London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Except for the most part the issues with this team have not been with the players whose ice time has supposedly been diminished... it's with the players that are supposedly taking it.

That being said I don't believe anything anyone says about ice time. It's not a published stat, unless you're sitting in your arena with a laptop you don't know what the actual ice time is.

That is kind of my point, the players taking the ice are finding themselves alone out there not getting much help from a disgruntled group of players. It's like they are "unconsciously" saying: hey you want the ice, take it and go at it, we'll just sit here on the bench and watch you

You don't need a laptop to see the players coming back are taking a lot of ice time away, you just need to watch the game.

Reactions: zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
That is kind of my point, the players taking the ice are finding themselves alone out there not getting much help from a disgruntled group of players. It's like they are "unconsciously" saying: hey you want the ice, take it and go at it, we'll just sit here on the bench and watch you

You don't need a laptop to see the players coming back are taking a lot of ice time away, you just need to watch the game.

No... you need a laptop with an ice time program... otherwise you are just guessing...

Ok well I choose to be a little less cynical than you. I had a better life than my parents, easier for sure. I had a lot more help than they ever had and I’m successful. These kids will figure it out. It takes time.
Gotta look up from their phones and tablets in order to figure it out. I don't see it happening. The smartest man to ever live predicted this. And no I don't mean Albert Einstein

"When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole. We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket." -Nikola Tesla, 1926
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
we've created a generation that is 100% dependent on technology for everything. Nobody thinks anymore...nobody has to. Nobody experiences failure in their youth today because they have everything handed to them and it's not a good thing no matter what anyone thinks.

sorry. I derailed the thread

Back to hockey

Saginaw 10-1 tonight and the Knights lose 4 players for the 1st 3 games of round 1 because of a line brawl

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No... you need a laptop with an ice time program... otherwise you are just guessing...

Look it a fact with Dale's system, there are 18 skaters sharing 60 minutes of ice, your top 5 (defense incl.) will take the bulk of it, leaving the remaining 13 to share the rest. Some in the group of 13 used to play top 5 minutes and have been pushed back since the arrival of the star players.

Last edited:

Otto

Look it a fact with Dale's system, there are 18 skaters sharing 60 minutes of ice, your top 5 (defense incl.) will take the bulk of it, leaving the remaining 15 to share the rest. Some in the group of 15 used to play top 5 minutes and have been pushed back since the arrival of the star players.

I don't buy it as an excuse.... players return from pro camp, world junior camp, injury every year... but on top of that you cannot quantify what ice time was before these events and what it was after these events... not to mention players who are no longer with the team would have eaten some of those minutes. You blame Bouchard, Formenton, Hancock, Boqvist, and Keane for taking minutes away from the other players .. but while those guys were away or not with the team players like Golden, Timms, Perrott, Panwar, Evangelista, and Gerard Keane were playing.

Otto

no need for a laptop to see who is getting tooooooooooooo much ice time
Years ago when the claim was made about Tucker Hunter getting 20 minutes per game I timed his ice for 5 straight home games... he was averaging fewer than 9 minutes per game... so forgive me if I don't trust anyone's comments about ice time.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't buy it as an excuse.... players return from pro camp, world junior camp, injury every year... but on top of that you cannot quantify what ice time was before these events and what it was after these events... not to mention players who are no longer with the team would have eaten some of those minutes. You blame Bouchard, Formenton, Hancock, Boqvist, and Keane for taking minutes away from the other players .. but while those guys were away or not with the team players like Golden, Timms, Perrott, Panwar, Evangelista, and Gerard Keane were playing.

No I am not blaming top players taking top minutes at all, the problem is not with them, they are not the bunch of disgruntled players. There's big difference with players coming back at the start of a season, we are talking about mid season and Formenton at the end of Jan with a team already established as top team in the league before the arrival of their star players. And now these top front players that were playing top minutes who brought this team to top position are pushed back to make room, creating a disgruntled downward chain reaction with the rest of the players .

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Gotta look up from their phones and tablets in order to figure it out. I don't see it happening. The smartest man to ever live predicted this. And no I don't mean Albert Einstein

"When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole. We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket." -Nikola Tesla, 1926
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
we've created a generation that is 100% dependent on technology for everything. Nobody thinks anymore...nobody has to. Nobody experiences failure in their youth today because they have everything handed to them and it's not a good thing no matter what anyone thinks.

Back to hockey

Saginaw 10-1 tonight and the Knights lose 4 players for the 1st 3 games of round 1 because of a line brawl

If I miss a line brawl because this thing isn't on TV Im going to be even more upset then I already was... But hey If that gets things going for them so be it..

Reactions: Knights2729

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Tough to WATCH on the radio.:)
I disagree. Turn on the radio close your eyes and let Stubbsy bring it to life for you.. It doesn't replace being able to watch it but the call is pretty good. Stream it to bluetooth headphones and close your eyes then it's just and the hockey game. That's why they tell you which way they are going even though you are listening on the radio :nod:

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
When Tesla died in NY .the US Government seized all his research and Sealed his numerous Patents to this day.
His last project was Free energy using the earths natural electrical field
to power all cities etc.
No wonder his research was sealed away.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London

So, what I just read. The players who were here before Formenton, Bouchard, Hancock et al showed up after the deadline are to blame? That would mean you are fingering McMichael, Guskov, Dunkly, Stranges, Nelson, Tympkin, <rest of roster goes here>.

Sorry not buying it. I could run with McMichael might be a bit put out at lack of PP time, where his stats benefitted greatly. Same goes for Stranges dropping down the pecking order but in no way can I believe they are the cancer here.

In my opinion, the players of the team (for the most part) are playing for themselves because the staff and team leaders have not established a team first paradigm. Its every man for himself.

Take a look at the drama in the Soo of getting your stick knocked out of your hands and no penalty called immediately, it was embarrassing and self absorbing.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Back to hockey

ya ya PP31!!
Absolutely correct on your assertion regarding Nicola Tesla.
The young ones are addicted to their I-Phones and technology.
We are bathed in Electro-Magnetic energy in our bodies and around the Earth.
Good Vid on Health and Electro-Magnetic Energy with charging our health for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad