London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Funny how us fans can dismantle a top rated team to re-inforce that same team, finding other players else where that we already have them right here on our team or in the organization. What we are trying to do here is telling our first place Knights team on a 14 games winning run they are not worthy. Taking our second line or first line players and turning them our third and fourth liners to make room for players that they themselves were on inferior team(s).

The point I am making here is you can or could take an average team and build it into a winners, but can you take a top winning team and make them more of a winning team. Last year Soo tried that and it didn't work, Hamilton whom were an average team did build up to become winners. Is this years Knights a Soo team or a Hamilton team. After the 2004-05 Knights went on a 31 game winning streak without a loss they went and got re-inforcement (Dennis, Fritsche and co.) they did ended up losing 7 games after the new aquisations. Just be careful when you mess with your now winning roster.
True enough....lets see what the team can do without its big guns who will be away at the WJC...

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
True enough....lets see what the team can do without its big guns who will be away at the WJC...
What will that prove? The teams performance during that stretch is in no way indicative of how they are as a team.... I mean.. unless you are projecting a series of unfortunate events happening to the team like Formenton drinks a ton of tonic and his head grows to such a size that he cant skate and Bouchard gets arrested for every unsolved murder in Vancouver....

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
At the end of this, I say wait until Ottawa shows there hand and decides to go in on their players that they want. They still have 8 second round picks from 2019-2021 even after the Michael DiPietro trade, so it means they wanna go for it this year and next so let them go after who they want and as everyone knows, there is some options with only 2 contenders for the OHL title and 4 other darkhorses.

Let them go get Saigeon and whatever else they want, and then pick up the guys you want that’s left for a lesser price...

I like aggressive GMs who control their own fate. You dont wait on other teams IMO. You dont add a piece in reaction.
You identify potential areas of need and then if you like a player as a match you try and acquire them to make your team better.
Dont like settling automatically for option B. Sure you have contingency plans in case things dont work out.
But you decide who/if you wanna add and go after it.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I thought this was the Ice Dogs forum?
I just got banned from their forum for trolling. I wrote about how they blame London for everything including Ottawa getting DiPietro, not getting a good return from Windsor for Incze, Trump winning the election and General Motors leaving Oshawa. Just goes to show how the fans on their forum are thin-skinned, Knights-obsessed, whiny, punk-a$$, b$*ch pu$$ies.

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region

Glad you replied LDN. thank you !

It's not just the big individual guns that has formed this team until now, it's not how many goals can a big gun scores. It's more like how well can they play Dale's team system and how well can they produce by committee as a team even when the big players are missing. This team has talents, lots of it and not only that, they are smart enough to understand and accept the system given for them to implement, they have shown us from day one they can play the team game.

Which is easiest ? One individual knocking a wall down or a group of individuals pushing the same wall down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->