Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I want a Calder Cup.

Belleville is a closer drive for me.

I think a lot of the kids will be going back to Belleville after the season anyways... Hopefully they aren't like 20 points out in January and have to go on a huge run to make the playoffs this year. If they're comfortably a playoff team, I'm fine with sending guys to Ottawa as long as they're back in Belleville on April 5. Unless they're invited to the worlds, they should go to Belleville for the run. Maybe get some chemistry as a group.

Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
This is what I want by the middle of the season. I kinda want Brown to start in AHL and let Batherson get settled in Ottawa. Whenever the opportunity comes, put Brown in between Drake and Brady. That's putting him in the best position to succeed. Their games compliment each other so well. Duclair-White-Ryan wouldn't even be that bad of a 2nd line either. I just kinda hope they don't do TOO well #DerniereForLafreniere

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think the Sens will try to use Ryan to shield/protect the kids. He is a big body that can hit an open net.

Someone has to convert some of the passes from Batherson/Brown etc.

White’s play at the WC’s wasn’t great. Hopefully he can can take another step forward without MD/MS.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I think the Sens will try to use Ryan to shield/protect the kids. He is a big body that can hit an open net.

Someone has to convert some of the passes from Batherson/Brown etc.

White’s play at the WC’s wasn’t great. Hopefully he can can take another step forward without MD/MS.
While I’d love to see Ryan as the shield I find his hand issues have really affected his shot. He’s still very talented and a big body but becoming more of a setup man imo. I’d love to see a resurgence, I never thought the hate for him was deserved, he’s been a good soldier and I’d like to see his final years here as his best. And, great in the playoffs, he’s one of those guys that finds another gear

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
While I’d love to see Ryan as the shield I find his hand issues have really affected his shot. He’s still very talented and a big body but becoming more of a setup man imo. I’d love to see a resurgence, I never thought the hate for him was deserved, he’s been a good soldier and I’d like to see his final years here as his best. And, great in the playoffs, he’s one of those guys that finds another gear

I agree 100% ... the reality remains he is a veteran and our leading scorer (15) and second point producer from last year (behind CT). I bet he gets paired up with a kid in training camp.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013

Found this highlight video on Reddit. I strongly recommend checking out the whole thing. We have quite the player in Brown (I feel like we have our 1C here). I’m not sure what I’m more impressed with:

1-his vision
2-his hands
3-his passing
4-his shot
Or 5- his chemistry with Paul and Batherson

Future of:

Paul-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-White
Formenton-Byfield-Abramov

(I guess drafting byfield is wishful thinking) but I love the balance between speed skill and grit on all lines.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think a lot of the kids will be going back to Belleville after the season anyways... Hopefully they aren't like 20 points out in January and have to go on a huge run to make the playoffs this year. If they're comfortably a playoff team, I'm fine with sending guys to Ottawa as long as they're back in Belleville on April 5. Unless they're invited to the worlds, they should go to Belleville for the run. Maybe get some chemistry as a group.

This is what I want by the middle of the season. I kinda want Brown to start in AHL and let Batherson get settled in Ottawa. Whenever the opportunity comes, put Brown in between Drake and Brady. That's putting him in the best position to succeed. Their games compliment each other so well. Duclair-White-Ryan wouldn't even be that bad of a 2nd line either. I just kinda hope they don't do TOO well #DerniereForLafreniere

I would prefer our 1st RD pick from 4 years ago to be so good at training camp that he sticks and proves he is our best offensive center... giving us a a top 1-2 line center and securing our middle ice when we add Byfield.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I would prefer our 1st RD pick from 4 years ago to be so good at training camp that he sticks and proves he is our best offensive center... giving us a a top 1-2 line center and securing our middle ice when we add Byfield.

Tbh I think Brown could’ve played in the nhl last year

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Tbh I think Brown could’ve played in the nhl last year
He probably could have, he didn't look too bad when he was up, but the extra time will only help. He's still 21, and we knew he was a long-term project when we took him. He's developed just fine, considering he had some injury problems. The injuries are really what I'm worried about most, other than that I think he's the best centre in the entire organization for now.

Obviously they have the camp for a reason so this could change quickly, but right now I see Batherson and Balcers as the clear front runners for 2 of the 3 forward spots. I think Brown will end up battling Davidsson for a spot, and White will be the swing guy (C if Davidsson makes it, RW if Brown makes it).

Verroneau, Forms, Chlapik and Paul would be the guys I see maybe challenging those 4.

Last edited:

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
He probably could have, he didn't look too bad when he was up, but the extra time will only help.

Obviously they have the camp for a reason so this could change quickly, but

Im ecstatic they’re over seasoning him. If I’m the GM I start him and Drake in the A and at the half way point bring them up together.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Im ecstatic they’re over seasoning him. If I’m the GM I start him and Drake in the A and at the half way point bring them up together.
Yeah I'd love if management acknoledged the chemistry and kept them together. They seem like it'd help them to play on the same line together in the NHL instead of being suyrrounded by meh vets.

If Boucher were still coach, they'd be penciled in on the same line, we'd get excited, and then he'd change the lines after their first goal. He never kept chemistry together. I hope DJ is different.

Reactions: InTkachukWeTrust

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We have to hope Brown's knee issue doesn't continue to linger. He has had his share of injuries the last 2 years. He has the potential to be our best offensive C right now and he would be in my top 5 on PP1 every time.

What I want to see is that the good young kids get enough opportunities to stay happy and hungry and I'd like to see them signed. Our best chance is to have a young core that compliment each other and that can grow together.

I have less than zero faith in Dorion making the right calls here.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Every kid before Brown in his draft has played a full season in the NHL. If the sens want to baby Brown with another season in the minors to “braise” ... they can consider him gone when his ETA is up. Time for him to show what he has at the NHL level.

Batherson barely scored the last bunch of games in the AHL and no one wants him to simmer more.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Every kid before Brown in his draft has played a full season in the NHL. If the sens want to baby Brown with another season in the minors to “braise” ... they can consider him gone when his ETA is up. Time for him to show what he has at the NHL level.

Batherson barely scored the last bunch of games in the AHL and no one wants him to simmer more.

Juolevi and Nylander have not.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Juolevi and Nylander have not.

Yes - my bad ... I am guilty of generalizing / hyperbole ..

Juolevi sounds like the worst nightmare for Lassi T Canucks Under the Microscope: Olli Juolevi

And I take a pass on the Nylanders. My point is more AHL development at this point should be very “concerning”... any pro could easily go 1/3 a season with 6G in the AHL - than what do you do ? Promote the 4th leading scorer on the team ...or burry a 1RD puck for a 5th year.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Its funny because Batherson is clearly the higher regarded prospect around here, and understandably so. But Trent Mann was just on the radio the other day and said that he believed that Logan Brown was the straw that was stirring the drink in the 2nd half of the season.

I think we have a much better player in Brown than most people give him credit for, and I bet that we see a huge jump forward for him next season.

Reactions: InTkachukWeTrust

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Brown has not even played one full season in the AHL, due to injury issues.

He is not going to be handed a spot on the Senator's roster based on anything other than him winning and keeping a spot. It doesn't matter where he was drafted, and where the other players in his draft year are playing...... all that matters is his ability to play and stay in the NHL.

He can't be "gone" when his current contract (ELC) is up, as he'll be a RFA and still under club control.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Its funny because Batherson is clearly the higher regarded prospect around here, and understandably so. But Trent Mann was just on the radio the other day and said that he believed that Logan Brown was the straw that was stirring the drink in the 2nd half of the season.

I think we have a much better player in Brown than most people give him credit for, and I bet that we see a huge jump forward for him next season.

Mann said the same thing last April / March and I've repeated what I heard him say several times on here. I think Brown is going to be a good one and I won't be surprised to see him in the NHL all year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad