Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
No extra letters.... we are on the budget. Melnyk will not approve that until we reach the beginning of the FYOUS.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Down to the important questions...Ill set it up. There are two players with the same last name (Brown) - one is a full time NHLer, the other is knocking at the door and could make the team at any time.

Does Connor put an initial in front of his name on his jersey at the start of training camp? Does he take it off after training camp if Logan fails to make the team?

Or does Connor only put one on when Logan actually makes the team, and not a day before? It would be a strong arm move to refuse to put one on at training camp, and make Logan do the initial all by himself. But I might do the same in his shoes.

What if Logan makes the team, but gets sent down later on? Does Connor switch it back? Does this send a message to Logan from Conor that he thinks he belongs in the minors?

What if Logan tells him not to bother taking it off, and that he'll be right back - as hes getting demoted to belleville. And then Connor does it anyways.

Im concerned with a potential Brown power struggle coming up, and would like to know what to expect. Hopefully they can learn to co exist peacefully.

Thanks for sharing. Almost funny. Keep trying.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Down to the important questions...Ill set it up. There are two players with the same last name (Brown) - one is a full time NHLer, the other is knocking at the door and could make the team at any time.

Does Connor put an initial in front of his name on his jersey at the start of training camp? Does he take it off after training camp if Logan fails to make the team?

Or does Connor only put one on when Logan actually makes the team, and not a day before? It would be a strong arm move to refuse to put one on at training camp, and make Logan do the initial all by himself. But I might do the same in his shoes.

What if Logan makes the team, but gets sent down later on? Does Connor switch it back? Does this send a message to Logan from Conor that he thinks he belongs in the minors?

What if Logan tells him not to bother taking it off, and that he'll be right back - as hes getting demoted to belleville. And then Connor does it anyways.

Im concerned with a potential Brown power struggle coming up, and would like to know what to expect. Hopefully they can learn to co exist peacefully.

This deserve a mondblown Gif.

:laugh:

Reactions: Samsquanch

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Bellows is another sniper who needs a playmaker to get him the puck, as Bondra said, he doesn't make his linemakes better but he can close like Hoffman. Brown on the other hand is an excellent playmaker like Spezza who can make his linemates better with a perfect pass for an easy goal. And just like Spezza the way he plays will piss people off but like Spezza, Brown will have to keep producing pts consistently to keep people off his back since he will never look like he is trying hard enough for some people, me included.

IMO Brown's size, reach & weight will be difficult for a lot of centres & defencemen to handle in the offensive zone & around the net. Mathews is not going to be able to push his way to the net against Brown as easily as he could against Turris, as an example. Of course, they will need to convince Brown to play at both ends & if he can do that I expect he could be a significant player for this team's future.

I hope I am wrong in my assessment but I fear that L. brown lacks the first three step quickness and agility required to defend against swift skaters and forwards. Offensively he will be difficult to defend against and prevent from going to the net and moving him from the front of the net due to his size. Plus his lack of quickness will negatively affect his offence and 200 foot game.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Thanks for sharing. Almost funny. Keep trying.

Believe it or not, it started out as a serious post, and I quickly realized the satire in it and rolled with it...

But seriously, I do wonder if they both show up to camp with the initials, and if Connor Brown would switch back if Logan failed to make the team. I never recall seeing this before.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hope I am wrong in my assessment but I fear that L. brown lacks the first three step quickness and agility required to defend against swift skaters and forwards. Offensively he will be difficult to defend against and prevent from going to the net and moving him from the front of the net due to his size. Plus his lack of quickness will negatively affect his offence and 200 foot game.
I can't argue with that since it concerns me as well about L. Brown but having someone like Formenton or Paul on his line with the speed to come back quickly & defend well could help. I don't think he can do it alone either which is why playing him with Batherson who is really fast & good defensively & either Formenton or Paul IMO would benefit not only Brown but the team as a whole. I like Formenton because he also plays with an edge which I think could help Brown & something I wish Paul would also develop more.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Believe it or not, it started out as a serious post, and I quickly realized the satire in it and rolled with it...

But seriously, I do wonder if they both show up to camp with the initials, and if Connor Brown would switch back if Logan failed to make the team. I never recall seeing this before.
I don't think anyone will get these guys confused out there regardless

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can't argue with that since it concerns me as well about L. Brown but having someone like Formenton or Paul on his line with the speed to come back quickly & defend well could help. I don't think he can do it alone either which is why playing him with Batherson who is really fast & good defensively & either Formenton or Paul IMO would benefit not only Brown but the team as a whole. I like Formenton because he also plays with an edge which I think could help Brown & something I wish Paul would also develop more.

Just like Alfredsson covering for Heatley and Spezza on the Pizza Line.

And I agree that Paul needs to play more physically with an edge, similar to the way Tkachuk does.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I like the principle of having a defensive safety blanket with Brown, as long as it is a temporary measure with the ultimate objective being self reliance, but Paul or Formenton shouldn’t be asked to play that role. They need to be able to earn/solidify/develop into their own roster spots without having to shoulder the defensive load for their line.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

They're gonna use "Connor" and "Logan", no "Brown"

or in SJ, Erik's jersey says "Karlsson" and Melker's says "M. Karlsson"

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
One is a 6'0 180lb winger, the other is a 6'6 230lb centre. They could both just have "Brown" on their jersey and the majority of hockey fans should be able to tell them apart.

Brown already have L.Brown on his jersey. I saw it on a picture from the Sens today.

L. Brown.. Lebrun.. Close enough right. L.Brown will have a great career, confirm.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The only concern I have with brown is injuries but if he is stronger now that may not be an issue

other than that he should be a real solid top 6 fwd

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
If Brown pans out, hoo boy. It changes everything
I think by the end of the year, our 3 best forwards will be Brady, Brown and Batherson. Hell, that might already be the case.

With a likely top 5 pick in June (odds are its a winger), combined with the good young middle 6ers in White and Duclair, and the potential additions of Norris, Formenton and Abramov, Logan has the potential to single-handedly turn an average (young) top 9 to a very, very good top 9, if he hits his ceiling.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Agreed. If he becomes a legit top line C, the rebuild is essentially over and we can think about becoming a consistent playoff team.

That's incredibly optimistic.

I understand your overall point, but you're also slotting a ton of guys who've proven nothing into "the core". God forbid some of those guys bust out (or even fail to meet expectations) and we're in a world of trouble.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is this sarcasm?

63bda13db350d2ebcb7008fdeba398af0dfaa75780e176b1f8319ed9240dca07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad