Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They likely did promise him a spot, but the dynamic of the situation is different. He isn't exactly being demoted as much as being put in a situation that will be more valuable to him experience wise.

He would be taking a pay cut, which I can't really comment on how he'd feel about that since I don't know the guy. He's two years away from a big contract, so maybe 5 or low 6 figures of cash isn't as big of a deal. (As silly as that sounds)

If the sens do indeed dump all three UFA's I like the idea of him getting time in the AHL. I am sure he doesnt want to do it however it would probably be good for his development. I also agree that there is no point in sending White down at this point.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the sens do indeed dump all three UFA's I like the idea of him getting time in the AHL. I am sure he doesnt want to do it however it would probably be good for his development. I also agree that there is no point in sending White down at this point.

I would like to see the BSens get loaded up to catch Utica and take a run in the playoffs..
If the Sens need players bring up the BSens 3rd and 4th liners.

I am really liking Mann as a coach.. He has done a great job of working with the higher end prospects .. I think he would be so much better than Boucher at working with young players... He just seems to bring players along and recognize when they are ready to bring more. Unlike Boucher that who if he had his drothers would rather play Pyatt than a guy like White.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
The Batherson effect (not that Brown isnt playing well but there is a direct correlation)

They have helped each other

This remind me of those good all days when people would argue..

Alfreddson is only producing because of Spezza and Heatley
Spezza is only producing because of Alfredsson and Heatley
Heatley is only producing because of Alfredsson and Spezza

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I agree with most here ,that Brown should stay in Belleville for awhile...He needs to at least play a few months without injury,and the extra cooking will do some good

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
He can skate really well
Nick Paul just reaping the rewards of that playmaking

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He can skate really well

Yep. Brown is one of those tall lanky skaters who only look like they're going slow because they're not pumping their legs all the time like smaller skaters have to.

Marty St.Louis was hella fast, but he LOOKED fast too because his legs were going a mile a minute. Guys like Brown can cover a lot more ice with their longer stride.

Spezza used to be accused of the same thing when he was a rookie - dude had a long stride that pushed off hard, and he was able to cover as much ice with hia couple of big strides as smaller players were able to do with more.

Many great players 6'2" and taller always get the label of "bad skater" for exactly that reason.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
A quick scan and it looks like every player drafted ahead of Brown has close to a full season in the NHL. Time for the kid to play. We are well beyond having to worry about not rushing him.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Judging by that highlight package Brown's shot is excellent. Not a super quick release (still really nice, just not elite NHL calibre) but he disguises it really well. He sells pass and keeps goalies deep in his net. Then when he gets it off it's heavy and accurate. I could see him being a threat from the anywhere in the circles, especially on the PP.

I've had concerns about Brown but I'm starting to get excited. I think he could help a well run NHL PP right now.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Judging by that highlight package Brown's shot is excellent. Not a super quick release (still really nice, just not elite NHL calibre) but he disguises it really well. He sells pass and keeps goalies deep in his net. Then when he gets it off it's heavy and accurate. I could see him being a threat from the anywhere in the circles, especially on the PP.

I've had concerns about Brown but I'm starting to get excited. I think he could help a well run NHL PP right now.

Ya I think so. The size, reach and skill is fairly unique. He'll be able to keep defenders off the puck. The kid needs to stay healthy. If he can do that, i expect we'll be pleasantly surprised this year

Reactions: Karlstrobe

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That highlight reel shows off Brown's high-end skills pretty well. Has #1 C upside if he puts it all together.

Biggest question market is his competitiveness, but I think if we play Tkachuk with him that it'll ensure his effort level is more consistent.

Windsor did something similar with Brown by playing Brendan Lemieux as his LWer, which resulted in a notable increase in intensity in Brown.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I'm so happy that Brown and Batherson found some good chemistry together and compliment each others skillset.

I've always doubted Brown's ability to single handedly carry a line/the offense but with Drakey B by his side, they will make for a deadly duo.

Reactions: MountSash

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'm so happy that Brown and Batherson found some good chemistry together and compliment each others skillset.

I've always doubted Brown's ability to single handedly carry a line/the offense but with Drakey B by his side, they will make for a deadly duo.

Yup. Two really smart players and they seem to mesh. I like how both are threats to shoot while also having really good vision. Ideally I'd like to see more of a straight line player play with them on LW.

Formenton in a year or two could work really well. His speed could back off defenders giving B&B more room and he could get in on the forecheck. Also has decent skill and defensive awareness.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Yup. Two really smart players and they seem to mesh. I like how both are threats to shoot while also having really good vision. Ideally I'd like to see more of a straight line player play with them on LW.

Formenton in a year or two could work really well. His speed could back off defenders giving B&B more room and he could get in on the forecheck. Also has decent skill and defensive awareness.
Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad