London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
The Mad house on McDougal - where the Spits use to play for like forever before moving to the WFCU. The building is over a 100 years old. The place where every Thursday night Windsor was brawling with somebody and the fans could reach out and join in.

yeah I get that. Been there many times over the years to see a game. Never left feeling loved :laugh:. Just asking where the post came from. Like it just appeared. Is there a comment thread I missed?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So, what I just read. The players who were here before Formenton, Bouchard, Hancock et al showed up after the deadline are to blame? That would mean you are fingering McMichael, Guskov, Dunkly, Stranges, Nelson, Tympkin, <rest of roster goes here>.

Sorry not buying it. I could run with McMichael might be a bit put out at lack of PP time, where his stats benefitted greatly. Same goes for Stranges dropping down the pecking order but in no way can I believe they are the cancer here.

In my opinion, the players of the team (for the most part) are playing for themselves because the staff and team leaders have not established a team first paradigm. Its every man for himself.

Take a look at the drama in the Soo of getting your stick knocked out of your hands and no penalty called immediately, it was embarrassing and self absorbing.

I would asked, was my post read with attention ?

It's sometime obvious posts are not read with open minds. Forming own opinion while reading is very common, and can lose what the posts was all about along the way.

By the way, bad calls or no calls are part of the game, the more players dwells on these the worst the drama gets, must play through all that stuffs and quickly put it all behind. The problem with this team is much deeper to what is happening in 1-2 or 3 games.

Reactions: zman77

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
That is kind of my point, the players taking the ice are finding themselves alone out there not getting much help from a disgruntled group of players.

And another thing. They were doing so well until the arrival of Hancock and Formenton, we can also add Bouchard and Boqvist after coming back from the world series. All those players are now taking away ice time minutes, and lots of it, pushing back the players that brought up this team to first place . Players were doing so well and were mostly happy to a point each could have felt their role and ice time on the team would be secured, and are now to find out it wasn't with the arrival of top players. We may have a bunch of disgruntled players on this team, the players that were producing regularly like McMichael, Timkin, Dunkley, Guskov and Stranges have reduced their production since. These players carried the load of this team, some may say over achievers, but still brought it up to the top never the less and now finding themselves taking back seat to other gunners that were not here most of the season.

Well... my mistake then. These quotes obviously do not support my position. Would you kindly state your point in a less liquid manner?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Well... my mistake then. These quotes obviously do not support my position. Would you kindly state your point in a less liquid manner?

What I write or how it's written is what readers get, if some can't read the way it's written can always skip them

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
yeah I get that. Been there many times over the years to see a game. Never left feeling loved :laugh:. Just asking where the post came from. Like it just appeared. Is there a comment thread I missed?
I responded to ShaneWalsh asking me what was the picture on my Avatar - post 920.

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
Soo 1/9 on power play last night. Anyone think there is an increase or decrease in penalties in the playoffs? What about aggressive physical play, does that increase or decrease? Any chance that the penalties decrease but the physical play increases? So, some of the penalties last night never would be called in playoffs, is that at all possible? If so, have they increased the intensity of their play, and are playoff ready, but the refs still calling penalties based on regular season approach?
What about the 1/9 penalty kill, that isn't too shabby. They still outshot the Soo even though Soo had five more power plays than the Knights, with the shots being 42/31. They did quite well on the 3 on 5s and were ready to block shots.
Finally, the only reason for a higher number of goals recently is because of the more quality of teams they have been playing.
Maybe I just see things completely different than some other posters on here who are banking on it that the Knights season is done. There's more underlying the surface, then just the win loss column.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I disagree. Turn on the radio close your eyes and let Stubbsy bring it to life for you.. It doesn't replace being able to watch it but the call is pretty good. Stream it to bluetooth headphones and close your eyes then it's just and the hockey game. That's why they tell you which way they are going even though you are listening on the radio :nod:
Used to have to do that for years man.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Time to step up.

Saginaw's tender has been feeling pretty good about himself and his team, the last couple games vs. London.
Be first, be smart, and send a message. Buzz the blue ice, bury a couple early, chirp but be the aggressor and dont react to his antics. Get him on his heels off the get go.

(or just lay down or do something stupid, just like they have responded over the last month plus when challenged lol)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Goals for tonight:
- 3 goals
- 5 penalties or fewer
- Don't lose by more than 3 goals

Reactions: LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Goals for tonight:
- 3 goals
- 5 penalties or fewer
- Don't lose by more than 3 goals
I'll add to your list of lofty goals:
- No suspensions
- string together 3 consecutive passes.
- try to get 5 quality scoring chances at even strength
- don't get humiliated by Russian goalie.

-

Reactions: LDN

pelangio

Aug 13, 2013
Gotta look up from their phones and tablets in order to figure it out. I don't see it happening. The smartest man to ever live predicted this. And no I don't mean Albert Einstein

"When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole. We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket." -Nikola Tesla, 1926
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
we've created a generation that is 100% dependent on technology for everything. Nobody thinks anymore...nobody has to. Nobody experiences failure in their youth today because they have everything handed to them and it's not a good thing no matter what anyone thinks.

sorry. I derailed the thread

Back to hockey

Saginaw 10-1 tonight and the Knights lose 4 players for the 1st 3 games of round 1 because of a line brawl
PLEASE DO NOT SAY SORRY!!!! There are not too many people who know NIKOLA TESLA is!!! He is one of the greatest, way ahead of his time!!!! If he was here today, he would still be way ahead of his TIME!!!! Phyler, I know I have read your posts, agree with some, disagree with some, but the entitlement is not 20 years of age it is older , I would say 30. I raised my 3 ladies the same as you raised your men, they do not get trophies until they have earned it!!! To bad who dont agree with us!!!! When you mentioned TESLA , WOW, I might want too meet you, seems like we are on the same PAGE!!!

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
PLEASE DO NOT SAY SORRY!!!! There are not too many people who know NIKOLA TESLA is!!! He is one of the greatest, way ahead of his time!!!! If he was here today, he would still be way ahead of his TIME!!!! Phyler!

But a lousy businessman who got totally screwed over by Thomas Edison.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Saginaw win of any kind means they clinch top seed
London regulation win means they clinch top seed
London OT/SO win means Saginaw needs to win tomorrow to clinch it

PLEASE DO NOT SAY SORRY!!!! There are not too many people who know NIKOLA TESLA is!!! He is one of the greatest, way ahead of his time!!!! If he was here today, he would still be way ahead of his TIME!!!! Phyler, I know I have read your posts, agree with some, disagree with some, but the entitlement is not 20 years of age it is older , I would say 30. I raised my 3 ladies the same as you raised your men, they do not get trophies until they have earned it!!! To bad who dont agree with us!!!! When you mentioned TESLA , WOW, I might want too meet you, seems like we are on the same PAGE!!!
2 daughters here. Two fine young ladies I might add ;)

for those who have no idea who Nikola Tesla was/is, I feel sorry for them

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I would pretty well put money on the Spirit winning tonight

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
Looking forward to calling out every single poster on here who dished the Knights on tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad