Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Man it look to me you have to repeat this again and again and again and you are right !!

Brown is a massive project for this team. They won't quit so easily after a bad season.. It would be FOOLISH especially when you can point the reason and they are kinda legit.

We are talking about a 19 y/o boy. Not every 19 y/o boy have obtain a level of maturity of the chart. Some have, some haven't and that's normal. Hell, what were we doing at 19? Were we mature. HELL NO ! It's, like you said, It's 20 + y/o Brown that this team is looking for the futur. Of course, they are not neglecting his junior year, they are important, but starting next year, they are going to control his developpement.

Let's which Logan Brown a good summer of training and enjoying himself, a good camp and maybe some game ( a la Chabot ), then a very good season.

I hope they are doing the same thing they have done with Chabot this year. Keep him some weeks with the team so that he can learn how it is. 2-3-4 weeks with the like of Karlsson, Phaneuf, Turris, Ryan, Stone, etc and see how hard they work. He's going to grow from it. The only condition, come more than ready to camp.

Agreed. He is not ready yet. He needs more time to mature, bulk up, improve his skating, etc. But he is so intriguing and a very good prospect.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mittelstadt looks really good. very dynamic. Stylistically similar to McDavid.

The draft isn't looking as bad as what was being reported. Lias Andersson 2 goals for Sweden . Mittelstadt has looked good every game. Slick hands. Not quite the burner McDavid is but he's pretty fast.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Just watched his U18 highlights. Remembered why I was so high on him in his draft year.

This is what Brown looks like when he's putting in effort and isn't injured:

Has the potential to be dominant.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just watched his U18 highlights. Remembered why I was so high on him in his draft year.

This is what Brown looks like when he's putting in effort and isn't injured:

Has the potential to be dominant.

Watched it all. Looks very good. Needs to get back to form next year and score more goals and assists.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The only thing I am worried about for Logan Brown is that injuries hurt his development ala Cowen. If he can stay healthy and put in the work, he'll develop into an impact player ala Spezza (not perfect but still)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The only thing I am worried about for Logan Brown is that injuries hurt his development ala Cowen. If he can stay healthy and put in the work, he'll develop into an impact player ala Spezza (not perfect but still)

One has lots of hockey sense the other doesnt. Dont worry about that comparison, I am more worried about a work ethic comparison to a large skilled forward that didnt pan out.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
One has lots of hockey sense the other doesnt. Dont worry about that comparison, I am more worried about a work ethic comparison to a large skilled forward that didnt pan out.

Brown doesn't have a lot of hockey sense? I am not sure what I am reading here.

At some point, if you want to excel in a sport, you need to have something I call "a fire inside". So depending on that, you'll put in the work and have the burning desire to be more than good. It's not about natural ability for Brown... you can see that he oozes skill, vision and hockey sense. Doesn't mean that he will be able to put it all together.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

At some point, if you want to excel in a sport, you need to have something I call "a fire inside". So depending on that, you'll put in the work and have the burning desire to be more than good. It's not about natural ability for Brown... you can see that he oozes skill, vision and hockey sense. Doesn't mean that he will be able to put it all together.

He meant Cowen didn't had a lot of hockey sense.

Agree with the bold.. when you have the fire + massive skill or talent, you are probably going to become an impact player in your own right.

Brown need to keep to fire open more than not. and If he is able to do it, he will become an impact player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

You compared him to Cowen...

I agree he has to want it too and thats my biggest concern. To play in the NHL for a successful career no matter how much talent you have, you have to have the work ethic to match. Even guys that hated hockey competed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You compared him to Cowen...

I agree he has to want it too and thats my biggest concern. To play in the NHL for a successful career no matter how much talent you have, you have to have the work ethic to match. Even guys that hated hockey competed.

At first glance, I also thought you were referring to his comparison of Brown and Spezza, indicating that one had hockey sense and the other did not, but on a second sober look, realized you meant Cowen lacked hockey sense, so don't worry about Brown's injuries hurting his development like Cowen's did. I'm not convinced having hockey sense will make a player less prone to having his development stunted due to injuries though.

Having said that, I think we all agree that Brown's success depends on his commitment and work ethic to compete day in day out.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

*cringe* I don't know why, but the use of the word ala drives me crazy. And to see if twice in two straight sentences almost made my brain explode lol. I also am really beginning to hate the word narrative..

Nothing personal, I know I'm coming across as an ******* lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brown has to get stronger and faster while keeping his skills up. He should aspire to be one of the most dominant players in the OHL this year.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
*cringe* I don't know why, but the use of the word ala drives me crazy. And to see if twice in two straight sentences almost made my brain explode lol. I also am really beginning to hate the word narrative..

Nothing personal, I know I'm coming across as an ******* lol

Lol does it for me. No one should use that ever.
Hopefully Brown gets extra committed and works his ass off. I see that as the only thing holding him back if anything.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Lol does it for me. No one should use that ever.
Hopefully Brown gets extra committed and works his ass off. I see that as the only thing holding him back if anything.

As long as Brown stays away from lazily using "à la," "de rigeur," and "vis-à-vis", he'll be an impact player. He should stay away from those soft French idioms, maybe read some ****ing Hemingway.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
At first glance, I also thought you were referring to his comparison of Brown and Spezza, indicating that one had hockey sense and the other did not, but on a second sober look, realized you meant Cowen lacked hockey sense, so don't worry about Brown's injuries hurting his development like Cowen's did. I'm not convinced having hockey sense will make a player less prone to having his development stunted due to injuries though.

Having said that, I think we all agree that Brown's success depends on his commitment and work ethic to compete day in day out.

Cowen wasnt bad because of injuries he was bad because he didnt know where to go on the ice. IE hockey sense, he didnt have it in Jr and he didnt have it in the NHL. It was obvious at the world juniors both times he played, people around here chose to ignore it.

So no once again I am not worried about Brown not developing due to injuries, players have the choice to work through them. Brown will need to prove his commitment in order to play in the NHL.

Cowen did work through his injuries, I wont fault him about that he had a much stronger work ethic than Brown. However like I mentioned before he simply didnt know where to go or how to play the game. You could specifically tell this was an issue because he was unable to identify these faults in his game which many people believed was a poor attitude. The more I think about it is I really dont think he could identify where he was making his mistakes, so he answered the status quo. He is going to 'keep playing his game' 'working hard' etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad