Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I agree, but what do you do if you trade Stone, Duchene and Dzingel and get nobody ready back (although I imagine Dorion will bring back some veterans with intangibles as per his usual)? Somebody's got to replace them.

Bring up Chlapik and Batherson before Brown!

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Keep Batherson and Brown in the AHL for the whole season. Chlapik can be called up and form a line with Stone and Balcers for a few games. These 2 kids can benefit from Stone's aura, as well

With saying that I wouldn't mind seeing Brown and Batherson playing with Stone, too

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Melnyk owns the B-Sens, which means the organization as a whole is financially invested in a Belleville playoff berth. Because of this, it would be surprising to see these guys called up while they are red hot just so Boucher can play them 11 minutes a night.

We should probably consider sending Tkachuk down so that he can play some meaningful hockey down the stretch. I am not sure if we'd do that though, if Duchene and Stone are traded he's our biggest or second biggest name on the Senators NHL roster.

Reactions: bert

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Melnyk owns the B-Sens, which means the organization as a whole is financially invested in a Belleville playoff berth. Because of this, it would be surprising to see these guys called up while they are red hot just so Boucher can play them 11 minutes a night.

We should probably consider sending Tkachuk down so that he can play some meaningful hockey down the stretch. I am not sure if we'd do that though, if Duchene and Stone are traded he's our biggest or second biggest name on the Senators NHL roster.
If we do make the playoffs down there then tkatchuk should go down and play. Anyone who’s eligible should go down.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

Tkachuk is already an NHL player. He's still developing at only 19 years old. Leave him IN the NHL for the rest of the NHL season. If BEL makes the playoffs, send all of our eligible players to them for the playoffs. They could basically run a top 6 of:
Balcers-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Chlapik

All guys that could/should be in our top 9 next with *Stone, *Duchene and *Dzingel.

On the back end, we give them Jaros and Lajoie back, and maybe even send Harpur down through waivers. Could be a huge boost, as the Marlies, Americans and Crunch won't get much as their NHL affiliates could all be in the playoffs. I'd subscribe to AHL TV for the playoffs.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
What a killer goal. I was watching parts of the game and he looks good. So big and crazy reach with that stick

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Beauty goal - just keep in mind these and a few other of the highlight goals recently have been scored on 3-3.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Tkachuk is already an NHL player. He's still developing at only 19 years old. Leave him IN the NHL for the rest of the NHL season. If BEL makes the playoffs, send all of our eligible players to them for the playoffs. They could basically run a top 6 of:
Balcers-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Chlapik

All guys that could/should be in our top 9 next with *Stone, *Duchene and *Dzingel.

On the back end, we give them Jaros and Lajoie back, and maybe even send Harpur down through waivers. Could be a huge boost, as the Marlies, Americans and Crunch won't get much as their NHL affiliates could all be in the playoffs. I'd subscribe to AHL TV for the playoffs.

Batherson is or should be an NHL player too. That doesn't mean he won't benefit from being part of a strong AHL run rather than playing limited minutes for Boucher on a last place NHL team.

We are last place and about to trade away all our stars. I think playing playoff hockey, or at least important games down the stretch would be more important for Tkachuk than experiencing the downfall of our season after everybody is shipped off at the TDL. Although, I guess both are learning experiences.

Tkachuk's in his first season after being drafted. White was drafted almost 4 drafts ago. I do not think it'd be appropriate to send White down.

Tkachuk is a player who we drafted with being a leader in mind. I think being part of a playoff run with guys he will play with (hopefully) for the better part of the next decade in Gus', Brown, Batherson, etc would be a valuable enough experience to warrant sending him down.

It's also not like he is still killing it in the NHL. He has been up and down over the last few months.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Batherson is or should be an NHL player too. That doesn't mean he won't benefit from being part of a strong AHL run rather than playing limited minutes for Boucher on a last place NHL team.

We are last place and about to trade away all our stars. I think playing playoff hockey, or at least important games down the stretch would be more important for Tkachuk than experiencing the downfall of our season after everybody is shipped off at the TDL. Although, I guess both are learning experiences.

Tkachuk's in his first season after being drafted. White was drafted almost 4 drafts ago. I do not think it'd be appropriate to send White down.

Tkachuk is a player who we drafted with being a leader in mind. I think being part of a playoff run with guys he will play with (hopefully) for the better part of the next decade in Gus', Brown, Batherson, etc would be a valuable enough experience to warrant sending him down.

It's also not like he is still killing it in the NHL. He has been up and down over the last few months.

While I agree, I feel like the sens promised Tkachuk a roster spot for the year to get him out of college. Also, would he not be paid considerably less if he got sent down? 70k vs 925k.... I know he's already made most of that 925k but still, I'm sure he wants all of it, and if they did sell him on leaving college, I'm sure the $$ was a big part.

Pay his full salary and then send him along with all of the others down on April 7th, where they can play the last 3 regular season games with Belleville and hopefully playoffs.

Edit: Oops, should probably be talking about Logan Brown; he's good.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
While I agree, I feel like the sens promised Tkachuk a roster spot for the year to get him out of college. Also, would he not be paid considerably less if he got sent down? 70k vs 925k.... I know he's already made most of that 925k but still, I'm sure he wants all of it, and if they did sell him on leaving college, I'm sure the $$ was a big part.

Pay his full salary and then send him along with all of the others down on April 7th, where they can play the last 3 regular season games with Belleville and hopefully playoffs.

Edit: Oops, should probably be talking about Logan Brown; he's good.

They likely did promise him a spot, but the dynamic of the situation is different. He isn't exactly being demoted as much as being put in a situation that will be more valuable to him experience wise.

He would be taking a pay cut, which I can't really comment on how he'd feel about that since I don't know the guy. He's two years away from a big contract, so maybe 5 or low 6 figures of cash isn't as big of a deal. (As silly as that sounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad