Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Under no circumstances are the Senators going to have to send a forward down due to lack of roster space. This year's camp isn't going to be like the last few have been, where the roster was set before it even began. We only have 8 or 9 one-way contracts up front - the 3 or 4 best young forwards in camp will make the team.

It's almost unprecedented for an NHL team to enter camp with as much genuine opportunity as the Senators are offering. The path is clear for whoever wants to step up and take a roster spot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Under no circumstances are the Senators going to have to send a forward down due to lack of roster space. This year's camp isn't going to be like the last few have been, where the roster was set before it even began. We only have 8 or 9 one-way contracts up front - the 3 or 4 best young forwards in camp will make the team.

It's almost unprecedented for an NHL team to enter camp with as much genuine opportunity as the Senators are offering. The path is clear for whoever wants to step up and take a roster spot.

I'm assuming Tkachuk has nothing to worry about, so 9 guys on one-ways and 1 guy who's as good as on a one-way. They probably keep 13 forwards up to start the year, particularly for the early road trip down to Vegas, Dallas and Arizona.

So, 3 spots up for grabs. Formenton seems to be a perennial starter with the team, might as well pencil him in for a cup of coffee. Balcers, Brown, Batherson, Veronneau, Norris, Paul, Davidsson and Chlapik are all legitimate options.

So here's the thing; what if 4 or more of those guys outperform Boedker, Ennis, Ryan or Anisimov? It's funny, because we have so many spots up for grabs, you'd think there would be room to fit everyone who deserves a spot, but we also have a number of question mark guys that aren't what they once were, and 9 guys that you could legitimately believe deserve to crack the roster.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm assuming Tkachuk has nothing to worry about, so 9 guys on one-ways and 1 guy who's as good as on a one-way. They probably keep 13 forwards up to start the year, particularly for the early road trip down to Vegas, Dallas and Arizona.

So, 3 spots up for grabs. Formenton seems to be a perennial starter with the team, might as well pencil him in for a cup of coffee. Balcers, Brown, Batherson, Veronneau, Norris, Paul, Davidsson and Chlapik are all legitimate options.

So here's the thing; what if 4 or more of those guys outperform Boedker, Ennis, Ryan or Anisimov? It's funny, because we have so many spots up for grabs, you'd think there would be room to fit everyone who deserves a spot, but we also have a number of question mark guys that aren't what they once were, and 9 guys that you could legitimately believe deserve to crack the roster.

Ya that's a problem. A good problem, but a problem nonetheless

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ya that's a problem. A good problem, but a problem nonetheless
Hopefully down the road some of them become more than just guys who could crack a roster. A team of peter Regin and Schastlivy's wont get you far. We need the big names to hit there potential and some of the lesser known guys to surprise.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully down the road some of them become more than just guys who could crack a roster. A team of peter Regin and Schastlivy's wont get you far. We need the big names to hit there potential and some of the lesser known guys to surprise.

That, to me, points directly at Josh Norris. If we can manage to hit a home run with Norris and he becomes the centre version of his buddy Brady, that sets up this roster incredibly well.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
That, to me, points directly at Josh Norris. If we can manage to hit a home run with Norris and he becomes the centre version of his buddy Brady, that sets up this roster incredibly well.
I predict Norris gonna be better than Brown

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I predict Norris gonna be better than Brown
Interesting. It's definitely possible, but I don't see it. Haven't watched too much of Norris though other than the WJC. Interested to see what he brings to the table this year. I expect him to have a similar rookie pro year as Brown did last year, with a little less production due to not having a stud like Drake to play with. But he should have better numbers than White did in his first pro year. I still expect both Brown and Norris to be better top-6 options at C than White. Higher ceilings at least. White is already a 3C in the NHL and at times last year looked like a 2C. Hopefully both of these guys pan out and White can be the 2RW we need, in the mould of a Clarke Mac.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think he's more likely to be another White than Tkachuk. If Brown and Norris both turn out and hit their potential, our Center depth could be really strong, particularly if we land a center with our 2020 pick.

Reactions: Icelevel

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Interesting. It's definitely possible, but I don't see it. Haven't watched too much of Norris though other than the WJC. Interested to see what he brings to the table this year. I expect him to have a similar rookie pro year as Brown did last year, with a little less production due to not having a stud like Drake to play with. But he should have better numbers than White did in his first pro year. I still expect both Brown and Norris to be better top-6 options at C than White. Higher ceilings at least. White is already a 3C in the NHL and at times last year looked like a 2C. Hopefully both of these guys pan out and White can be the 2RW we need, in the mould of a Clarke Mac.
I have no problem to put White in 3c. We have Batherson and Davidson for fill rw

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa

Formenton is a forth line player. He will never be a top six forward. He will probably see a few games in NHL again and again. But he is done for me. He will never score more then 10-15 goals in NHL, he can not support cycling in the offensive zone and he is not a good passer. He could be utilized to kill penalties, but it is better to use players, who actually can score shorthanded goals. I am not sure he can even return a good value in the trade. 3 round pick a big may be? 2017 was a very weak NHL draft in years.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I have no problem to put White in 3c. We have Batherson and Davidson for fill rw
I'm definitely higher on Davidsson than most, but I see him more as an ideal 3RW than a 2. I'd honestly trade Tierney to Buffalo and try to pick up his brother Marcus, who looks like he'll be a solid 3C.

This is without the 2020 picks.

Duclair/Abramov-L. Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-White
Formenton-M. Davidsson-J. Davidsson
Balcers-Pageau-C. Brown
Veronneau

It's all potential, but that has so much potential. Especially when you add 2 2020 1sts to that group. Won't be one of the top end in terms of scoring, but we'll have a ton of support from the back end as well.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Formenton is a forth line player. He will never be a top six forward. He will probably see a few games in NHL again and again. But he is done for me. He will never score more then 10-15 goals in NHL, he can not support cycling in the offensive zone and he is not a good passer. He could be utilized to kill penalties, but it is better to use players, who actually can score shorthanded goals. I am not sure he can even return a good value in the trade. 3 round pick a big may be? 217 was a very weak NHL draft in years.
That's your opinion, but saying that he'll never be a top 6 and that he'll never score more than 10-15 goals is kinda stupid. I too think he's best suited for a bottom 6 PK role, but he does still have top 6 potential. He was top 5 in P/GP in the OHL playoffs behind Suzuki, Bouchard, Chemelevski and Frost. All are the same age, all 4 look like top 6 players. He has the potential, so let's see if he hits it. But at worst, he's a very speedy PKer.

You could say he probably won't be a top 6er, and that's you opinion. But you can't say that he definitely won't be. That's confusing opinion with fact.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Formenton is a forth line player. He will never be a top six forward. He will probably see a few games in NHL again and again. But he is done for me. He will never score more then 10-15 goals in NHL, he can not support cycling in the offensive zone and he is not a good passer. He could be utilized to kill penalties, but it is better to use players, who actually can score shorthanded goals. I am not sure he can even return a good value in the trade. 3 round pick a big may be? 2017 was a very weak NHL draft in years.

And what do these terrible takes have to do with Logan Brown?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I'm definitely higher on Davidsson than most, but I see him more as an ideal 3RW than a 2. I'd honestly trade Tierney to Buffalo and try to pick up his brother Marcus, who looks like he'll be a solid 3C.

This is without the 2020 picks.

Duclair/Abramov-L. Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-White
Formenton-M. Davidsson-J. Davidsson
Balcers-Pageau-C. Brown
Veronneau

It's all potential, but that has so much potential. Especially when you add 2 2020 1sts to that group. Won't be one of the top end in terms of scoring, but we'll have a ton of support from the back end as well.

Chuck Norris White line is really something that could happen sooner rather then later.

Norris take the left faceoff, White the right one. 3 gritty good 2way player who can produce offense. We know about rhe Chuck Norris connection but Norris and White are also friend from some Instagram sorty post from White this summer.

Great second line in the making while we have Lafreniere ( plz!!!!! ) with Brown and Batherson on a skilled top line.

Wishful thinking.. I know.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Chuck Norris White line is really something that could happen sooner rather then later.

Norris take the left faceoff, White the right one. 3 gritty good 2way player who can produce offense. We know about rhe Chuck Norris connection but Norris and White are also friend from some Instagram sorty post from White this summer.

Great second line in the making while we have Lafreniere ( plz!!!!! ) with Brown and Batherson on a skilled top line.

Wishful thinking.. I know.
Agreed. That could be a great all-purpose 2nd line, with taht 1st line as a scoring line.

Lafreniere would be the biggest win in franchise history. I'm also high on Brown and think he's gonna kill it this year but he very likely won't be a top end 1C. I think he can be a low end 1C, which is all we'll need from him if he's in between Laf and Batherson.

We, the fans, deserve Alexis Lafreniere.

Reactions: NB613 and Vprime

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Agreed. Lafreniere would be the biggest win in franchise history. I'm also high on Brown and think he's gonna kill it this year but he very likely won't be a top end 1C. I think he can be a low end 1C, which is all we'll need from him if he's in between Laf and Batherson.

We, the fans, deserve Alexis Lafreniere.

It's hopeful speaking when we include Lafreniere, but if by miracle we could draft him, he would make his center and RW so much better that even a low end 1C would see his game elevate better then he would on his own. He's that Elite

It's not the right thread, but i sincerely hope for this team to have great progress in gameplay for the forward and defence but that the goaltending let us down. At least, we could be saying that we are lacking goaltending but our player are playing well.
We finish last or near last, we get 1st!!!! Then next we get better goaltending and so on !

I cannot care less about Anderson and Niilson. I want Hogberg to do well though.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
It's hopeful speaking when we include Lafreniere, but if by miracle we could draft him, he would make his center and RW so much better that even a low end 1C would see his game elevate better then he would on his own. He's that Elite

It's not the right thread, but i sincerely hope for this team to have great progress in gameplay for the forward and defence but that the goaltending let us down. At least, we could be saying that we are lacking goaltending but our player are playing well.
We finish last or near last, we get 1st!!!! Then next we get better goaltending and so on !

I cannot care less about Anderson and Niilson. I want Hogberg to do well though.
Yeah I think most sens fans are in the same boat. I think the best case scenario this year is our prospects all grow and improve in their respective leagues,while we finish at the bottom of the standings to get that elite talent, and sell our rentals at the deadline for picks, opening sports for some kids to get a chance.

Also, Belleville having a great season would be huge. I bet guys the guys with the two way contracts would want to go back to Belleville to play some meaningful hockey in the late spring. And we should have a tremendous amount of draft capital, and if we're lucky enough, that SJ 1st could get us another impact player.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I saw that header on my news feed. Can't read the article though.

The title is a huge positive. What's the jist of the rest of it?
Think I fixed it. It's on NHL.com if it still doesn't work.

Basically talking about how he switched trainers and regimes and he feels a big difference. Put on 10lbs while not losing conditioning, stating he's in the best shape of his life (a common August answer from players who have their skating criticized). Also brings up how he wants to be a leader at the rookie tourney next weekend. Knows he has a chance to make the team and wants to be a part of the core that is coming together in Ottawa. I'm really excited to watch the kid play this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad