Timms gets moved.
I feel like Frost is too similar to what the Knights already have.
Go for 1 big rental (Vilardi) and 1 guy who could be back (Dellandrea)

I think the big thing we need is a legit playmaker and a creative one at that. As we all know, Foudy doesn’t pass, and Formenton can, but Ottawa has given him the mission of learning how to “finish” as he had trouble with that in the NHL. I’m all for Ty Dellandrea and have been for awhile, but he plays the same style as Paul Cotter. Plays well in all three zones and has a high compete level and work ethic. To me, that also eliminates Barrett Hayton. Still on board with Ty Dellandrea and Fedor Gordeev, but if the price is too much, there are other good options.

LDN - Owen Tippett

MISS - Sergey Popov, Jacob Golden, and 3 second round picks and and 2 conditional third round picks.

LDN - Morgan Frost, Anthony DeMeo

SSM - Dalton Duhart, Andrew Perrott, 4 second round picks and 3 third rounds picks.

LDN - Ty Dellandrea, Fedor Gordeev

FLN - Dalton Duhart, Luke Evangelista, Jacob Golden, 4 second round picks (one conditional) 2 third round picks (one conditional)

LDN - Nick Suzuki, Markus Phillips

OS - Sergey Popov, Andrew Perrott, and 4 second round picks, 3 third round picks.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I'm shaking my head at the mindset of some people. Posts here wanting to add 3 to 5 more bodies. People think the Knights must fo something to combat an Ottawa team that beat London 2-1 in overtime with the knights missing 3 of their best players and just acquired a goalie the Knights have beaten.... makes .no sense
you think stand pat?

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Off topic. For a good laugh head on over to the Ice Dogs forum and read some of the posts. Their fans are so obsessed with beating London it's laughable. Constant complaining....here is a direct example from one of their fans... "going to the game Dec14 in London; where is the kettle to drop donations for the goal judges, timekeepers and refs to "keep it fair?" is a few grand considered appropriate? or should we drop more to avoid a phantom penalty call in the third period of a tie game? just axin'."
What a hoot! If he so wishes, he could drop off a few thousand at my seats and I'll make darn sure the game is played and adjudicated fairly. :naughty::popcorn::D

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Off topic. For a good laugh head on over to the Ice Dogs forum and read some of the posts. Their fans are so obsessed with beating London it's laughable. Constant complaining....here is a direct example from one of their fans... "going to the game Dec14 in London; where is the kettle to drop donations for the goal judges, timekeepers and refs to "keep it fair?" is a few grand considered appropriate? or should we drop more to avoid a phantom penalty call in the third period of a tie game? just axin'."
What a hoot! If he so wishes, he could drop off a few thousand at my seats and I'll make darn sure the game is played and adjudicated fairly. :naughty::popcorn::D

Niagara wont have to worry about London because they wont get past Ottawa any way lol

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016

Forgot to Drop Mic
Laughable that board. Except for Fishfan51 he is all there .

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
DtmYxdJVsAASzZY.jpg

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
At the end of this, I say wait until Ottawa shows there hand and decides to go in on their players that they want. They still have 8 second round picks from 2019-2021 even after the Michael DiPietro trade, so it means they wanna go for it this year and next so let them go after who they want and as everyone knows, there is some options with only 2 contenders for the OHL title and 4 other darkhorses.

Let them go get Saigeon and whatever else they want, and then pick up the guys you want that’s left for a lesser price...

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Minor Midget Rankings for the 2018 OHL Cup powered by Under Armour – Week 3
RANKTEAMLEAGUELAST WEEKWEEKS RANKED
1Don Mills FlyersGTHL13
2Toronto MarlborosGTHL23
3Whitby WildcatsOMHA33
4Toronto Young NationalsGTHL43
5Mississauga RebelsGTHL53
6Toronto Red WingsGTHL73
7Brantford 99’ersALLIANCE63
8North Central PredatorsOMHA93
9Sudbury Minor Midget WolvesNOHA103
10Waterloo WolvesALLIANCE82
Honourable Mention
Kitchener Jr. RangersALLIANCE
London Jr. KnightsALLIANCE
Niagara North StarsOMHA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

I thought this was the Ice Dogs forum?

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Funny how us fans can dismantle a top rated team to re-inforce that same team, finding other players else where that we already have them right here on our team or in our organization. What we are trying to do here is telling our first place Knights team on a 14 games winning run they are not worthy. Taking our second line or first line players and turning them into third or fourth liners to make room for players that they themselves were on inferior team(s).

The point I am making here is you can or could take an average team and build it into winners, but can you take a top winning team and make them more of a winning team. Last year Soo tried that and it didn't work, Hamilton whom were an average team did build up to become winners. Is this years Knights a Soo team or a Hamilton team. After the 2004-05 Knights went on a 31 game winning streak without a loss they went and got re-inforcement (Dennis, Fritsche and co.) they did ended up losing 7 games after the new aquisations. Just be careful when you mess with your now winning roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad