Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I still believe in Brown's potential and he still has time to get back on track. Not a guy to give up on yet.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I still believe in Brown's potential and he still has time to get back on track. Not a guy to give up on yet.

Absolutely.

Some players just bulk up later, and this looks to be the case with Brown. If he maintains his skill set and puts in the work, he'll be a gem.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Brown just scored two goals against Canada today.

When he's trying the guy is damn good. Just a matter of work ethic from him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Are these games on TV?

They are available on a Pay site. TSN starts showing games tomorrow

World Junior Summer Showcase
Finland vs. Canada
Wed 1PM ET / 10AM PT on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5

United States vs. Sweden
Wed 4PM ET / 1PM PT on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5

up to eod today Canada and USA had split squads

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ya I am usually joking but this one was serious. Our posts are the truth and it's obvious we are two of the elite blue chip posters on this board.

just a sec

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

:laugh: wait :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brown just scored two goals against Canada today.

When he's trying the guy is damn good. Just a matter of work ethic from him.

Brown definitely has it in him to be an elite player. He might be one of those kids whose game simply translates better in the NHL than OHL. We can see just how good he is when surrounded with players how have better hockey IQ.

...and damn, Sabres really got lucky with that Mittlestadt pick. That kid is going to be a star in the NHL in 4-5 years.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I guess we can cancel the panic on Brown, at least until the next crisis. ;-)

Related, Team Canada sure got embarrassed. Summer tournament and all, but we've clearly got some work to do to get competitive for this coming WJHC...

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think the Sens should trade Brown for another bottom 6 experienced veteran like Burrows to help get the team into the playoffs and get to the ECF next season!! :sarcasm:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I think the Sens should trade Brown for another bottom 6 experienced veteran like Burrows to help get the team into the playoffs and get to the ECF next season!! :sarcasm:

But then the discussion would sway from Brown being a bust to being a legit top line talent.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
But then the discussion would sway from Brown being a bust to being a legit top line talent.

Trade Brown for Draisaitl? Oilers probably want a 2nd added. At which point that's a firm no for me because it's poor asset management.

:sarcasm:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Trade Brown for Draisaitl? Oilers probably want a 2nd added. At which point that's a firm no for me because it's poor asset management.

:sarcasm:

You can't give up a first or a second because those are guaranteed superstars. You can't give up a 3rd 4th 5th 6th or 7th because that's where you get sure fire #1 dman and goalies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Those who are writing off, or even worried about Brown, shouldn't be caught up in him as an 18 year old and instead projecting him as a 22 year old. Taking opinions of Windsor fans as gospel is foolish as well. We know he had a bad season, that's all Windsor fans care about. Guys that play for their team have a 2-4 year shelf life, the Sens are projecting Brown as a 21+ year old.

Elite hockey sense in the Offensive end.
Elite playmaking ability
Great shot
Great size
Good skating

He has everything you want in a point producing Center.

He's shown all these tools, but has yet to put all together for an extended period of time as a 17-18 year old.

When he has put them all together, he's been an absolute force. Over the next 2/3 seasons his consistency shuld be one better, and will become a very good offensive guy for the Sens.

Easily the Sens most important prospect outside of a Chabot, way moreso than everyone else.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Those who are writing off, or even worried about Brown, shouldn't be caught up in him as an 18 year old and instead projecting him as a 22 year old. Taking opinions of Windsor fans as gospel is foolish as well. We know he had a bad season, that's all Windsor fans care about. Guys that play for their team have a 2-4 year shelf life, the Sens are projecting Brown as a 21+ year old.

Elite playmaking ability
Great shot
Great size
Good skating

He's shown all these tools, but has yet to put all together for an extended period of time as a 17-18 year old.

When he has put them all together, he's been an absolute force. Over the next 2/3 seasons his consistency shuld be one better, and will become a very good offensive guy for the Sens.

Easily the Sens most important prospect outside of a Chabot, way moreso than everyone else.

Man it look to me you have to repeat this again and again and again and you are right !!

Brown is a massive project for this team. They won't quit so easily after a bad season.. It would be FOOLISH especially when you can point the reason and they are kinda legit.

We are talking about a 19 y/o boy. Not every 19 y/o boy have obtain a level of maturity of the chart. Some have, some haven't and that's normal. Hell, what were we doing at 19? Were we mature. HELL NO ! It's, like you said, It's 20 + y/o Brown that this team is looking for the futur. Of course, they are not neglecting his junior year, they are important, but starting next year, they are going to control his developpement.

Let's which Logan Brown a good summer of training and enjoying himself, a good camp and maybe some game ( a la Chabot ), then a very good season.

I hope they are doing the same thing they have done with Chabot this year. Keep him some weeks with the team so that he can learn how it is. 2-3-4 weeks with the like of Karlsson, Phaneuf, Turris, Ryan, Stone, etc and see how hard they work. He's going to grow from it. The only condition, come more than ready to camp.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
With Brassard out at least until the beginning of the regular season, Brown will definitely be given most pre-season games and probably a couple of NHL games as well. Let's see how he does.

Turris/Brassard/Pageau/Brown/Chlapik/White down the middle is pretty depth. I continue to think that White will be a winger with us, but his game just screams center. Dunno where he would fit.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Gotta wait until he fills out. Not everyone fills out like Jake Virtanen 230lbs at 19 years old. I was 6'1 160lbs until I turned around 26. Now I'm 28 and 210. Can't stay a beanstalk forever.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

brown has more potential then dahlen so it better be for a veteran that gets us to the cup finals, otherwise we riot

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Elite playmaking ability
Great shot
Great size
Good skating

The Windsors are known to be uppity! :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad